Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Dogs . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ What, beyond having the single biggest game by a ruckman in 141 years, could the Coach have wanted from Grundy?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jatsad wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
How many goals is Daics averaging in the ressies?

Not all about goals. He is getting the ball and is a beautiful kick with both feet.
He has been playing well and deserves a chance.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. JT was being criticised for not kicking enough goals, so I thought i'd ask how many goals Daics had been kicking.

Nothing to do with goals, I just don’t remember seeing much of him all game

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ What, beyond having the single biggest game by a ruckman in 141 years, could the Coach have wanted from Grundy?

Who knows...but the coaches votes said a lot when Grundy was unanimously assessed as best on ground from all media outlets covering the game. Buckley wasn't happy about something from Grundy in that 1st half

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:56 am

tbaker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Who knows...but the coaches votes said a lot when Grundy was unanimously assessed as best on ground from all media outlets covering the game. Buckley wasn't happy about something from Grundy in that 1st half

I haven't checked the stats but I would suggest that the hit-outs to advantage was low. Many times I observed Grundy's tap work going the wrong way. Now, that's as much our mids' fault as it is Grundy's. However, as the General in the mid-field - particularly if you wish to command north of $1M per year for your trade - you would expect he would take control of that issue. Couple that with the fact that he was up against a virtual rookie opponent he should have made more of his advantage.
I still personally think he was BOG but I can understand why Buckley was the way he was.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 am

Abdul The Bull wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I haven't checked the stats but I would suggest that the hit-outs to advantage was low. Many times I observed Grundy's tap work going the wrong way. Now, that's as much our mids' fault as it is Grundy's. However, as the General in the mid-field - particularly if you wish to command north of $1M per year for your trade - you would expect he would take control of that issue. Couple that with the fact that he was up against a virtual rookie opponent he should have made more of his advantage.
I still personally think he was BOG but I can understand why Buckley was the way he was.

It was 11 to 1 at halftime, then he got going. Since he was already BOG then - by an extraordinary margin - it is remarkable that one or other coach (we don’t actually know which) apparently thought there were 3 better players than him on the ground. I’m sure they just make it up sometimes.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:17 am

We were lucky to win that match. The way the ball bounced out of our forward 50 plus the number of shots missed by the dogs means that any decent team would have had our measure for sure.

We were very lucky.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
We were lucky to win that match. The way the ball bounced out of our forward 50 plus the number of shots missed by the dogs means that any decent team would have had our measure for sure.

We were very lucky.

welll its about $$%^%%$ time we got a little luck!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
... plus the number of shots missed by the dogs ...

I struggle to remember a single moderately hard set shot from either side that was converted. Can anyone remember? Maybe Lloyd's goal in Q4 was moderately difficult. Maybe one or more of Schache's.

JdG had two set shots in the third quarter, one from the left and one from the right. One was fairly easy. Both were out on the full.

Most of the goals from both sides were kicked from inside or near the goal square.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: