Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pacino 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am tired of reading the same old nonsense that Buckley either does not have a game plan or that the game plan is to play slow and sideways. All the interviews that I have seen with Buckley suggest the contrary. If someone has evidence that Buckley's instructions to his players are that they are to play slow and sideways, then produce same otherwise stop the nonsense.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
Same as last year. We play the “safe” boring Buckley game plan until we get far enough behind to abandon that and take risks. Then we look a lot better.

I’d rather take risks and lose every week than stick with the boring Buckley style.

Agree.

I'd rather see us take the game on and be prepared to make mistakes along the way, rather than play risk free dour football that ultimately hasn't got us anywhere in the last few years.

Jezza old son these comments could have been cut and pasted from the last few seasons so don't hold your breath expecting a dramatic change of philosophy on how we play.

Every decent coach including the 18 AFL coaches tell their players to take the game on (the exception being when you're 5 points up and one minute left on the clock), but what do you do when your skill set breaks down due to the pressure exerted by the opposition? That was the situation on Saturday night. I have said this so many times that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Buckley's game plan. Malthouse wrote a big article in yesterday's Herald-Sun about the forward lines of teams changing to accommodate the bigger bodied mids rather than the traditional tall forwards in the forward line. Buckley has already anticipated this. He has his mids at training sessions practicing against the defensive back six. Buckley is as up to date with the coaching innovations as any other coach in the competition. That isn't the problem with Buckley's coaching. The problem is the lack of confidence in the player group exacerbated by their poor skill sets compared to opposition teams.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:49 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
Same as last year. We play the “safe” boring Buckley game plan until we get far enough behind to abandon that and take risks. Then we look a lot better.

I’d rather take risks and lose every week than stick with the boring Buckley style.

Agree.

I'd rather see us take the game on and be prepared to make mistakes along the way, rather than play risk free dour football that ultimately hasn't got us anywhere in the last few years.

Jezza old son these comments could have been cut and pasted from the last few seasons so don't hold your breath expecting a dramatic change of philosophy on how we play.

Every decent coach including the 18 AFL coaches tell their players to take the game on (the exception being when you're 5 points up and one minute left on the clock), but what do you do when your skill set breaks down due to the pressure exerted by the opposition? That was the situation on Saturday night. I have said this so many times that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Buckley's game plan. Malthouse wrote a big article in yesterday's Herald-Sun about the forward lines of teams changing to accommodate the bigger bodied mids rather than the traditional tall forwards in the forward line. Buckley has already anticipated this. He has his mids at training sessions practicing against the defensive back six. Buckley is as up to date with the coaching innovations as any other coach in the competition. That isn't the problem with Buckley's coaching. The problem is the lack of confidence in the player group exacerbated by their poor skill sets compared to opposition teams.

The problem aint the coach imo. Our problem is that at the moment we haven't got a single champion player. Not a one. Pendles looks like he's on his last legs and so Sidey is our best player. In 2010 we had Swan, Pendles, Daisy, Dids, even (at his best) Cloke. Each one of these players could turn a game and inspire the team to greatness. We desperately need Treloar, Hoskin-Elliott, Adams and (when he returns) De Goey to step up to the plate and become great players. If Buckley is holding these players back and stopping them from becoming great players, then he needs to go, but I doubt that's the case.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Stephenson Highlights:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-03-26/stephensons-debut-highlights

SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm

At least we didn't tamper with the ball
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:52 pm

2018 was an interesting year.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Those Stevo highlights look pretty good......

Oh wait......

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Stevo norths best to 3qt
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm

What position is he playing? Midfield?

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:05 pm

He played on the wing. He was pretty much irrelevant to the outcome of the game but he got it a bit. As for "North's best", well the queue was very, very short.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Yeah, he'd be handy on a wing I reckon...33 touches apparently...too bad he was a ratbag eh?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Add 7 tackles to that 33 disposals.

Not bad considering a few of our blokes couldn’t get near it on Friday night and couldn’t stick tackles either.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
He played on the wing. He was pretty much irrelevant to the outcome of the game but he got it a bit. As for "North's best", well the queue was very, very short.

Sadly they look very much equal to us.

In fact the only two teams thus round we would beat based on the rounds form is freo and North.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17   

Jump to: