Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match pies v Brissy...what'd d'you reckon?????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still plenty of fire in the belly now. If we had beaten brisbane in brisbane where do you go from there? Theoretically you shouldn't lose one game for the whole year. It IS the hardest task in footy. Now MM can go back and instill into the boys that we still have improving to do. I don't care what is said, IMO we have never feared them - still don't so that is not a factor. This loss has many positives that should be seen in performances later on. The 1990 lost to hawthorn was the kick in the bum we needed. No complacency now after a loss.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:33 pm

Ditto, pretty much to what most people said.

I will add though without any hint of sarcasm or doubt, what I saw last night absolutely convinces me that we will win the flag this year. We destroyed the best team in the comp of the last two years in the first one and a half quarters. Hell how long did we actually play good footy for in that game and lost by just a little over two straight kicks. September can't come soon enough.

Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:54 pm

I was very happy with the first half... Was good to give them a fright, well played... Was horribly disappointing in the 3rd quarter, but there were many positives in the game on a whole.. And haha brisbane for letting us get back to 14 points.. ya know if the game would of gone on 5 more mins could of been very close...

I was very angry at Lynch, I couldn't believe he got away with that on Clokey...He could of got badly injured, thank goodness nothing came out of it.. I think Clokey deserved more than a free kick....I know what I'd like to do to Lynch if I ever had the opp. Evil or Very Mad

Looking forward to next week...

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:51 am

I just thought to myself.....$600 000 more than us and 3 umpires...how much more do Brisbane need to sustain their status......WE WERE ROBBED...make no doubt about it.....those umpires should be held accountable for such a terrible display....just ask driver!

Cheers

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:13 pm
Post subject: Bloody umpiresReply with quote

Cool
After reading this post I feel 100% better knowing I'm not the only one thing we were robbed blind by the WHITE SCUM. The non free to Neon followed by the pitiful too high free to McCrae in the second quarter. was the 2 goal turn around that we eventually got done by.
I am proud of the boys who battled the salary cap, the WHITE SCUM,and the Nazis at the AFL in banning our banner,to only lose by 14 poinnts.
Bring on ESSENSCUM!!!

Crazy_eyes 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:45 pm

Guys, what we are clutching at is straws, What should have happened did not, The brisbane side was too good, and as malthouse said we were murdered in the mid field. Our efforts late in the second half and third quater was pretty piss poor. But on a lighter note bring on the essendon scum for a real thrassing!!
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:04 pm

This loss has taken the attention away from us. Nobody gave us a chance last year...this year will be no different. MM would be happy without the extra pressure on us. If we had've won, we'd be the talk of the town (anyone remember Melbourne's media frenzy after they won up there).

I still believe we took an important step towards our GF victory this year. Anyone remember getting blown away by Port last year in the first qtr and a bit? 33 points was the margin at one stage (sound familiar?). The next time we went there we won.

The ground holds no fear whatsover. We can play them again either at the G or at the gabba....we fear them nowhere and our performance on thursday proved we have no fear. I dont' like losing to anyone but brisbane beat us at the end of the day. No excuses, but it's a good loss in my view.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:44 pm

Very very very disappointing to lose from the position we were in at half time but we certainly werent disgraced at all.

Had the game been in melb we woulda won by a fair bit i think. Brisbane are GONE in September, im confident we can beat them when it really counts.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
xpunky bash 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:23 pm

What was happening with the clock. It barely stopped prior to the last ball ups. Anyone notice that ? The last 3 minutes seemed to keep ticking without any of the stop-starts being accounted. I suppose we raise these things at our own peril. At least our fellas are noble in defeat. Not like akkers who has a swipe at the umpires -the week before when they get short back and sides from the shin boners. B.T.W. Do you think that Akkermanis is using mascara on his beard, eyebrows and moustache ?
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:46 pm

Back in late 80s and 1990, Essendon was the team that was always a problem. We lost in 1990 to them at VFL Park but you could just see that the players knew they now had Essendons measure and should have won. The next 2 times that year, er thunped Essendon.
The same WILL now happen with Brisbane. We now know we have their measure and will not lose to them again this year
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:54 pm

#3 Umpire crucified us. 4 Posters don't help. Team failed to man up in 3rd Quarter. Stop plays suited Brisbane. Why the hell we stood there looking for an option and let them man up is a joke.

So far this year and I will say it again we have not beaten anyone yet. 14 point loss to Brisbane in Brisbane is not to shabby, but we kicked goals when it was all over.

Tarrant is playing great. Consistant and is doing the 1 % ers. Go Tazza

Oh and Buckley, how many of his glorious amount of possesions were turnovers. Dam disgraceful for a player of his quality to turn the ball over that many times.

Brisbane are the yard stick of course, but geez we will struggle to be a broom if we keep going to sleep in games.

Bring on the Bummers for a pumping if we are good enough.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:54 pm

#3 Umpire crucified us. 4 Posters don't help. Team failed to man up in 3rd Quarter. Stop plays suited Brisbane. Why the hell we stood there looking for an option and let them man up is a joke.

So far this year and I will say it again we have not beaten anyone yet. 14 point loss to Brisbane in Brisbane is not to shabby, but we kicked goals when it was all over.

Tarrant is playing great. Consistant and is doing the 1 % ers. Go Tazza

Oh and Buckley, how many of his glorious amount of possesions were turnovers. Dam disgraceful for a player of his quality to turn the ball over that many times.

Brisbane are the yard stick of course, but geez we will struggle to be a broom if we keep going to sleep in games.

Bring on the Bummers for a pumping if we are good enough.
tazza200 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:06 am

As said Brisbane is a 5 goal better side but they took their foot off in 4th Q time on.

Complete joke of an All-Australian CHB Leppitch got screwed by both Tazza and Rocca, Until he chucked up at half time, then somehow manged to kick a flukey goal.

Dont worry about brisbane they've had a good run with injuries which will be sure to end mid-season.

Plus they will lose their share of games and that draw my come back to haunt them Twisted Evil , I even think they have to the dees on a good week.
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:07 pm

You don't win Grand Finals in April, this game was more experience for the younger players. Most sides don't get within 5 goals at the Gabba, it was a great effort, it will make it more sweeter when we win the flag in September, not necessarily against Brisbane you know, but hopefully they will make it and we can get proper Revenge( you don't get revenge for losing a Grand Final in a Home & Away match).

GOOOOOOOOOO you PPPIIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Zaius Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:49 am

It came down to a few post hits by us and some quick goals which should have been shut down by "Leppith, I puke then dominate" and "Blonde hair brown beard Aka"

ahhh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: