Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Roos . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
Once again Michael Gleeson (a pies fan) hits the nail on the head.
A superb analysis.

I can't agree.The "Soft underbelly" at Collingwood is the 15 Senior players we have unavailable for selection. With Reid now gone for good,I'd suggest, Sier will probably miss this week, we have, Adams,Beams Elliot,Howe Dunne ,Langdon,(our entire 1st picked half back line right there) ,Goldsack, Stephenson ,Wells,Wills, Murphy,Murray,Kelly and Quaynor. And ,of course, the late change on Saturday that saw Aish pull out for F##K knows howe long, with "Hamstring tightness!! Don't hold your breath there lads. A typical free hit at Collingwood by a supposed Collingwood supporter.Actually it's 17.The only nail he hit on the head was his thumb nail.A crock in my book.
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Disappointed at the loss Sat night but not altogether surprised. The signs have been slowly building toward a losing result over the last 3-4 weeks, but to lose in that manner was very unlike a Pies team.

The intensity that Nth produced was Prelim final stuff and we just didn't cope! They did to us what we did to the Tigers in the Prelim 2018!

I don't think we can identify a singular root cause for the performance; Commitment, Execution or Skillset - rather it was plainly evident that at stages throughout the night, all 3 of these measures were glaringly deficient.

North executed a manic attack mindset exceptionally well and the boys just didn't cope.

I agree with Monco Matt - let this one slide and but take this result as a clear warning. The next month is seasoning defining (understatement) and a true test of character for the group.

This will sting all week and come Friday night, I expect we'll see a vastly different performance.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Great to see that Levi got the player of the round on CFC website. Really well deserved I reckon as he was one of the few to show real grunt and pressure.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Something’s rotten in Denmark. 😱
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:42 pm

think better wrote:
I have a different point of view.

This could be the recession we had to have!

Nicksters were saying the Freo loss was the recession we had to have.

(And Carlton did us a favour by beating Freo, but that means they beat Freo away, while we lost to Freo at home.)
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Disappointing match. An embarrassment all round.

Nice coaching by Rhys though.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:18 pm

mudlark wrote:
slangman wrote:
Once again Michael Gleeson (a pies fan) hits the nail on the head. ...

I can't agree. The "Soft underbelly" at Collingwood is the 15 Senior players we have unavailable for selection....

If that's true, then the soft underbelly must be the strength & conditioning and medical staff. It can be bad luck for one year, but how many years has this been going on for now?
dollygray 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:34 pm

I watch every game. I score each quarter, who kicked goals in each quarter, then the final score. I also note easy misses (for goal) and turnovers. And my best players. At the end of the game I note we won by x points, or we lost by x points. Then a general comment on the game.

Let's not pussy foot around -- our game against North was nothing short of pathetic. That's what I wrote across the page, followed by shame, shame, shame.

I don't know how our team of prima donnas are paid -- is it after each game, part payments throughout the year, or a total at the end of the year. Are they paid a bonus for a good game -- or a win? Whatever the method is, they should all donate last Saturday's payment to charity. They didn't earn the money and don't deserve it.

I don't know if we will even make the eight this year -- not based on last Saturday's performance. And hard games coming up. I despair for my beloved Magpies.

I have taken into account our injuries, but we still had plenty of players out there who just did not perform. Grundy the exception.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 pm

I can’t ever recall sitting in the top 4, let alone 2, and being so damn sure that we are spent. I had hope in 2011 that our dip in form and shalacking from Geelong was just the fact we had our eyes set on finals. Then we fell over the line twice in a row and we’re done in the Granny, basically we were cooked well and truely before finals. To me this feels like what I was hoping was not the case. We are cooked and have been for a while. It feels like the wheels are about to fall off in a spectacular way. I have no hope and we’re sitting second on the ladder. God I hope it’s just Collingwood depression and we’ll see a massive turn around this week but this team has just burnt me too many times.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Can this vomit inducing thread be taken down soon, that was the most disgusting game I have seen by us, in decades, we ran up the white flag, surrendered, can we just put it behind us, and never ever, think of that woeful non effort again ????? Shut down this thread now, Please. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:15 pm

hahaha... there's more to come PnC... there's more to come.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Skids wrote:
hahaha... there's more to come PnC... there's more to come.

Skids. Go to bed. And make a vow to never post pissed again.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:23 am

Another piece by Michael Gleeson following up on his previous review of the game (see previous page of this thread).
In this one he interviews Pendlebury.

Pies' honesty session delivers uncomfortable truths

By Michael Gleeson, July 1, 2019 — 5.48pm

Collingwood players endured an unsparing, raw review of Saturday's game in an honesty session that captain Scott Pendlebury hoped would make the game a blip on the radar.

Coach Nathan Buckley had spoken post-match of the unavoidable and unpalatable truth of players jumping out of the way and not playing with the commitment demanded. Monday's review, according to captain Scott Pendlebury, was deeply uncomfortable.

"I have not sat through one of those in a while," Pendlebury said.

"We are a pretty honest group but this was different honesty. Seeing stuff in the game which is stuff we are good at and we pride our game on – we didn't like seeing it shown back to us. When it is not structural or game plan or not following team rules it is the basics of the game for the last 150, 140 years it is hard to look at."

continues at: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/pies-honesty-session-delivers-uncomfortable-truths-20190701-p5230w.html
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:47 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Something’s rotten in Denmark. 😱

Unless you are following the World Cup soccer, nobody cares about Denmark.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: