Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Giants. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
M. Gleason:

"Collingwood lost the game in the first quarter on Saturday, or perhaps earlier than that. Maybe they lost it on Thursday night. At selection the Giants went big and Collingwood went small. On Saturday big belted small.

The Giants loaded up with tall forwards and Collingwood had nothing to match them. ... The Giants played through poor Flynn Appleby’s opponent and within a quarter had a seven-goal lead. This time last year Tyson Goldsack came in and helped hold a backline together. Matt Scharenberg was dropped after the Hawthorn game this year after his forays back from another knee reconstruction.

It remained perplexing that neither Goldsack or Scharenberg were brought in for the Giants."

everyone has 20/20 in hindsight

Let's conveniently forget we beat them in the middle 2 Q's

It was not the undersized backline (although that didnt exactly help)- the biggest problem was the underperforming midfield in the first.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:34 am

Cam wrote:
matrix10 wrote:
Next week it doesnt get easier- Tigers will be breathing fire - wanting revenge for past two games.

We will belt the Tiggers. I'd be more worried about them if we had beaten the Giants by 50. How about we will come out breathing fire after copping it all week, the Mummy stuff will be on high rotation, and give it to those yellow and crap pretenders led by pretty boy Lynch, the 'lifetime Collingwood supporter'.

I hope you're right!!!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Cam wrote:
matrix10 wrote:
Next week it doesnt get easier- Tigers will be breathing fire - wanting revenge for past two games.

We will belt the Tiggers. I'd be more worried about them if we had beaten the Giants by 50. How about we will come out breathing fire after copping it all week, the Mummy stuff will be on high rotation, and give it to those yellow and crap pretenders led by pretty boy Lynch, the 'lifetime Collingwood supporter'.

I’m interested in where you think the goals will come from, cos our forwardline would be close to worst in the league right now.

Since the bye we have scored an average of 67 points (while conceding 84):

82 (W)
37 (L)
63 (L)
78 (W)
75 (L)

dollygray 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Oh dear. I thought our loss to North by 44 points was totally pathetic, and noted "shame, shame, shame" on my score sheet. That was followed by a 4 point loss to Hawthorn. Disappointing, but not tragic. Then we had that 2 point win over West Coast, and I thought the tables had turned. Not so. Last Saturday's thrashing by 47 points by GWS was another truly pathetic performance. Yet another shame game. How could we have allowed GWS to kick 8 goals to our 1 in that first quarter! Not looking good for us, fellow posters. A friend told me she saw a member of our cheer squad (won't name names as I can barely believe it) waving a banner calling for Buck's sacking. Did anyone else hear/see this so called incident? I cannot bag Bucks as I believe he has black and white blood running through his veins. But it would appear he is incapable of getting the best out of his players. What do you all think?
matrix10 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm

dollygray wrote:
Oh dear. I thought our loss to North by 44 points was totally pathetic, and noted "shame, shame, shame" on my score sheet. That was followed by a 4 point loss to Hawthorn. Disappointing, but not tragic. Then we had that 2 point win over West Coast, and I thought the tables had turned. Not so. Last Saturday's thrashing by 47 points by GWS was another truly pathetic performance. Yet another shame game. How could we have allowed GWS to kick 8 goals to our 1 in that first quarter! Not looking good for us, fellow posters. A friend told me she saw a member of our cheer squad (won't name names as I can barely believe it) waving a banner calling for Buck's sacking. Did anyone else hear/see this so called incident? I cannot bag Bucks as I believe he has black and white blood running through his veins. But it would appear he is incapable of getting the best out of his players. What do you all think?

definitely not capable of getting the best out of our players.

we need to make really hard decisions and get that bloke who took an injury riddled and make shift team to within a kick of the flag last year.

Forget his name?

T.Roll??
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 pm

dollygray wrote:
Oh dear. I thought our loss to North by 44 points was totally pathetic, and noted "shame, shame, shame" on my score sheet. That was followed by a 4 point loss to Hawthorn. Disappointing, but not tragic. Then we had that 2 point win over West Coast, and I thought the tables had turned. Not so. Last Saturday's thrashing by 47 points by GWS was another truly pathetic performance. Yet another shame game. ...

Aren't you being way too generous in your assessment? It was only a 1-point win.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 am
Post subject: loss to GiantsReply with quote

I have been reading that our midfield was to blame for that shocker of a first quarter and I agree that our defenders were completely out of their depth.
So WHO are we talking about in particular? Names please.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:28 pm
Post subject: Re: loss to GiantsReply with quote

orie wrote:
I have been reading that our midfield was to blame for that shocker of a first quarter and I agree that our defenders were completely out of their depth.

All of them, except Adams.

The worst culprit is Sier, our Panda bear. He is as soft as. Deserves to be dropped imo.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
orie wrote:

The worst culprit is Sier, our Panda bear. He is as soft as. Deserves to be dropped imo.

So will you bring in Broomhead or Wills then?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:54 pm

matrix10 wrote:
dollygray wrote:

definitely not capable of getting the best out of our players.

we need to make really hard decisions and get that bloke who took an injury riddled and make shift team to within a kick of the flag last year.

Forget his name?

T.Roll??

Within a kick, didn’t win it, then went and got Beams to make up for the midfield belting which has derailed the club for the next 3-5 years...

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:16 pm

3rd degree wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
orie wrote:

Right now, Wills easily.
Let Sier rack up 30 every week for a month and show the club how much he wants it like Wills does.
I’m not saying Wills is any better than Sier but I am saying one deserves a reprieve way more than the other. There was a recent thread about the Wills myth that happily pasted him.
The only reason there hasn’t been a similar thread about Sier is that those same “ proactive “ Wills posters don’t want to admit they got it wrong about Sier.
Potential and talent mean nothing without hard work.
On the other hand, let’s allow Wills to at least come into the seniors and hunt his own footy rather than tag a player or play decoy forward.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:18 am

orie wrote:

There was a patch of play in the 1st qtr that summed it up for us: in the middle of that onslaught by the giants, they were physically intimidating our midfield and getting away with everything with the umps turning a blind eye to it all. In one instance they tackled Sidebottom to the ground via arms around his neck, and still had his head in a chokehold when the umpire thought he should do the right thing and call for a ball-up...it happened several times that qtr and just showed what we were up against. And of course the giants were going to keep doing it whilst they had such free license from the umps. Not the total reason for our midfield capitulation but the (often illegal) physical intimidation was part of it.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:26 am

3rd degree wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
orie wrote:

Broomhead, experienced at AFL level and jsut coming good from a long term injury. Usually might want to let him consolidate in the V for a couple more but in these circ's I'd say should be brought in vs GC. One of best in V last game.

Wills was underwhelming when tiraled this year. Has had a few weeks to hopefully learn from the experince and last week one of BOG's in 2's. Again normally one decent game wouldn't be enough for promotion, but in current situation and esp lacking big hard mid's, prob should be picked this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: