Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
88MPH 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
interesting how our membership benefits have been reduced year on year yet now the club really needs us!

Couldn't agree more. Particularly in light of the abhorrent and disgraceful manner in which the Club turfed it's Southern Stand Legends members out of their reserved seats at the end of 2019 without even a modicum of discussion or consultation. Unconscionable.

Oh and can we please stop the "I want Collingwood to survive" nonsense?

I fully understand and appreciate that the financial impact of the Coronavirus "nuclear bomb" is currently being felt by all clubs and the League as a whole, and most of us understand that it suits the current apocalyptic narrative to make everything sound like the end of the football world is nigh (after all, with no games being played and no players getting themselves in trouble off the field what else do bored media types and club administrators have to talk about?). But there is no way that after having endured two world wars, an international depression, several recessions and The New Magpies regime, that the Collingwood Football Club is in any danger of folding. It's just not going to happen.

The worst, repeat, the worst thing that may come out of all of this could be the need for the Club to borrow money to meet its ongoing financial commitments but so what? That might just be enough for the Club to realise that their members really are the lifeblood, the beating heart and the very soul of the Collingwood Football Club and that it's about time that they stopped merely paying lip service to that ideal.

understudy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:15 pm
Post subject: Re: Growing TiredReply with quote

Magpiefan3 wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
I agree the move from Victoria Park to the Holden Centre has been a disgrace for fans.

The glasshouse is for corporate events and run by some Melbourne socialite.

The club only opens the bar inside the centre on match days for a few hours, and that cafe outside next to the training ground is the same, and offers very little anyway.

We have nothing that you can go to, outside the footy season, or even visit outside of match days or after work.

I happy for the club to take my membership for this year, if it means they can stay afloat for 2021 and beyond.

However, Eddie the board are full of it, if they think they are offering us members and fans a great experience at the Holden centre.

Those points that you have mention I agree with you there.

Maybe you should mention these at the next members forum?

This has been raised a thousand times.

McGuires response, theres a million restaurants, cafes and bars in Melbourne if you want a drink, a meal and or a coffee piss off and go there.
understudy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Growing TiredReply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Hiss wrote:
I do see the corporate types enjoying magnificent amenities at each game and I am now told to donate my membership money to preserve most of these things! Really!

I'm sure you're not the only person complaining about member amenities but to suggest that Emirates ($20m pa), Holden ($3m), CGU ($2m) etc. aren't paying their own way clearly isn't true

We do have many smaller sponsors of course, packages start at $10,000 if you think that's a better deal than being a regular member you could always take one up

Hiss wrote:
Only when these changes are made or guaranteed, will I and others start considering donating money I don’t have...

How does that work exactly, donating money you don't have - are you going to take out a loan like Gil?

Do you think the sponsors would show up if all the members walked away.

Would there even be a club left.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:34 pm

As long as there are TV rights, there will be sponsors.

They don't pay the Club for the exposure to the members. They pay the Club for minutes on screens.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Exactly

There are in total 1 million members across all the clubs

The TV audience for the GF alone is over 2 million

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:46 am

Mark Anderson:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/magpies-counting-on-members-to-stay-viable-and-independent-20200409-p54ir9.html
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Sounds like it’s likely there will be no fans at games until 2021.

If so I wonder if clubs will rollover payments made this year for 2021?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:09 pm

88MPH wrote:
Quote:
interesting how our membership benefits have been reduced year on year yet now the club really needs us!

Couldn't agree more. Particularly in light of the abhorrent and disgraceful manner in which the Club turfed it's Southern Stand Legends members out of their reserved seats at the end of 2019 without even a modicum of discussion or consultation. Unconscionable.

Oh and can we please stop the "I want Collingwood to survive" nonsense?

I fully understand and appreciate that the financial impact of the Coronavirus "nuclear bomb" is currently being felt by all clubs and the League as a whole, and most of us understand that it suits the current apocalyptic narrative to make everything sound like the end of the football world is nigh (after all, with no games being played and no players getting themselves in trouble off the field what else do bored media types and club administrators have to talk about?). But there is no way that after having endured two world wars, an international depression, several recessions and The New Magpies regime, that the Collingwood Football Club is in any danger of folding. It's just not going to happen.

The worst, repeat, the worst thing that may come out of all of this could be the need for the Club to borrow money to meet its ongoing financial commitments but so what? That might just be enough for the Club to realise that their members really are the lifeblood, the beating heart and the very soul of the Collingwood Football Club and that it's about time that they stopped merely paying lip service to that ideal.

Exactly!!!

The Collingwood Football Club will survive. But whether it survives in its current bloated form is questionable. If the current playing group and administration are all stood down, the Collingwood Football Club will still exist and emerge in whatever form it needs to.

Every industry needs a massive shock every now and again to shock the system, to clear out the deadwood, and to re-focus on its core business.

AFL is learning this right now but wants so much to maintain the status quo.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

youd bloody well hope so! at least some of it, and by that i mean more than half of it!

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:59 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

rofl, cheers for the lolz
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

Why would they contemplate doing that?

That could cost them revenue from 80,000+ members and simply move the problem from this season to the next and produce a much larger financial hole.

Much better to refund any members who request it this year and keep the status quo for the majority prepared to treat it as a donation for the many years of enjoyment the club has provided outside of game day attendance.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 pm

So what's everyone going to do?

Has anyone here actually contacted the club yet?

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Presti35 wrote:

I was gonna say if people ask for a refund this year but have a reserved seat does that mean they would lose their seat?

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
88MPH 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 pm

^^^^
Don’t worry, reserved seats (and years of loyalty evidenced by those reserved seats) means nothing to this current administration.

Even after you pay your membership dues, they are quite happy to take your reserved seats away without warning or discussion.

It’s why I just about dry reach whenever I hear “we’re all in this together”.

Give me a freakin’ break.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:11 am

Presti35 wrote:

Yes, I said they can have my legends membership money and reserved Ponsford Stand level 2 money this year. I also understand if others need their money back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16   

Jump to: