Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match pies v Brissy...what'd d'you reckon?????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from QLD and after spending a few days hiking through the rainforests, I can't remember the match details now!!! The match wasn't fantastic but the holiday was great!

I think one positive from the match was that we didn't play anywhere near our best and had a lot of relatively quiet players and yet we still only lost by 14 points. The side that played the last quarter against Geelong would have slaughtered the Lions in the first half and there would have been no way they could have come back BUT unfortunately we didn't hit our straps and instead let the Lions get away from us.

Wakelin started well until he had to go off and the sooky wimp Lynch was obviously getting frustrated - should have been AT LEAST reported for wrestling when he slung Clokey to the ground head first. Both Bucks and Tazz never stopped working hard and are really having a great start to the season. Other guys came in and out of the game but none really shone and in fact there were quite a few skill errors that resulted in bad turnovers that we really need to stamp out of our game. I hate it when Dermy goes on about 'clean hands' but he is right - getting first grab on the ball and not fumbling makes such a difference. And we still need to work harder at the bounce of the ball and stoppages - everyone seems to know that's an area where we struggle.

Need to improve for Friday's match but I think the team will be hungry to redeem themselves and put a good win on the board. Here's hoping the umpiring is more consistent (okay, I can dream can't I!!!!) and that they actually start paying 'holding the ball' again and rewarding a good tackle! Can't wait for the big one on Friday!

1 - Tarrant
1 - Buckley

Oh, and the seating at the Gabba was a joke. I had a seat with the cheer squad but why were they allocated so few seats? Or why weren't more CFC supporters/members seated around the cheer squad so we at least made up a complete block of seats? The cheer squad did their best but with the small numbers it was impossible to make the impact they should have made. I don't know if our Club has a say in where and how many seats we get but if they don't, they should. Do they want a strong supportive cheer squad or not? If they're going to take over running the cheer squad then they need to get their act into gear.

And great to meet you cobood!

GO PIES!
Marg
RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:36 pm

Next time we play the Lions we need to play stronger guys like Betheras and McGough instead of Leon and Shaw who are just not physically strong enough to match it with them. They're okay against quick sides like Port Adelaide etc but its got to be a case of horses for courses and when it mattered most those two guys couldn't match it!
chalky 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:28 pm

Totally agree RickyW re your comments about "horses for courses". For the last few seasons this seemed to have been a large part of MM strategy on a game to game basis eg steinfort's role during the finals. Looking back in hindsight ( what a wonderful thing) Rupe/McG would have been more suitable against the physically stronger Bears. Leon it would seem does have a few probs to work out in this regard. I'm sure he will
MM also seemed a little more ruthless in his handling of the team last year, dropping players quickly from one week to the next in order to cover new opposition. This time he seems more intent in keepng moves to a minimum. A new philosophy?
Having complete faith in your players and vice versa is a wonderful sentiment to have but sometimes it can colour team tactics and selection. I'm sure MM has not shifted totally in this direction, but I really admired his flair at slection last year,following his "horses for courses" philosophy.
cheers
GreatGonzo Taurus

Muppet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:38 pm

Leon is physically strong, just look at him up close. He just doesn't apply it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: