Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Dees . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How bad were the CH.7 commentators? There was BT being a d#ckhead which I guess comes naturally to him. There was Tim Watson barracking for Melbourne and lamenting all of their errors, and how they should have done this or that. He was strangely highly effusive in his praise of Sier, which I suspect is because he knows Essendon will come hard for him and offer him a big contract. Watch for that.
Then there was Gillon's brother who had some strange side-gag happening with Watson in the last quarter, where he kept repeatedly saying "are you there Tim?" in reference to Watson having given up on the Dees making a comeback.
That's the last straw for me. I'm muting them next time and putting on the radio call instead. Anyone know if this works? Is the timing of the radio call vs the video synch'ed to an acceptable level?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:20 pm

I’ve been considering no vocal at all —-did it once when cricket flogs (oops )
gave me the scheizen and liked the result

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Good win. Fun day.
My 3 votes go to Nick Riewoldt for his Freddy Mercury impersonation.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Yeah,the commentary was really bad throughout the game^My favourite part was the first clearance of the game when Brian Taylor said no less than three times that Treloar got the ball out of the middle when it was clearly DeGoey.Does he even know who our players are?

As for the game,it was good to get the win in the end.I thought we had the staggers in the last quarter and were going to blow it,but luckily we held firm and kicked away in the last part of the quarter.I think the best thing about the game was that the two players who have been carrying the team all year,Pendlebury and Grundy,had really quiet games,and it forced other players like Sidebottom and Treloar to step up.Sier was also very good on his return and should be a regular for the rest of the season now.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:24 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Good win. Fun day.
My 3 votes go to Nick Riewoldt for his Freddy Mercury impersonation.

Yeah, it was done so well. He was very impressive!! Smile
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 pm

bally12 wrote:
How bad were the CH.7 commentators? There was BT being a d#ckhead which I guess comes naturally to him. There was Tim Watson barracking for Melbourne and lamenting all of their errors, and how they should have done this or that. He was strangely highly effusive in his praise of Sier, which I suspect is because he knows Essendon will come hard for him and offer him a big contract. Watch for that.
Then there was Gillon's brother who had some strange side-gag happening with Watson in the last quarter, where he kept repeatedly saying "are you there Tim?" in reference to Watson having given up on the Dees making a comeback.
That's the last straw for me. I'm muting them next time and putting on the radio call instead. Anyone know if this works? Is the timing of the radio call vs the video synch'ed to an acceptable level?

I didn't know that was Gillon's brother. Yeah, a real buffoon who desperately hoped that Melbourne would win the game. BT I think wants to cover his a#$* by ensuring that he never appears to favour us, but I liked his comment towards the end, when asked by one of the other commentators whether he thought that Collingwood's best this year was as good as Geelong's, He answered "its hard to say, but probably no" (which I agree with), but then continued: "although maybe Collingwood might have it over the Cats in the pressure stakes". He added: "Maybe that's just my heart talking..."

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Hang on, are you all sure we won by 40 points and are back to second on the ladder.
I just read the game day thread and I’m convinced we were belted in every facet of the game. I wish some clowns would read their game day ramblings back over again and then at least have the conviction to take ownership of some of their uneducated comments.

Other than that, we go to into a much needed break with a solid win.
You would take that any time. Having said that, Melbourne are absolute rubbish and it’s an eternal reminder that nothing is guaranteed from one season into the next.

We were actually smashed in every major statistic.

They’re just woeful in front of goal, more so than us. Down 20, missed a set shot to get within 14 with plenty of time left.

We’re much better, and were better, but it’s Melbourne. That sh!t ain’t gonna fly vs Geelong, WCE, etc. And it hasn’t thus far.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Yeah,the commentary was really bad throughout the game^My favourite part was the first clearance of the game when Brian Taylor said no less than three times that Treloar got the ball out of the middle when it was clearly DeGoey. Does he even know who our players are?

Laughing Laughing I really don't know how he continues to hold down that position as one of the main callers!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Kudos for Grundy for gutsing that game out. Thought in the first 2 minutes he wasn't quite right, and lacked some jump, but he fronted up and gave a decent contest despite being against the other number one ruckman who pantsed him today. Not sure how we didn't adjust in the middle, saw Phillips in there at one bounce, mmmm dunno about that move.

If/when we can get Adams and Sier rotating through the middle we will be a much harder unit.

Best game WHE has played this year after the injury layoff to start it. Was involved in all quarters.

Now I just gotta end on the little skinny kid.

What sorta guy do we have here, has got the total yips, his second and third set shots each worse than the previous one. Then gets another shot, one that the crowd feels we need. There's tension and lack of belief. My hands are placed on my cheeks. It's directly in front. No hiding if you miss, no excuses, pressure firmly on you. And when you are yippy, directly in front can be the worst place to take em. The goals start to move, the ground starts to tilt. But. He doesn't pass off. Doesn't handball.

He goes back, and slots it.

Take a bow, Stevo.

barrackers 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:02 pm

bally12 wrote:
There was Tim Watson barracking for Melbourne and lamenting all of their errors, and how they should have done this or that. He was strangely highly effusive in his praise of Sier, which I suspect is because he knows Essendon will come hard for him and offer him a big contract. Watch for that.

Watson has been going very hard on SEN about how Essendon should target Sier. If I recall correctly Watson's co-host Garry Lyon knows Sier's family.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:12 pm

eureka wrote:
Need to be cleaner in clearances and kicking it though the big sticks but this will improve

Kicked 9 straight goals after half time, reckon that's pretty good Wink
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Skids wrote:
Kicked 9 straight goals after half time, reckon that's pretty good Wink

I'm trying to remember any set shots among them. WHE. Cox. Who else? Snaps from 15m or 5m out don't count.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:22 pm

^ I think they're all worth about 6 points.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:24 pm

They're worth 6 points but don't qualify as good kicking.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I think they're all worth about 6 points.

Precisely. How does a kick that goes through the goals, not count? Laughing

JT's was a cracker, but WHE's had me jumping Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: