Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Giants. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just need to get rid of Sier and leave Crispin the middle and DeGoey. Get rid of Cox and put Howe up forward to at least contest at CHF and bring in Scharenburg and Goldsack in the backline until Langdon gets back.We just cannot continue to have an uncompetitive CHF.and let's face facts.When Miochek plays bad, he makes Cox look good on one of his bad days.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Greenwood, Elliott, Goldsack and Scharenberg- please.

The jury is no longer out on Crocker and Appleby.

Big Lynch might give us more than Cox at present....

If we had picked up Jarryd Lyons (he was basically given away by Gold Coast) and not got Beams, we would be doing quite well.

The Stephenson fiasco appears to have exposed the inefficiency of the forward line without his brilliance.

If we are to play off, we will need to do a Western Bulldogs from the bottom half of the eight.- Unlikely, to be sure.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:51 pm

derkd wrote:

I accept that injuries have been a large part. But I really can not get my head around the Sharenberg omission...The trip West yes. Bit not this game.

Would he have changed the outcome? Nope but we need to get games into him

There were really poor decisions at the selection table I reckon derkd.

As I mentioned early in the game thread, the wise move would've been to get some extra height and footy nouse into the backline with Schazz in, releasing Crisp into the middle to take some of the burden off Pendles. Jack Crisp did a great job in the middle when moved there, but who was playing in defence instead of him?? They must have forgotten that IQ (who played a good game I reckon) was only relatively new to the side and then they put Flynn Appleby in who hasn't played all year, as well as having Howie returning from an injury lay off.

I know we haven't got that many fit soldiers atm, but geez, it was poor selection.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Cameron 196cm 96kg
Finlayson 196cm 93kg
Himmelberg 194cm 92kg

Appleby 187cm 86kg

Asked to play outside his weight division and it was clearly a selection mistake by the coach.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:53 pm

Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Cam wrote:
I hope the Giants enjoyed pooncing around, flexing. They are team that plays for no-one, in front of no-one. This was their Grand Final.

They were pooncing around at the first quarter break. Why our players didn't get fired up at that and show some pride, is beyond me.

We had too many kids and NQRs, and not enough fit, middle-aged tigers.

Greenwood was the big out. Moore would have helped too.

Varcoe tried, but probably won't be on the list next year. Barry Crocker made the most of his chances, but is not the answer.

I find it amazing when a team has a certain mentality the ball tends to bounce for them, into their hands, they handball to space and a teammate is there. As Steve Waugh said, you make your own luck. In AFL its a certain level you bring and just as importantly for the synergy, the level the opposition brings.

Unfortunately we didn't bring enough in the middle in the first and we let the Ferrari race ahead of us. Talent wise they may still have had enough on the park to equal or surpass us, given all their high picks. They just all clicked this week, for them, it doesn't happen nearly enough for what they have to offer.

For us, its back to base, tails between our legs. Richmond will start favourites. Not sure if we will get anyone back though.

I don't disagree with any of this.

But I would add, the first quater was probably the poorest quater I have seen us play in a long time. We have been soundly beaten in games. But that first quater we looked helpless.... that for me is a worry.

We were playing a side with something to prove, that is true... But they were a second string midfield, they has almost all thier talent missing...And yet they belted us.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 pm

Disappointing performance, but at least we stabilized the deficit after quarter time if that's any comfort for anyone feeling sad tonight.

Think the selection committee got it wrong this week. Went in too small and got dominated aerially especially in the first quarter when the Giants forwards were running rings around us. Seeing Appleby on Finlayson was a head scratching moment and really set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.

Going forward, I would like Crisp to remain in the midfield. He played through the middle in 2015, before moving into defence in recent years but I think he's ready to step up in the middle now.

Forward line had very little involvement today. JDG, Checkers, WHE and Cox were all very quiet. We had 63 inside 50 entries, but only 2 goals were scored between the four of them. They've all played well against Richmond in the past so I'm quietly confident that they can turn it around next week.

Disappointed, but still a lot of the season left to play out. Just looking forward to going to the footy next week after back to back interstate trips.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:55 pm

shawthing wrote:
Greenwood was a massive out. He has become our most consistent defender over recent weeks.

Agree. Been an underrated player this year.

Hope he returns soon.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:56 pm

mudlark wrote:
Just need to get rid of Sier and leave Crispin the middle and DeGoey. Get rid of Cox and put Howe up forward to at least contest at CHF and bring in Scharenburg and Goldsack in the backline until Langdon gets back.We just cannot continue to have an uncompetitive CHF.and let's face facts.When Miochek plays bad, he makes Cox look good on one of his bad days.

Not a bad idea mudlark. We could've swapped Howie and Mihocek around today, but that would've taken too much damn initiative wouldn't it??? Grrr.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:56 pm

mudlark wrote:

Yeah, I'm surprised that Sier wasn't a straight swap for Adams. Maybe the four outs had something to do with it?
If Greenwood wasn't so required down back I'd also suggest rotating him through the middle to do some smash and bash work. That's what he was recruited for, wasn't it?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Cameron 196cm 96kg
Finlayson 196cm 93kg
Himmelberg 194cm 92kg

Appleby 187cm 86kg

Asked to play outside his weight division and it was clearly a selection mistake by the coach.

A staggering selection and an even more staggering continuation

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Jezza wrote:
Disappointing performance, but at least we stabilized the deficit after quarter time if that's any comfort for anyone feeling sad tonight.

Think the selection committee got it wrong this week. Went in too small and got dominated aerially especially in the first quarter when the Giants forwards were running rings around us. Seeing Appleby on Finlayson was a head scratching moment and really set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.

Going forward, I would like Crisp to remain in the midfield. He played through the middle in 2015, before moving into defence in recent years but I think he's ready to step up in the middle now.

I forget now who I was having the conversation with some time back - was it MTTM? We both thought that either Crisp or Maynard was worth a try in the middle. Treloar needs to get outside more, to get his run happening, creating space, so that hopefully his disposal will improve Wink

So in full agreement with you Jezza - more Crisp in the middle . We could even rotate he and JDG to keep the opposition guessing.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 pm

We could have secured Finlayson for pick 65 last year.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 pm

I think we've won all our first quarters this year? This was the first loss.

Finlayson... yeah, hindsight. And clean ball movement with direct entries into the fw50. Crocker would have kicked 6 playing for GWS tonight.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:07 pm

inxs88 wrote:
We could have secured Finlayson for pick 65 last year.

Last year?

He was recruited at #85 in the 2014 draft. Think 17 other clubs made the mistake of overlooking him as well.

barrackers 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:17 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Cameron 196cm 96kg
Finlayson 196cm 93kg
Himmelberg 194cm 92kg

Appleby 187cm 86kg

Scharenberg 191cm 93kg
Goldsack 193cm 93kg
Madgen 192cm 98kg
Keane 194cm 92kg

All named in the VFL tomorrow. All have played more footy recently and all have shown better VFL form.

Plus Maynard 189cm 90kg played damn fine match on Darling (191cm 95kg) last week.

Last edited by barrackers on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: