Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Raffle 4 - 2014: Presidents Lunch 3Aug - WINNERS!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dudham 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to this.
Thank you very much.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Well done guys. Don't forget to report back (and grab a few photos if possible!).

GO PIES!
Dudham 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi Guys
Just got back from the game and function. Today's President's Lunch was pretty much about Maxy. In fact, every person who attended today got a copy of Maxy's book and he personally signed each one. The meal was delicious with the dessert being an absolute standout.
Eddie gave a good speech. He spoke about Sydney and junior academies. He said he wasn't against them however we should not keep pouring money into them when grassroots football needs funding. Junior suburban clubs need funding for simple things like a good paint job, strips etc. Whether you like Eddie or not, when he talks there is no denying his passion for football. I personally think too many people don't listen to the message because it is Eddie. He could announce that Collingwood has developed a cure for cancer and there will be people who would find something negative to say.
Maxy then got up and made a very good speech and explained that he is going into the administration side of things. He will be working with Star Athletics for the next two years before hopefully coming back to Collingwood. Let's hope this succession plan goes easier than the last one.
After the meal, we then went out to our seats and watched the game. At halftime, more food and free drink. Overall, a very good day and I would like to thank everyone who is the sponsorship group as they helped make it possible. Day made better by us getting up.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Yes I concur. It was a great day, obviously made even better by a fighting win. Pleasant company on our table, a nice three course meal and the Crownies were duly dispatched throughout the entire day.
About 500 in attendance in the Olympic Room and as said the speeches were by Eddie & Maxy.
A highlight for me was Eddie asking Brodie Grundy's mum to stand up. He welcomed her and commended and thanked her for the qualities her son brings to the club and he told her the Pies were thrilled to have him on a long term deal. A nice touch.
For me it was an interesting and novel way to attend the footy (suited up
amongst the big knobs). But it was an interesting insight into a major part of the game experience that our club puts on that I am not usually privy to.
As for a raffle prize, it was a ripper. Thanks again.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am

Thanks for the update guys.

Very impressive by the sounds of it.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Glad you both enjoyed it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: