Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RAFFLE 1 - 2015: Season Launch - WINNERS ANNOUNCED :-)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

DUDHAM

and

MT MARTHA PIES

Lucky winners who will be attending the Season Launch on behalf of NBB.

Well done Smile
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:19 pm

have a great time guys!
mtmarthapies 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 pm

I would like to thank Nick's sponsorship for the opportunity to attend the Season Launch & Hall of Fame Dinner at Crown Palladium last night.

The night was well run, as to be expected, and I am sure that all in attendance left the night feeling encouraged for the year ahead

Ed spoke first and was brief but his emphasis was on the now and for the players to make the most of their opportunities. Also announced that the football club has come to terms with the MCC to be their major football tenant for the next five years.

When Nathan spoke it was good to hear the team plan will be to play attacking football and to be direct in our approach. He also spoke of the preseason and as you would have expected all are training the place down.

Both Ed and Nathan spoke of 2015 not being a transition year

The first induction of the night into the Hall of Fame was Ted Rowell (1901-1915 Collingwood premiership player and Captain). His grandson spoke fondly of Ted and highly of Collingwood.

His record stands the test of time and there is a short write up of him at this link on the Collingwood Football Club Home Page

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-11/hall-of-fame-ted-rowell

The second inductee was the 1990 Premiership Team and this included all player on the list from 1990 not only the 20 who played on the day, all the coaching staff, all the football department , the club board and Alan McAlister.
Only a few were not present and all those who were spoke a few words, all of which hopefully had some lasting effect on the present list. It was very moving to be see all the highlights of this year because for me it was the first Grand Final I had attended where we won after seeing plenty of losses from as way back as 1964

During this presentation The Millane family gave the match ball that Darren was holding at the end of the game to the club as well as Tony Shaw loaning his premiership, Norm Smith and Copeland medals to the club to place on permanent display

As for our sponsored player, Darcy, along with Jarryd Blair and Jonathon Marsh who were also on a table made us all feel as if they were pleased to be at our table and all interacted with the group.

Darcy was chosen to speak on behalf of the new group in an interview situation for the whole gathering and he spoke very well and of his long love for the pies and how humbling it is now that he is actually a plyer at the club.

I believe the selection of him as Nick's Sponsored Player is an excellent one and hopefully what he shows as a person he can transfer onto the Football Field as a footballer and go one better than his old man and bring home another premiership for the Mighty Pies

Again thank you very much for the oppurtunity to represent the many sponsors from Nick's at the function. I am sure Scott will have more to add as from where he was seated he kept at Darcy and Jarryd with plenty of converstion about Collingwood

Kevan
Dudham 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi All
I will re-iterate what Kevin said by thanking everyone at Nick's for making this possible. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing night.
I was lucky enough to sit next to Jarryd all night, with Darcy sitting next to him. Did what any other normal person would do in those circumstances, bent their ears all night.
Talking to Jarryd:
* Everything coming on well. Told me he was playing this weekend (since confirmed with the team being named)
* Sporting a small bruise under the eye which came from training- but he wasn't sure who got him.
* Thinks Jordan De Goey is the member of the new breed that is going to excite the most people
* Will take Queenstown for pre-season over Arizona any day- seemed to be the general consensus
* Listening to Daic's talking about how long the road to the 1990 premiership was, he really appreciates just how lucky he was to have won one after just a hand full of games.
All the boys recognised the importance of the night to the sponsors and all were friendly and welcoming- unlike a breakfast I attended a few years ago where a certain blonde #13 did himself no favours with his arrogance.
We set Darcy a goal of kicking more goals than his old man, only to find out that no one at the table knew how many goals Peter kicked for us- including Darcy.
Overall, a great night. Lastly, huge props to Darcy who spoke on my phone to one of my supervisors from my work. I now have unlimited Brownie points for the rest of the year.
Thanks to Nicks and thanks to Kevin for being a great date.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks both for the report, great stuff, and great that you had such a good night.
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:38 am

Yep, thanks for the reports. It's great to hear from folks who've attended a function on our behalf. Pleasing to hear that the boys were so friendly.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Great to hear you guys enjoyed the night and thanks for the fantastic feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: