Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? Why, why would any person with half a brain and access to advanced modern technology such as calendars go shopping on Holy Thursday FFS?

(Excluding your "work thing", TP.)

We do our one and only weekly shop on Thursdays (for no particular reason, it just happens to be the day we go shopping) but we looked at the calendar and brought that forward to Tuesday morning, about half-past eight. It was a breeze. No crowds, no queues, no worries.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am

This from InMarket mobile phone data supposedly shows distribution of supermarket visits:

https://i.insider.com/5e825b4392e1916b1e619deb

Are supermarkets still doing the restricted special hours? Answer: "Woolworths Community Hour is available for the following customers until Friday 17th April 2020: For the elderly and people with disability*: 7am to 8am Monday and Wednesday. Healthcare and Emergency Services workers: 7am to 8am Tuesday and Thursday."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:36 am

Tannin wrote:
WTF? Why, why would any person with half a brain and access to advanced modern technology such as calendars go shopping on Holy Thursday FFS?

(Excluding your "work thing", TP.)

We do our one and only weekly shop on Thursdays (for no particular reason, it just happens to be the day we go shopping) but we looked at the calendar and brought that forward to Tuesday morning, about half-past eight. It was a breeze. No crowds, no queues, no worries.

Yeah I totally agree - and too many had little kids with them. My grown kids have been to work only when they have to, and the eldest and her BF alternate weekends between houses (booty call rule!) me and junior walk the dogs from home and that’s it! I get shopping lists from everyone! We are down the beach this weekend, but apart from a walk we won’t leave the house. I’m about to learn grouting!

The memory card was for the workshop security cameras as the old one suddenly stopped working, and it’s easter, so yeah, it was important otherwise I would not have gone.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 am

K wrote:
This from InMarket mobile phone data supposedly shows distribution of supermarket visits:

https://i.insider.com/5e825b4392e1916b1e619deb

Are supermarkets still doing the restricted special hours? Answer: "Woolworths Community Hour is available for the following customers until Friday 17th April 2020: For the elderly and people with disability*: 7am to 8am Monday and Wednesday. Healthcare and Emergency Services workers: 7am to 8am Tuesday and Thursday."

Interesting, I’ll try to get there at 9 next time

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am

Yeah, I think after 9pm or before 9am midweek is best. Late afternoons are worst. And, TBH, I don't think I want to bump into healthcare workers still in there from their special hour Tue. & Thu. Surely they are more likely to have COVID-19! Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:07 am

Good point!
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:06 am

Why Coronavirus Cases Have Spiked in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/09/world/asia/coronavirus-hong-kong-singapore-taiwan.html

"Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan — once heralded for early successes in battling the pandemic — are now confronting a new wave of coronavirus cases, largely fueled by infections coming from elsewhere. Singapore is also seeing a rise in local transmissions, with more than 400 new cases in the past week that have been linked to migrant worker dormitories.

None of these places had a single day with more than 10 new cases until March, even as the coronavirus spread around the world.

That changed in the past two weeks...

Students or expatriates returning from Europe or the United States account for a large share of the imported cases. At least 191 of the confirmed cases in Hong Kong, for example, were among students who had returned from studying abroad in Britain."
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:52 am

52:A a man in his 80s has died in hospital in Victoria.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Went shopping last night to do the weekly shop, there were 5 people in the store. In, self checkout and out with a squirt of hand sanitizer provided at the door. Easy.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:05 pm

I did the weekly booze shop yesterday, no issues. Ducked into Woolies for some Shrooms and bits n pieces, in and out 10 minutes.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I did the weekly booze shop yesterday, no issues. Ducked into Woolies for some Shrooms and bits n pieces, in and out 10 minutes.

I was going to buy some booze but liquorland closed at 8pm, took me by surprise. Guess it's beers tonight instead of a Tennessee whiskey. Laughing
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 pm

The Doherty Institute modelling the AU government used:

https://www.doherty.edu.au/uploads/content_doc/McVernon_Modelling_COVID-19_07Apr1_with_appendix.pdf

Table 1: COVID-19 model transmission parameter assumptions

Parameter || Estimate/assumption || Justification

Fundamental assumptions

Doubling time | 6.4 days | Estimated from early case growth in Wuhan (20)
Incubation period | 5.2 days | Based on (21), (22)

Derived assumptions

R0 | 2.53 | Based on latent and infectious periods, with doubling time 6.4 days.
Latent period (noninfectious) | 3.2 days | Assumes 2 days of pre-symptomatic transmission prior to completion of incubation period, based on contribution estimated in (23), (24)
Infectious period | 9.68 days | Estimated, relates to doubling time and incubation period
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 pm

To get a handle on the staggering incompetence and tragedy that is the United States, just counting the infections they know about (which isn't many compared to the unknowns) they had 31,935 new infections yesterday. That is five times as many new cases in one day as Australia has all cases put together from day one to now.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
52:A person of presently unannounced age and gender has died in Victoria.

Male in his 80's

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Tannin wrote:
To get a handle on the staggering incompetence and tragedy that is the United States, just counting the infections they know about (which isn't many compared to the unknowns) they had 31,935 new infections yesterday. ...

Well, for the UK and US, the test numbers alone (that I looked at on the last page) are disgraceful.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 109 of 252   

Jump to: