Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Man, watching the way Melb and Geel outnumber contests at half back and actually have one of their players sit off the pack to grab the ensuing front and centre crumbs makes me ill at what we have going at Collingwood.

But they did swap 3 OOFs in about half a minute in the dying stages of the game. Didn't that bring some joy to your heart?

the dees are scum so watching them screw it up after geebung basically handed the game to them on a platter made the weekend just that little bit more bearable.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
A fairly disappointing performance. The effort was there and we had periods of dominance. In the end, we lacked the offensive players to get the job done. Compare the two forward lines and there's your difference. We're not a team that can afford to be missing 4 of our forwards.

A credit to Hawthorn as well, they were better than expected.

The most disappointing part of the game was the performance of Adams and Varcoe. We need Adams to be stepping up and he was terrible, possibly the worst game he's played for the club. Same for Varcoe, barely touched it and we badly needed his run.

Sidebottom was clearly our best and probably the only experienced player who reached the expected standard. Stephenson and Murray acquitted themselves very well for first games, tough to do in a losing side.

That pretty much gets to the heart of it. Your posts are always a voice of sanity in this asylum.

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Mugwump wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
A fairly disappointing performance. The effort was there and we had periods of dominance. In the end, we lacked the offensive players to get the job done. Compare the two forward lines and there's your difference. We're not a team that can afford to be missing 4 of our forwards.

A credit to Hawthorn as well, they were better than expected.

The most disappointing part of the game was the performance of Adams and Varcoe. We need Adams to be stepping up and he was terrible, possibly the worst game he's played for the club. Same for Varcoe, barely touched it and we badly needed his run.

Sidebottom was clearly our best and probably the only experienced player who reached the expected standard. Stephenson and Murray acquitted themselves very well for first games, tough to do in a losing side.

That pretty much gets to the heart of it. Your posts are always a voice of sanity in this asylum.

fair comparison, but compare the coaching boxes, there in lies the difference!!!!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Just watching the WC vs Sydney game. Compare the sheer mongrel of the young Swan who was felled late by Luke Shuey after a goal from the sqaure to then remonstrate and shove Shuey on his arse, to the timid, soft nature of our squad. Speaks volumes.
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Having observed the team for a long time I have noticed that in the last 6 years,

- No player has improved on what they already were or flourished under the current game plan except maybe some glimpses here and there from some like Howe
- Players do not play for each other, making a lot of skill and decision errors
- The culture of leadership, someone to take the lead and show the way when things are not going your way - many teams kill us when they have the momentum and we are unable to stop the rot
- Not playing to each others strengths or lack of understanding from the players - leading to a lot of errors, or is it that the current game plan does not suit the players
- Not being able to adapt strategy/tactics based on the game flow and the response from the opponents

I guess for us to be successful the above need to be addressed and changes made, but going from the way we played on Saturday, doesn't seem like anything has changed, which is disappointing to say the least.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:59 am

Lone Ranger wrote:
Same as last year. We play the “safe” boring Buckley game plan until we get far enough behind to abandon that and take risks. Then we look a lot better.

I’d rather take risks and lose every week than stick with the boring Buckley style.

Agree.

I'd rather see us take the game on and be prepared to make mistakes along the way, rather than play risk free dour football that ultimately hasn't got us anywhere in the last few years.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:00 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ Jezza, many thanks for doing the presser summary. It is a much appreciated service.

Cheers, Mugwump. Happy to do it.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:32 am

On a second viewing today.....

There were quite a few sliding doors moments :

- In the last, when we were pressing, reid got a clean grab in the square and dropped it. In some ways it was worse than anything Cox dropped
- Late In the third, too, Reid was set up to Mark 20m out and a hawk defender cannoned into him, chopping his arms. Play on. Dreadful decision.
- Phillips’ inability to take that josh smith cross in the last was also very deflating. It wasnt anyone’s fault as smith was shooting on goal and it was heading for the goal post when he took it. Phillips just got to it at speed, a foot from the line, and couldn’t get it to boot.
- In the third, when they were taking control of the game, both Moore and Langdon tried to tackle Puopolo and left Schoenmakers free to goal. That’s just experience.

If a few things like this had gone differently, we were not far away from them. Add a few of our better forwards to that mix, and we’d have been at least equal to this game. It was not as bad as it seemed on first viewing.

Langdon’s game was much better than I had thought. He makes mistakes but that’s cause he is always trying to get to the contest.
Pendlebury was far better than I had thought. Almost all of his possessions were creative.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:36 am

It was hard to watch at times , seeing no one on Bruest all night was terrible , cant stand that side parted accountant. Reid and Cox both very average.

On the plus side: Stephenson, Murray, Crocker, Moore all kept cracking in.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 am

My main worry is that we do not have a single CHAMPION player. We have some good players, but no-one to take a game by the scruff of the neck and inspire the whole team to lift.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Jezza wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
Same as last year. We play the “safe” boring Buckley game plan until we get far enough behind to abandon that and take risks. Then we look a lot better.

I’d rather take risks and lose every week than stick with the boring Buckley style.

Agree.

I'd rather see us take the game on and be prepared to make mistakes along the way, rather than play risk free dour football that ultimately hasn't got us anywhere in the last few years.

Jezza old son these comments could have been cut and pasted from the last few seasons so don't hold your breath expecting a dramatic change of philosophy on how we play.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Reading all these comments I've seen a glaring omission from just about everyone and that is the game that Pendles,played.He seemed totally disinterested and detached and had me wondering if the reports that are floating around about He and Buckley not seeing eye to eye are not true!!! Also Grundy and I did mention in other posts, looked like he was somewhere else.I think I asked the question"Was he on drugs"? He seemed a long way detached from the MCG for mine.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:08 pm

mudlark wrote:
Reading all these comments I've seen a glaring omission from just about everyone and that is the game that Pendles,played.He seemed totally disinterested and detached and had me wondering if the reports that are floating around about He and Buckley not seeing eye to eye are not true!!! Also Grundy and I did mention in other posts, looked like he was somewhere else.I think I asked the question"Was he on drugs"? He seemed a long way detached from the MCG for mine.

I thought the same about Grundy.... then i saw an interview with him on one of those footy shows on Sunday morning..... and uuumm... well.... i've come to the conclusion he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:03 pm

I saw players who looked play for themselves and had no Motivation to try and get back in the Game.

Does not help Bucks wants to play this Stupid Slow Sideways and Backwards Ball Movement

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:11 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I thought the same about Grundy.... then i saw an interview with him on one of those footy shows on Sunday morning..... and uuumm... well.... i've come to the conclusion he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed!
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17   

Jump to: