Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Giants. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I think we've won all our first quarters this year? This was the first loss.

Finlayson... yeah, hindsight. And clean ball movement with direct entries into the fw50. Crocker would have kicked 6 playing for GWS tonight.

We haven’t won a first q in a month..
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 pm

inxs88 wrote:
We could have secured Finlayson for pick 65 last year.

Instead we got Roughead with pick #75?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Adz wrote:
We haven’t won a first q in a month..

We won the first quarter two weeks ago Shocked

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Cam wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
We could have secured Finlayson for pick 65 last year.

Instead we got Roughead with pick #75?

Geez, that was a mistake - NOT!!! Laughing
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm

GWS 19 Goals - Jaidyn Stephenson 0 goals
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 pm

I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of umpires have no idea how to adjudicate with a player as tall as Coxy. It's like that because he's so tall, they allow defenders to do everything at their disposal to counter-act his height - like blocking, holding etc. That shouldn't be permitted - if the defenders are too small, well tough titty, (just like our mis-matches today).
I wish the club would make some sort of complaint about the lack of usual support to Coxy from the umpires.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:29 pm

I swear to god, if he's kicking back in the Maldives instead of helping around the club, I'm going apeshit at the next open member forum.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:30 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of umpires have no idea how to adjudicate with a player as tall as Coxy. It's like that because he's so tall, they allow defenders to do everything at their disposal to counter-act his height - like blocking, holding etc. That shouldn't be permitted - if the defenders are too small, well tough titty, (just like our mis-matches today).
I wish the club would make some sort of complaint about the lack of usual support to Coxy from the umpires.

That's the problem, we have complained. Buckley spoke to the umps before the game in Perth last week. And it continues, so obviously they don't give a rats. It's painful watching opposition forwards get holding decisions, whilst Cox is continually blocked and held. Hell, I saw Treloar's jumper stretched multiple times at centre bounces.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
GWS 19 Goals - Jaidyn Stephenson 0 goals

Perhaps give it a rest???? Yes, we miss him, yeah it was a very regrettable situation. Yes, we'll be fortunate to finish in the eight without him, but what can be done about it? Zilch! Nada! Except to forget he's one of our players for now and try to make wiser selection choices and play with the good old Collingwood spirit...
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Wrong logic altogether PP!!! He wears a black and while jumper and will never get a fair deal.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:33 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I swear to god, if he's kicking back in the Maldives instead of helping around the club, I'm going apeshit at the next open member forum.

Should I start this year's member forum thread early?

You might also want to go ape about the injury problems at the club. Some of the stuff that was said about that at last year's forum was very strange.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

That's the problem, we have complained. Buckley spoke to the umps before the game in Perth last week. And it continues, so obviously they don't give a rats. It's painful watching opposition forwards get holding decisions, whilst Cox is continually blocked and held. Hell, I saw Treloar's jumper stretched multiple times at centre bounces.

I didn't know that Mr Miyagi. Bugar!!! So we just have to hope for an umpire who has the courage to make correct decisions!!! Crying or Very sad Damn!!
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:35 pm

We need to rebuild the list like Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn have done at times over the last 10-15 years.

Our core is Stephenson, DeGoey, Grundy, Treloar, Langdon, Scarenburg, Adams, Aish, Brown, Phillips, Roughhead, Crisp, Moore,WHE, IQ, Sier and Maynard.

Our senior citizens become Pendles, Beams, Mayne, Greenwood, Sidebottom and Howe.

Our second and third tier depth needs an over haul.

We have to say farewell to Wells, Goldsack, Dunn, Varcoe, Reid, Murray, Broomhead, Appleby and Magden.

Question marks over the worth or trade-ability of Elliott, Thomas, Murphy, Wills & Crocker. Either keep, trade or delist. Assuming not too much interest in most of them.

Cox is contracted but the last four weeks has shown him to be a liability, too many commercial appearance's and too often failing to show anything on the ground.

2019 is not over, however if we are smarter than we have been, a lot of second and third tier players need to be replaced with smart recruitment as we lack a first rounder in the draft.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:35 pm

K wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Should I start this year's member forum thread early?

Might be an idea K Wink
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:42 pm

ThAT WAS so bad... i feel sick... thankyou, and ,good evening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: