Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dees. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
One reason teams don't smash other teams by 100 pts much now is sports science. They ensure blokes are running within capacity and not red-lining. Same reason you don't get blokes bowling 40 overs from one end in a test match.

Win is a win is a win.

Could it be we need more of this? maybe players pushed too hard is a factor in continual injury crisis.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:51 am

We definitely shut down in that last quarter when it was clearly over but we should've won by a lot more. The conditions weren't ideal and opposition were a disgrace to the game. They don't deserve to play home games at the mcg anymore. Just over 30K...pfft. I'd send their arses off to cranbourne were they belong.

We had a lot of tired and sore bodies by the end of the game. I saw Adams in the rooms limping and iced up (precaution I hope) so it's no surprise really. Most of our best players were on the bench by the end of the game and with another interstate trip coming up, it probably wasn't a bad idea.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Cam wrote:
One reason teams don't smash other teams by 100 pts much now is sports science. They ensure blokes are running within capacity and not red-lining. Same reason you don't get blokes bowling 40 overs from one end in a test match.

Win is a win is a win.

Exactly. A+ Cam for this post.

Ummm.....a case of bad timing fellas. Obviously the Bulldogs hadn't read this post before they smashed the Bumbers by over 100 points last night. Smile
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 pm

tbaker wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Finishing 4th might mean playing an interstate final. 5th and in Melbourne.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this Mr Miyagi. For example, we wouldn't want to play Giants. Brisbane Lions or WCE away. Then again, we would have a double chance. Who knows? Just keep winning, I say Smile Don't care how we do it.

Why do so many think it may be more advantageous finishing 5th rather than 4th? If we finish 4th we are guaranteed a final in Melbourne; one which is at least 1 week deeper into the finals than if we finish 5th or 6th! It's a no-brainer.

finishing 4th woudl be big, setting up huge game vs Geelong. IF we get an unexpected win there, suddenly will be close to flag fav's.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Cant complain about winning by 17 when there's teams getting fkn murdered over the weekend.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:37 pm

But we want to be the murderers. Twisted Evil
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Cam wrote:

Win is a win is a win.

Exactly. A+ Cam for this post.

Ummm.....a case of bad timing fellas. Obviously the Bulldogs hadn't read this post before they smashed the Bumbers by over 100 points last night. Smile

Yeah, but both the Dogs and the Lions eased off in the last quarters. Their opposition just laid down. My point is, it doesn't happen very often.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:27 pm

A vomit last quarter , but some good signs early. Crisp's goal was great and Trav's at the other end. Checkers was good and JT was much better. Sidey and Pendles were both great. Berg looked better this week.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:36 pm

I was just taking the piss Cam. Of course your main point was certainly correct - that massive blowouts are much rarer these days. However, it's not just due to the defensive tactics of coaches, but also a reflection of the draft system which has dramatically evened up the competition.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:21 pm

When was the last time we had a strong last quarter? Possibly when we bring manic tacking pressure we can't sustain it for 4 quarters? The problem is when we doin't bring the pressure, we are putrid.
In the after-match interview Checkers mentioned they were out on their feet in the last.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Yeah, that's the problem. If you need 100 tackles to win a game by 1 point (e.g. Pies, 2017), there's no way you can sustain that week in, week out. You need to be able to do things more easily and control the tempo of the game.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 am

Jezza wrote:
Relieved to win the game and secure our finals spot. Though, it has to be said it was a strange game in some ways.

Mihocek was the highlight of the day. Really stepped up in the second quarter when the game was demanding it. Loved his work around the contests and found the goals on multiple occasions. Always been a fan of him from when he debuted.

I don't think moving Roughead up forward worked. It was worth experimenting, but his best work is done down back.

Enjoyed the second and third quarters, but the first and last quarter were as poor as I've seen all season. Our run and dare from last year isn't present this year, and the players seem unwilling to take any sort of risks.

No matter how the season plays out, I think the coaching staff need to re-evaluate the game plan and consider the type of football we want to play in 2020 because we've played ugly football too often for my liking this year.

Very low crowd today. Even lower than last week's match against the Gold Coast. I suppose there were various factors for it, but it surprised me to see how empty the MCG was for an all-Victorian game involving Collingwood.

I

In fact nothing short of vile , the attendance

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 pm

3rd degree wrote:

Get used to it. This will be the new normal as people find better things to do with their money. For me its either go to some games during the year or get FOXTEL and potentially watch every game of every round. I can't justify a full membership and FOXTEL. And I'm even having second thoughts about bothering with pay TV now that there are other online options.

Would I rather spend $1,300 a year on footy or buy some more camera gear? I know what the easy answer to that question is.

And if there's a new GFC the AFL will really have to pull its belt in.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 am

shawthing wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Get used to it. This will be the new normal as people find better things to do with their money. For me its either go to some games during the year or get FOXTEL and potentially watch every game of every round. I can't justify a full membership and FOXTEL. And I'm even having second thoughts about bothering with pay TV now that there are other online options.

Would I rather spend $1,300 a year on footy or buy some more camera gear? I know what the easy answer to that question is.

And if there's a new GFC the AFL will really have to pull its belt in.

I am used to it there's more noise at the library some weeks.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:28 am

3rd degree wrote:
I am used to it there's more noise at the library some weeks.

Your library needs some of those AFL crowd-behaviour guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: