Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match pies v Brissy...what'd d'you reckon?????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruddeger Virgo

The world's best sister act

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Third quarter was a worry. They stepped up and we simply could not match it with them. But counter that with our first half and it's not all bad.

We need to learn to capitalise on oppportunites, we could've been 5 goals up at half time and almost put the game beyond doubt.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:28 pm

the difference? about $600,000.

next week is the one that counts.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:35 pm

First 1/2 was excellent,but we dont win games in 60 mins.There are usually 4 quarters of footy and not two.
The PIES didnt loose the game and Brissy didnt win.It was played in 2 halves,so neither got the better of the other.
Any ways its only game 4 and there are plenty more to come.

mj 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:23 pm

watching the game last night it seemed to me that some of our players were a lil intimidated by the Lions. For instance, Shaw and Davis, 2 of our less physical players, seemed more content to go to ground when the opposition were bearing down rather than backing themselves. Amongst other things, I believe we needed much more physically out there to match the lions. Having said that, I loved seeing Buckley tear the lions apart with 33 possies in such a huge game, in front of such a hostile crowd. He proved once again the champion he is. Simply amazing. Also, Tarrant and Rocca had really good games. Like most of us, I'm sure the boys will be feeling very disappointed, and will be motivated to kick ass in our next encounter. Looking forward to Anzac Day when we beat the Bummers!!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:45 pm

London Dave wrote:
Didnt step up when it counted...end of story

This loss should hurt big time!

It "counted" for 4 points. And that should be the extent of the hurt.

4 points that got away. It might be important at the end of the year. Or it might mean jack shit.

Only time will tell.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:53 pm

McGough27 wrote:
What do people think about Lynch's attack on Clokey in the 2nd quarter . The ball was out of bounds , Lynch grabs Cloke around the neck and slams him on his back . Totally uncalled for and if the tribunal is serious , should come under "unduly rough play" . No worse than what Prendergast (Carlton) got reported for last week v Essendon .

Looks like he must have slipped a few angry pills into his usual pre-game cocktail of pharmeceuticals.

I wonder how they administer his drugs. Do they stick a tube up his nose like they do when they give racehorses a "milkshake" before a race. It would be funny to watch. Maybe they'll stuff it up one day and drown the bastard.

Lynch should go the proverbial row-of-shithouses over that. Cloke could have finished up in a wheelchair. Time to take the gloves off with this thug. He is a disgrace to the game.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:27 pm

I have a question for some of you....do you think the gabba home ground advantage is worth more than 14 points or less than 14 points? I certainly think they are a 5 goal better side at the gabba.

For us to not only be in the game but have the chance to put them away in the first half shows that we are where we need to be. Even at 20 points down at 3qtr time we were still in it. IMO a 14 point loss at the gabba is worth a 3-4 goal victory at the G. Agreed Dr Alf, we lost 4 points last night, nothing more.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:30 pm

I actually don't think the loss will hurt us very much at all. You can learn a lot from a loss.
To put it in perspective, the last side to go through the Home and Away season undefeated was the pies in 1929.
As long as we back up on Anzac day by belting Essendon, things should still go okay.

BJ

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:22 pm

i dunno what the home ground advantage is worth. but i do know that 4 posters could've been 24 points our way. and a win.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:24 pm

Everyone pleae do not worry too much,

We had a good try and were very good in the first half i thought we were going to roll them there were also some promising signs with the last three goals as well.

Next week we are most likely going to have a good win against essenscum and next week and the worst we can be on the ladder at the end of the week is 3rd so not to worry about the ladder at all.

Just out of interest something that happened just like it did in the granny last year is in the last 5 minnies of every quarter brisbane took over for a bit and kicked about 2 or 3 goals thats something we need to work on to not let em get goals that easy and keep the good lead for the quarter. Did anyone notcie how brisbane did that?

CARN THE PIES!!!!
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:37 pm

our goal is to win a flag, am i wrong??? to do that we have to beat teams like the lions. people say, oh well we played our best gave it a try, well if we "Give it a try" during finals and lose like that your all not going to be happy. I went into this game thinking and expecting to win. And im not 1 bit satisified with the performance last night. am i the only 1 who's not satisfied with that performance???
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:44 pm

foxy wrote:
the difference? about $600,000

Spot on! That's like a Jonathon Brown and the extra cash to retain a Voss, Black or Lappin.

We were good in the first half but were disppointing in the last half, obviously.......just seemed that when the Lions stepped up a gear and flexed some muscle, we just couldn't keep up. The physical strength of some of their players is unbelieveable. But up there Brisbane is always going to be a 4-5 goal better side, unless of course if they have a few injuries (ie: when Melbourne beat them last year), so at the end of the day, the boys weren't disgraced and should take some heart from that!

BUT.....If I had to make a choice I would have given this game up rather than lose on Anzac Day Embarassed
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:10 pm

HELL YEAH STUFF BEATING BRISBANE IF WE HAD A CHOICE WE ALWAYS LOVE TO KILL THOSE ESSENSCUM MONGRELS ON ANZAC DAY AND WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:32 pm

foxy wrote:
the difference? about $600,000.

This was discussed in the chat room towards the end of the game...we decided that the 600k probably went staight into the umpires back pockets!!!!

Alf, the loss should hurt big time, we were in a position to win, and didnt get the job done, dunno about you, but that'd hurt me big time! And yes, it may or may not mean diddly squat at seasons end, but I'd prefer to be in the position now where that question was irrelevant.
chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:14 pm

Viewed the game in the cold light of day. Most posters made some valid points. Some points do need to be repeated only to emphasise the specific nature of the loss in the hope that others do not panic and get too far ahead of themselves.
* Note the physical nature, the brute force applied to our younger brigade. The times they ran straight through our tackles that resulted in goals.
* Wrong end of some puzzling umpiring decisions
* Missed scoring opportunities that should have applied scoreboard pressure, especially in our dominant first half.
* some key players still underdone.
* Leon's inability to shake off a more physical opponent (a bit harsh perhaps)

Generally more positives than negatives to take out of this loss (it is possible). MM was not impressed with our lack of discipline,stated that many team rules were not adhered to during the entire match
Expect a bold showing on ANZAC day. Once all are firing we will be awesome. This could take a few more weeks yet as we get more consistency in the game plan, so be patient as we struggle through some and blitz some - but what a ride it will be. Just hang on! cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: