Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Giants. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to watch the game...I just heard some of it. The suggestions that we screwed up at selection with Appleby etc maybe carry some weight, given that he was undersize for his opponent, and therefore Scharenberg might well have done better. But it seems, given the onslaught in the first quarter, that it was not a question of which defender or that. It was a question of being smashed in the midfield. And smashed by a second rate GWS squad, given that they had their best midfielders out. Scharenberg rather than Appleby would not I believe have altered a great deal in the final result. Our midfielders hold the key to our defence. When our midfield gets outworked, we lose, almost irrespective of who is in defence. We operate a team defence, which is fantastic when operating well (as against WC last week).The key question to ask is: how did our midfield get decimated in that first quarter?
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Just need to get rid of Sier and leave Crispin the middle and DeGoey. Get rid of Cox and put Howe up forward to at least contest at CHF and bring in Scharenburg and Goldsack in the backline until Langdon gets back.We just cannot continue to have an uncompetitive CHF.and let's face facts.When Miochek plays bad, he makes Cox look good on one of his bad days.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Sier wasn't a straight swap for Adams. Maybe the four outs had something to do with it?
If Greenwood wasn't so required down back I'd also suggest rotating him through the middle to do some smash and bash work. That's what he was recruited for, wasn't it?

Yep, I reckon Sier will be lucky if he's still in the team next Friday. Apart from his long goal, he did very little for us, and actually cost us, with his typical 'give it to a teammate who's got someone on him because I've only got a metre to spare' - for goodness sake, he just needs to take the responsibility for clearing the ball himself and not pass that responsibility to someone in a worse position.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 am

doriswilgus wrote:
...Oh and please no more Crocker and Appleby....

warburton lad wrote:
The jury is no longer out on Crocker and Appleby.

I thought Crocker did well from his limited opportunities - certainly a lot better than last week. He had a crack.

I feel Appleby is not ready just yet, and therefore not worth discarding (from our list) just yet - there is potential improvement in him, and he could still be valuable in a year or two.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:51 am

Out:Appleby
In:Scharenberg

Out:Mayne
In:Greenwood

Out:Varcoe
In:Noble

Out:Crocker
In:Elliott

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:14 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
How quickly we forget. Mihocek was best on ground last week against the vaunted eagles defence, whilst Cox kicked 3 notwithstanding dropping many marks.

Cox dropped some sitters today, whilst Mihocek was off and had a shocker. I'm not sure that the delivery to them today was the best or that they had space today to hVe an impact.

I haven't forgotten,ALSO, the 3 weeks before his solitary good game, which fed sadly into last nights horror show.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:18 am

tbaker wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Just need to get rid of Sier and leave Crispin the middle and DeGoey. Get rid of Cox and put Howe up forward to at least contest at CHF and bring in Scharenburg and Goldsack in the backline until Langdon gets back.We just cannot continue to have an uncompetitive CHF.and let's face facts.When Miochek plays bad, he makes Cox look good on one of his bad days.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Sier wasn't a straight swap for Adams. Maybe the four outs had something to do with it?
If Greenwood wasn't so required down back I'd also suggest rotating him through the middle to do some smash and bash work. That's what he was recruited for, wasn't it?

Yep, I reckon Sier will be lucky if he's still in the team next Friday. Apart from his long goal, he did very little for us, and actually cost us, with his typical 'give it to a teammate who's got someone on him because I've only got a metre to spare' - for goodness sake, he just needs to take the responsibility for clearing the ball himself and not pass that responsibility to someone in a worse position.

Spot on tbaker.I just cannot understand what he is trying to achieve? Get ball, handball to someone in the middle of a pack when I actually could have ran and carried and kicked it long or find a teammate up the ground.He isn't the only one though.It appears this is how we are coached by the looks of things.Even the skipper does it.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:21 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Reading Grant Thomas's expose (and he didn't even spill half of it), and what I've been told, yeah... the AFL is absolutely manufacturing outcomes. They don't want us there in September. They want a Sydney and Queensland side there though, no doubt about it.

I cannot agree more.Even the commentators were on board last night, in which they described it as "An ambush".Umpires were in it up to their filthy maggoty eyeballs.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:33 am

Another “day after” feeling of disappointment and the like

That aside as it’s not an unknown feeling where now for us

How to change the side that simply got humiliated is a task of some magnitude

Surely we cannot be that bad

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:51 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Reading Grant Thomas's expose (and he didn't even spill half of it), and what I've been told, yeah... the AFL is absolutely manufacturing outcomes. They don't want us there in September. They want a Sydney and Queensland side there though, no doubt about it.

Give it a rest. Umpires made no difference to our game at all. How can you say they don't want us there in September?

We were DOMINATED in the opening quarter by the better team. Umpires hadzero impact on the result.

If we turned up, we could still be 2nd on the ladder.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:53 am

Essendon’s run home:

@ Gold Coast
vs Port
vs Bulldogs
@ Dockers
@ Collingwood

Let’s just say, they’re probably going to finish 1-2 games ahead of us. That’s how good we’re travelling.

Bombers top-4 bound, Pies lucky to hold on to an away elimination final.

Players and coaches need to be held accountable for this shitshow.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:36 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Essendon’s run home:

@ Gold Coast
vs Port
vs Bulldogs
@ Dockers
@ Collingwood

Let’s just say, they’re probably going to finish 1-2 games ahead of us. That’s how good we’re travelling.

Bombers top-4 bound, Pies lucky to hold on to an away elimination final.

Players and coaches need to be held accountable for this shitshow.

But isn’t that what the AFL gifts you for being rubbish the year before ?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:18 am

We lost to North and Freo, and still have Gold Coast, Melb, Adelaide (didn’t make finals last year), and Ess (didn’t make finals last year) in our run home. We should win most, but won’t.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:19 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Give it a rest. Umpires made no difference to our game at all. How can you say they don't want us there in September?

We were DOMINATED in the opening quarter by the better team. Umpires hadzero impact on the result.

If we turned up, we could still be 2nd on the ladder.

I'm not denying GWS thrashed us in the first quarter and won the game, mate. But when you see Treloar's jumper stretched more than a few times at the centre bounces, Adams getting blocked from a run at the ball, blatant dropping the balls in tackles, you have to ask the question -- why are the umps not seeing that when we can? The blocks and shoves and arm chops on Cox all game. Blind Freddy can see them from the top of the stand. Look at the North game last night, they were absolutely robbed. The AFL wants Queensland and Sydney sides in September, not us -- they're a corporation, it's business, and they are bleeding money in the northern states. Dilbert McLachlan and his polo friends wake up drooling after wet dreams about a Brisbane vs GWS grand final. And our club won't speak up because the AFL has us by the short and curlies, they've got photos of Eddie or something -- it's why our players get scapegoated in the media and whacked with big suspensions, when other clubs's players are getting caught and kept quiet -- because the AFL is sending a message to us. THey're the mafia, and it's their version of putting a horse head in Eddie's bed.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 am

Cox was held more often than balloon at a kid's party. Umpires let it go.

But FFS COXY, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO GET BOTH ARMS IN THE AIR, THEY WANT YOU TO GRAPPLE BECAUSE THAT GIVES THE UMPIRES THE GREY AREA THEY NEED NOT TO PAY IT. EVERY #$%#$%# WEEK. LEARN TO USE YOUR TEXASS TO BUMP THEM AWAY. #$%#$% ME DEAD!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:51 am

Also, every time Adams was tackled and he tried the last minute scrounge kick away I had my heart in my mouth thinking "#$# look at the pressure on his groin." He keeps doing that, he will be out again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: