Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The sunset in Melbourne tonight was magnificent. Collected autumn leaves in neighbouring streets for the compost with Mrs WPT tonight then collected empty cardboard boxes for her business from outside a local pharmacy (we do the latter regularly and the former a couple of times in Autumn).
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:30 pm

COVID negative bruised and battered mother now happily home in her own chair and then her own bed with nice fresh sheets!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 pm

^

Noice work there.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Morrigu wrote:
COVID negative bruised and battered mother now happily home in her own chair and then her own bed with nice fresh sheets!

Great to hear M. 👍👍👍

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Great news.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Got my flu shot today, all very efficient.

I'd put Mum on the wait list a month ago, she gets the old campaigner shot, got a call Monday to book her in, took the opportunity to get myself in at the same time.

9am appointments aren't great for someone who normally gets out of bed at 9:30 am at hits the shower around 11, but she was up at 8am, showered and dressed and ready to leave at 8:45. We were home by 9:15, very efficient little system they had running with a concierge managing arrivals and directing traffic to ensure distancing.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Powderfinger live tonight - well live on the Interwebby thing - still got it absolutely brilliant loved it!!!!!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Went up to Toc for the weekend.

Interesting to see how the town has reacted to the relaxed restrictions.

Play equipment in parks is longer locked up
Cafes have put the tables back and are open, with social distancing
The pubs are still shut, 3 out of 4 doing takeaway. See if they open up when the restrictions go to the next level or if they just go Far Kit and stay shut. They do bugger all business over winter, the Christmas to Easter period is the big chunk of the years takings, they may just stay shut until they can re-open fully.

Had the plumbers around Friday, pre booked, to unblock the sewer line. Ladies, don't flush tampons. 3 P's go down the dunny, Pee, Poo and Paper (of the toilet variety), not wipes or any sanitary things like tampons and pads.

Fkn cold nights but beautiful sunny (but cold) days. Spent yesterday in the garden with a singlet and chopped flannie and got a sweat up while people coming home from shopping are wearing snow suits.

Mowed, whippersnipped, planted some trees/shrubs, dragged the 10 foot steps in replaced the fluorescent tubes and the starters in the bath - room, did some plastering crack repair and a few other bits, basically active from sun up to sun down including a 3.5km walk each morning before breakfast.

Called in to see the son and grandson on way home, daughter was there as well, was not prepared after 8 weeks and a 2.5 hour drive for the sheer exuberance of a 4 year old. Bit of lunch, some chat and playing cars I had to bail before my head exploded from over stimulation. Very impressed at how his new GF keeps a very neat and clean house with 3 kids under 5.

Gotta buy him a bike this week, kid is a monster, tall broad and strong. I'll tie a bungy cord to him, get on a skate board and say "Mush"

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:52 pm

^ 4 already - where does time go!

Very rewarding getting stuff done isn’t it. I did heaps of cooking for mum and hubby did some stuff around her place including installing a hand held thingy in her shower. I have to take her sutures out tomorrow so I’ll be glad of it - have to get the glue off before I can get to the sutures!

With some rain having finally arrived have you noticed less dead skippys on the road Stui?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:18 pm

^

Yeah, since the weather changed in January, there's been a lot less dead roos on the highway. Not only is there green pretty much everywhere, there's standing water.

2 weeks ago they must have let go a big burst from the Hume Dam to flush the Murray. It was high. several metres below flood level but beaches vanished high. This weekend, beaches were back plus more. 2M drop in 2 weeks to my eye.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 am

Went for the usual 5.5km walk with my neighbour last night. So much better in winter than summer. Started off pretty rugged up, by the end trackie top was undone & was wishing I'd left the camisole off. Walking past cars already beginning to frost up and we were roasting. Not nearly as roasting as when I went back inside & my warm & toasty fire was still going - omg it was hot in there!! Wonder if the bowl of ice cream undid the benefit of walking Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:58 pm

I've been at the old girl for a while to think about getting a Mobility scooter.

With the arthritis in the hips she's very limited in her walking range. I can drive her to a shopping centre but she's buggered walking around, plus she is so slow she's almost moomwalking and watches her feet rather than where she's going so doesn't see anything.

She always argues that she wants to keep her car because that's her independence. Yeah right, an independence that takes her 500m from the house (self imposed) and doesn't help her in a park, going for a stroll in the sun or anything.

So, after a solid sell job, I took her to a joint in reservoir today to check out what they call "Portable" mobility scooters. Ones you can fold up or pull apart, chuck in the boot of a car, and use them once you get there.

Woman was really chatty, the old girl tried a couple out and of course liked the biggest one.

So we rented one for a week to let her try it out and me see what kind of access problems I'm going to have. The access issues will be a PITA but manageable. The bigger one is the compromise, she can drive it down the street to the shops and back as well as in shops so it replaces her car without having that discussion.

Got it home and checked out the access issues, after lunch took her to Norfland and turned her loose. She had a ball. Instead of being jittery about people bumping into her and knocking her over she had people getting out of her road. An old lady with a walking stick is a speedhump but one fanging round in a battery car is something to dodge and she loved the difference.

This thing can pull apart into about 5 pieces so that one person can disassemble and pack it. I quickly figured out that to get it in the ute, all I needed to do was removed the seat and collapse the steering column. Lift the front onto the tailgate is a one hand job, as is lifting the back up and sliding her in.

Reckon we got a sale here. In fact, sure of it.

This is the place and the unit.

https://www.mobilityscootersforhire.com.au/goanna.php

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Cool!
My dad wants his electric wheel chair at the nursing home, I’ve set up an occupational health test for him next week but I made it very clear to the nursing home it’s a bad idea. He has a hair trigger and a mile wide nasty streak. I got phone calls from the headmaster when mum chucked her coffee at another inmate, and threw a contraband lit ciggie (apple turns ciggie into coffin!!!) into the gas bottle room so a nurse wouldn’t see her smoking inside, and one time she asked me to take her to see another lady and then launched herself out of her wheel chair at the poor thing! My kids were never this much hassle!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:39 pm

Took the old girl out today, drove over to the daughters house in Glen Waverly for lunch.

The girls had the dining table set up, spaghetti alfredo for lunch, glass of wine, followed by lemon meringue pie. They've got the house looking nice and they've also been working in the garden. Daughters partner is now a probationary constable, only a little more time in the Police Academy doing some practical stuff and she's off to a station. Really good to see her so happy.

Been a busy weekend.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:35 pm

^ good day by the sound of it! Hope she gets a good supportive station!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 865 of 866   

Jump to: