Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Giants. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading Grant Thomas's expose (and he didn't even spill half of it), and what I've been told, yeah... the AFL is absolutely manufacturing outcomes. They don't want us there in September. They want a Sydney and Queensland side there though, no doubt about it.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Courageous thinking Born to Pie. However (there's always that isn't there! Very Happy) would Collingwood supporters be patient enough to go back to the well, without demanding that certain heads should roll?

On days like today, I almost wish I supported a club where expectations weren't so high. Note I said almost! Being a Pies supporter is both a burden and a joy as we all know, but impossible to have it any other way!

We miss six or maybe seven of our best 22 tonight: Stephenson, Langdon, Scharenberg, Moore, Beams, Greenwood & Elliott.

Who goes out, probably Crocker, Appleby, Varcoe, Sier & Cox. But I can't play or coach at AFL level because I don't have the solution's.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Reading Grant Thomas's expose (and he didn't even spill half of it), and what I've been told, yeah... the AFL is absolutely manufacturing outcomes. They don't want us there in September. They want a Sydney and Queensland side there though, no doubt about it.

i totally agree, where can i read this expose? i been saying this for years!!

just in case anyone is not convinced, the bulldogs free kick count in 2016 was 250 plus in the black! ours in 2010 was around 20!

swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:24 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
swooper wrote:
They looked tired and flat. Hope I’m wrong but I think this year is shot...

This year, as in winning the premiership Swoop? Yep, you're probably right, but there's still some time to enjoy the abilities and talents of many of our wonderful players. Loved the high marks of Howie tonight. Loved the skills of Pendles kicking for goal, broken finger and all. Loved the "road running" action of little Callum Brown to kick two etc. Plenty of highlights to come Smile

Wish I had more of your positivity PP! Still annoyed we missed our chance last year ...who knows when we will get to a GF again?

I think I’m suffering from late onset PTSD from that loss...😫😊
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:25 pm

shawthing wrote:
If you thought we did it tough with the umps tonight, spare a thought for North. Brions with two frees in the goal square that weren't there in the final minute to win the game. They are second now. So we slip further. Obviously the AFL wants to have Brisbane and Sydney doing well (and since the Swans are no longer much good the Giants will do). As if the AFL doesn't manufacture outcomes. Rolling Eyes

I am inclined to agree with you shawthing. It sh*ts me to high heaven that teams are not treated evenly and fairly in the modern AFL competition. The scenario changed completely when the AFL decided to 'grow" the game with teams in Qld and Sydney. Including WA and SA - fair enough - they are fair dinkum AFL footy states, but the desire to overall the rugby states -just a power and ego trip for those individuals involved.
What can we do though, except accept it for what it is. Crying or Very sad
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:27 pm

swooper wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
swooper wrote:
They looked tired and flat. Hope I’m wrong but I think this year is shot...

This year, as in winning the premiership Swoop? Yep, you're probably right, but there's still some time to enjoy the abilities and talents of many of our wonderful players. Loved the high marks of Howie tonight. Loved the skills of Pendles kicking for goal, broken finger and all. Loved the "road running" action of little Callum Brown to kick two etc. Plenty of highlights to come Smile

Wish I had more of your positivity PP! Still annoyed we missed our chance last year ...who knows when we will get to a GF again?

I think I’m suffering from late onset PTSD from that loss...😫😊

Very, very understandable swooper!! It hurt like nothing before it has.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
shawthing wrote:
If you thought we did it tough with the umps tonight, spare a thought for North. Brions with two frees in the goal square that weren't there in the final minute to win the game. They are second now. So we slip further. Obviously the AFL wants to have Brisbane and Sydney doing well (and since the Swans are no longer much good the Giants will do). As if the AFL doesn't manufacture outcomes. Rolling Eyes

I am inclined to agree with you shawthing. It sh*ts me to high heaven that teams are not treated evenly and fairly in the modern AFL competition. The scenario changed completely when the AFL decided to 'grow" the game with teams in Qld and Sydney. Including WA and SA - fair enough - they are fair dinkum AFL footy states, but the desire to overall the rugby states -just a power and ego trip for those individuals involved.
What can we do though, except accept it for what it is. Crying or Very sad

And some of them want games in China. Laughing
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Garbage effort and performance coming off the back of such a stirring victory last week against the odds. Really makes you wonder about the mindset of this team sometimes. We go missing when the going gets tough and have way too many passengers that need to either pull their finger out or find another career. Can't believe how we just allow teams to bully us and get away with it. Norf did it and no doubt richmond will too, next week. That first quarter set up the win. The selections were pitiful but the team's response was pathetic. The eunuch from GOT has more balls than this lot. We shot our load too early.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:39 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Cameron 196cm 96kg
Finlayson 196cm 93kg
Himmelberg 194cm 92kg

Appleby 187cm 86kg

Asked to play outside his weight division and it was clearly a selection mistake by the coach.

Yep and they worked hard at preventing Roughead from impacting the contest with some effective blocking. That left all our other defenders undersized relative to their opponents with Appleby as the go to mismatch.
They isolated him and he had no support. He was poor but undersized defenders need a chop out. That didn’t happen.

One of the few positives was Quaynors game. Really like it when first year draftees lower their eyes and use the ball well. He’s tough, takes the game on and doesn’t panic. Going nicely.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:41 pm

shawthing wrote:
And some of them want games in China. Laughing

Yeah, absolutely ludicrous. Idiots!!
There's a ridiculous assumption the AFL holds that you have to be bigger to be better. Not so! With population growth and multi-cultural participation, there's plenty of dollars to sustain the game in the southern states.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Would like to know more about Grant Thomas spilling the beans. Any links you can give Mr Miyagi?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:01 am

What'sinaname wrote:
GWS 19 Goals - Jaidyn Stephenson 0 goals

As hard as this might seem right now, I guarantee he is doing it harder than you.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:03 am

Pies2016 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
GWS 19 Goals - Jaidyn Stephenson 0 goals

As hard as this might seem right now, I guarantee he is doing it harder than you.

Yep, well said, Pies 2016.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:12 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I swear to god, if he's kicking back in the Maldives instead of helping around the club, I'm going apeshit at the next open member forum.

Calm the farm.....wax on wax off.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:14 am

It's a shame that in these times, that sitting coaches can't say what they really think, for fear of losing their position. If Bucks was able to be totally honest, without any kick-back on hm, I reckon he would say that we stuffed it up with selection tonight, but of course, he was obliged to say something about "We weren't as clean inside as we'd like to be". Whatever that means!!!??? i didn't notice any more stuff ups inside than usual.

Oh sh*t, I'm beginning to be overcome by all the stage managing of our superlative game. Any chance we could just get back to playing it real and unadulterated?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: