Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why Punter ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
I should have quit earlier but there was a leadership void: Ponting

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/i-should-have-quit-earlier-but-there-was-a-leadership-void-ponting-20200213-p540jg.html

[Just as well we have Tim Paine, or Ponting might be forced to come out of retirement. Wink ]

Interesting comments by Ponting.

2008 was certainly a transition period for the team, and I can understand his reasoning for extending his career.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:49 pm

And...

"Michael Clarke confirms breakfast radio gig in wake of divorce".
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:23 am

"The transformation of Langer as coach of the national men's side is one of the major themes of the eight-part documentary The Test: A New Era for Australia’s Team, to premiere on streaming service Amazon on Thursday.

Australia's inexperienced batsmen were dominated by India's pace attack and complained of being put on edge by Langer, who struggled to contain his emotions - a concession he makes during the documentary.

Minutes earlier, Langer had been told by captain Tim Paine he needed to be more positive, a message echoed by a nervous-looking Khawaja.

"We can't always control the result. You get better as individuals, players, staff, everyone, be in better control of that emotion, be more level-headed, without trying to make it too complicated," Khawaja said.

"I think that's what the boys are trying to say. Does that makes sense? If it doesn't then... "

Asked where the message was coming from by Langer, Khawaja said: "Um, I think the boys are intimidated by you, Alf. I think there's a bit of the walking on eggshells sort of thing. I feel like I think the boys are afraid to say it."

Langer, who appeared to be taken aback by the criticism, said a prevailing message he received from his players was he had done what he had urged them not to."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/walking-on-eggshells-doco-shows-test-players-concerns-with-langer-at-low-point-20200310-p548pc.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: