Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dees. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Cam wrote:
One reason teams don't smash other teams by 100 pts much now is sports science. They ensure blokes are running within capacity and not red-lining. Same reason you don't get blokes bowling 40 overs from one end in a test match.

Win is a win is a win.

Brisbane say hi (today vs GCS).

And Essendon say goodbye on the back of a few injuries.
If we had as many to pick from as the Lions, the result today would have been very different.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:20 pm

bokka wrote:
WE all friendly with oppo players, it's nice. Great teams of recent decades have mostly been very unsociable in fact downright mean - Brisbane, Hawthorn, Sydney.

Sydney?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

And Essendon say goodbye on the back of a few injuries.
If we had as many to pick from as the Lions, the result today would have been very different.

Hell, that is one tragic scoreline when your season is on the line, and your opportunity to compete in finals hinges very much on the result.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 pm

I liked the way Magden made a couple of positive, attacking kicks into the corridor from defense. I've grown so used to seeing safe kicks out wide from defense that it was almost a surprise to see a backman being a bit attacking leaving the 50. He showed a little bit of run & carry too, instead of panicked handballs.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:54 pm

He proved me wrong and yes, this was great to see.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I will take that and move along, nothing to see here. I was very worried pre game, I heard Pert, Deeees CEO,say they r treating this like a Final, soon as I heard that, I was concerned. very. That we won handily I take it, last qtr was bit downer, few junk time goals by dees, but im happy, we beat a hated enemy with a lot of guys out, yes, take it and move on. Next.

That's exactly why they are a pathetic bunch. A final. Yeah, right.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 pm

Nathan Buckley seemed pretty satisfied that the team did as directed, i.e. got the points and experimented a little. It looked to me that when the cat caught the mouse and had played with it for two quarters the last was just going through the motions, getting off the ground and back to Holden Centre. The song was sung in a very matter of fact way.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:34 pm

Jezza wrote:
Crowd attendance of 31,903.

The lowest I can recall at the MCG for an all Victorian game involving Collingwood this century.

It hasn't gone unnoticed by M. Blake:

"Melbourne and Collingwood played to a two-thirds empty house and the standard was befitting..."

Ouch.

"It was the lowest crowd for a Melbourne-Collingwood game since the 25,000 attendance in 1992 when the teams played at the small Victoria Park venue."
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:39 am

Our leading goal kickers this season:

Goals (average)

DeGoey 34 (2.1)
Mihocek 32 (1.6)
Stephenson 21 (1.Cool
Cox 19 (1.4)

3 of 4 weren’t playing today. Food for thought.

rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:50 am

In a round were one team could only score one goal and another team conceded 21 goals , both with no more near the injuries we've got and we still had the luxury of experimenting . We really can't be too critical.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 am

Pie as a Kite wrote:
I liked the way Magden made a couple of positive, attacking kicks into the corridor from defense. I've grown so used to seeing safe kicks out wide from defense that it was almost a surprise to see a backman being a bit attacking leaving the 50. He showed a little bit of run & carry too, instead of panicked handballs.

Yes! He had a dare about him that so many of his similarly inexperienced teammates do not despite them being in less vulnerable positions on the ground (talking about Daicos, Sier, Wills, Brown during this year). Magden was a real positive, has definitely improved, and shows promise - the calls that he should never play another game for us were way too premature - the only way he's going to improve is to get more games into him (perhaps not at the business end of the season when we get our troops back, but definitely early next year). If he can keep it up this year then it gives us so much more options with us not as heavily reliant on Roughead who, however far he plays up the field, will take a good opponent with him, freeing up the likes of Mihocek.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:46 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Finishing 4th might mean playing an interstate final. 5th and in Melbourne.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this Mr Miyagi. For example, we wouldn't want to play Giants. Brisbane Lions or WCE away. Then again, we would have a double chance. Who knows? Just keep winning, I say Smile Don't care how we do it.

Why do so many think it may be more advantageous finishing 5th rather than 4th? If we finish 4th we are guaranteed a final in Melbourne; one which is at least 1 week deeper into the finals than if we finish 5th or 6th! It's a no-brainer.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:03 am

Woods wrote:
bokka wrote:
Yeah not sure what happened in last. Ran out of puff? Looked like melb flooded their backline and we didn't flood ours, giving them the advantage, so maybe it was tactical.

Anyway a learning experience and hopefully will keep building. Looking better but next week will give a better idea.

According to Buckley in the post-game press conference Grundy backed off in the last quarter when the game was already won. (Possibly Grundy giving the Collingwood paymasters a reminder of what might happen if he left).

I'll check out the presser, but if Grundy did ease off in the last that sounds like a very good idea to me, he's carrying a big load and don't want him breaking down. IF he eased off of his own accord you can bet he needed it.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:06 am

dalyc wrote:
bokka wrote:
WE all friendly with oppo players, it's nice. Great teams of recent decades have mostly been very unsociable in fact downright mean - Brisbane, Hawthorn, Sydney.

Sydney?
They were a tough team back when they were winning 'ships.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:12 am

tbaker wrote:
Pie as a Kite wrote:

Yes! He had a dare about him that so many of his similarly inexperienced teammates do not despite them being in less vulnerable positions on the ground (talking about Daicos, Sier, Wills, Brown during this year). Magden was a real positive, has definitely improved, and shows promise - the calls that he should never play another game for us were way too premature - the only way he's going to improve is to get more games into him (perhaps not at the business end of the season when we get our troops back, but definitely early next year). If he can keep it up this year then it gives us so much more options with us not as heavily reliant on Roughead who, however far he plays up the field, will take a good opponent with him, freeing up the likes of Mihocek.

Yeah that was probably the invisible value of roughead forward, Miho prob woudlnt' have got as many or had teh same freedom. Also created ground balls and our small forwards did pretty well. Elliot building match conditioning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: