Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

90 nice wrote:
Also am I correct our club doctor has had to stand down due to unethical work practices it’s a temporary stand down.

If it read as "Essendon's doctor.." then you would look twice...

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Then it would be "another Essendon club doctor"...

Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Thu May 28, 2020 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm

piedys wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Also am I correct our club doctor has had to stand down due to unethical work practices it’s a temporary stand down.

If it read as "Essendon's doctor.." then you would look twice...

Thanks for 'injecting' some humour Twisted Evil Razz

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm

Folks look I don think we will make the gf or even the pf this year. We will make finals but probably lose in the first week. Look im not confident on our list still and we always to be injury prone. At seasons end we need a clean out in this area. We need to retire players who are need of asap retirement and we need to get back first round picks.
Next year is more likely 2021 not this year we are not well placed currently.
I feel we need a clean out and a new coaching panel too.
Come November or Feb 2021 I would like to see Collingwood have a peoples idea and question and answer forum. Not just confined to the members either anyone who follows Collingwood.
The club needs to listen a lot more and take on better ideas.
You can mark my words too we will not win the flag this year.
2021 if we are smart then yes.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:11 pm

You are fully entitled to your views and I respect that. With players, if we can have like for like new players (who are not injury prone) and maybe a couple of guns, that would be sensational. However I have always been extremely reluctant to request coach changes without knowing which coaches are available. Sometimes change for change sake can lead to the cure being worse than the sickness. It has to be a real thorough selection process after a thorough assessment and analysis like they had recently. No easy answers.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 pm

90 nice wrote:
Come November or Feb 2021 I would like to see Collingwood have a peoples idea and question and answer forum. Not just confined to the members either anyone who follows Collingwood.

We were born with two ears and one mouth so as to be able to listen twice as much as we speak. Idea

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:11 am

90 nice wrote:
Folks look I don think we will make the gf or even the pf this year. We will make finals but probably lose in the first week. Look im not confident on our list still and we always to be injury prone. At seasons end we need a clean out in this area. We need to retire players who are need of asap retirement and we need to get back first round picks.
Next year is more likely 2021 not this year we are not well placed currently.
I feel we need a clean out and a new coaching panel too.
You can mark my words too we will not win the flag this year.
2021 if we are smart then yes.

This is one of the most pessimistic statements i have ever seen. I think on the contrary that 2020 is very likely to be our year. I think the shorter quarters will absolutely favour us . We saw that against the WB. We are fast starters. This attribute is hugely maginified in shorter quarters. Our energy and ferocity on the ball at the start will be huge with 16 minute quarters.
I also think that we have more depth than last year, and the strength of our list is unquestionable, given the performances we have produced over the last 2 years, despite massive injuries. I think that we are in contention for the flag in 2020 more than ever before.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:14 am

Theres only 3 players that both tick the elite and reliable injury free boxes at Collingwood they are:
Pendles
Grundy and possibly
Sidebottom

the rest just tick one of those boxes ive compared this with the likes of Richmond and to some degree West Coast they have around at least 8 players in this catergory.

Also my tip for the grand final this year is Richmond v West Coast and Richmond to win by 23 points. Close 3 quarters but Richmond pull away in the last quarter.

Collingwood will make finals but will only make it to week 2 so semi final probably play GWS and lose by 10 points at MCG.
best to plan for 2021 IMO.
And get rid of the dead wood on our list eg Reid Varcoe Dunn etc....
Richmond West Coast and GWS are the flag contenders they have a healthy list and no dead wood.
I do hope im proved wrong but I do not miss the stress and angst of the footy this year. I may feel im missing it come Feb next year sort of bring it on but not this year. 2020 is a joke and will always be the covid year of lockdowns.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:04 am

Collingwood will win flag these next 2-3 years though I feel we are in the window.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:39 pm

90 nice wrote:
Collingwood will win flag these next 2-3 years though I feel we are in the window.

Maybe “hope” to win the flag is far more realistic in light of our shocking record in grand finals🥺 I will never be certain of a grand final win ever again. All it does is to set me up for failure😢 Sick to death of it and the last gf was the pits for me. Can’t deal with gf losses anymore after experiencing 10 in my life.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Spoke briefly to both David King and a couple of Fox Footy "experts" yesterday at my local pub in Richmond.
The bottom line is Richmond and West Coast have won the premiership cup/s and they don't rate Collingwood as they have not won the cup.
Richmond are premiers and Collingwood aren't.
A lot of teams are in the same position apart from West coast.
Richmond 1 West coast 2 and everyones playing for third its that simple.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:48 pm

Sorry folks just had to squeeze another post in regarding our carlton and Essendon matches. the carlton one will involve a ceremony 1970 premiership and the Essendon match the AFL has declined our 1990 celebration but have allowed Essendon to celebrate their 2000 premiership win.When we play Essendon. Unbeliveable.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:39 pm

90 nice wrote:
Spoke briefly to both David King and a couple of Fox Footy "experts" yesterday at my local pub in Richmond.
The bottom line is Richmond and West Coast have won the premiership cup/s and they don't rate Collingwood as they have not won the cup.

I find these type of diatribe stupid from King and his loony tunes comrades from Fox. They are the masters of total crap and provide my comedy and laughter. They excell in utter nonsense. Go back and listen to what they say before a game and compare the result. It is hilarious. never an apology for getting it totally wrong!! No intengrity or guts.

IMO, Richmond are rightly rated high by winning the GF last year by a landslide margin.
In 2018 Wet Toast scraped in by 5 lousy points and due to a so and so umpire who couldn't pick a blatant free kick for Collingwood that an under 9's umpire would have had no hesitating in picking. To me based on evidence and facts, I put Richmond as clear favourite to win the flag this year and a few others including Wet Toast and Collingwood in the following pack. I reckon this gap is not as great as the horrible uncouth hack media make it out to be. They have long graduated to picking teams that lose.
Collingwood has a good to great chance of winning but are very far from being rated certain or inevitable.
As usual the main curse will obviously be the 15-20 injuries we get during the season. I'm a Christian but have long felt that my prayers are never ever answered due to the apparent fact that the powers that be upstairs don't barrack for the pies and even satan hates us with a passion. When you add that most of the other fans, the AFL, the media and even some umpires hate us, what chance do we have? Buckley's and none. personally i thrive on following a team that is hated but i worry for the younger fans who might not have the balls to deal with this.
I have dealt with this issure many times and some old timers might have read my logical and rational hypothesis based on diversonary thinking intruding into the minds of the umpires when they are under extreme pressure and have to make instant decisions, half of which are best guess senarios, That is how mere humans operate under the fight/freeze/flight responses of stress managemnt in extremely stressful situations.

How many posters remember this but one or two of the crumpet headed GF umpires actually admitted to making 2 or 3 mistakes that affected the result, all affecting collingwood in the last 3 minutes if the GF. Whoopy bloody do
Mad Evil or Very Mad great frigging comfort Rolling Eyes Its a joke sponsored by the AFL. Being retired now, I shall be investigation this shit intensively now that i have time after retirement and i have colleagues with years of experience with the VFL, AFL and the Police. I hope they take up lightly because that will be help when the first shot is fired across their bows.
This Covid break has been a Godsend to get people and time to plan for the betterment of the league. It will NOT be a coup or takeover crap but a genuine effort to work within the AFL for its betterment, It is best to work for change with people than for people. Exciting times for devoted supporters who genuinely love their club and the sport. Mad Evil or Very Mad

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
I think the shorter quarters will absolutely favour us . We saw that against the WB. We are fast starters. This attribute is hugely maginified in shorter quarters. Our energy and ferocity on the ball at the start will be huge with 16 minute quarters.

Totally agree with this comment MTTM. I noticed in recent previous seasons, with the standard length quarters, that we often gave up goals in red time too.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:26 am

Lazza wrote:
90 nice wrote:

I find these type of diatribe stupid from King and his loony tunes comrades from Fox. They are the masters of total crap and provide my comedy and laughter. They excell in utter nonsense. Go back and listen to what they say before a game and compare the result. It is hilarious. never an apology for getting it totally wrong!! No intengrity or guts.

IMO, Richmond are rightly rated high by winning the GF last year by a landslide margin.
In 2018 Wet Toast scraped in by 5 lousy points and due to a so and so umpire who couldn't pick a blatant free kick for Collingwood that an under 9's umpire would have had no hesitating in picking. To me based on evidence and facts, I put Richmond as clear favourite to win the flag this year and a few others including Wet Toast and Collingwood in the following pack. I reckon this gap is not as great as the horrible uncouth hack media make it out to be. They have long graduated to picking teams that lose.
Collingwood has a good to great chance of winning but are very far from being rated certain or inevitable.
As usual the main curse will obviously be the 15-20 injuries we get during the season. I'm a Christian but have long felt that my prayers are never ever answered due to the apparent fact that the powers that be upstairs don't barrack for the pies and even satan hates us with a passion. When you add that most of the other fans, the AFL, the media and even some umpires hate us, what chance do we have? Buckley's and none. personally i thrive on following a team that is hated but i worry for the younger fans who might not have the balls to deal with this.
I have dealt with this issure many times and some old timers might have read my logical and rational hypothesis based on diversonary thinking intruding into the minds of the umpires when they are under extreme pressure and have to make instant decisions, half of which are best guess senarios, That is how mere humans operate under the fight/freeze/flight responses of stress managemnt in extremely stressful situations.

How many posters remember this but one or two of the crumpet headed GF umpires actually admitted to making 2 or 3 mistakes that affected the result, all affecting collingwood in the last 3 minutes if the GF. Whoopy bloody do
Mad Evil or Very Mad great frigging comfort Rolling Eyes Its a joke sponsored by the AFL. Being retired now, I shall be investigation this shit intensively now that i have time after retirement and i have colleagues with years of experience with the VFL, AFL and the Police. I hope they take up lightly because that will be help when the first shot is fired across their bows.
This Covid break has been a Godsend to get people and time to plan for the betterment of the league. It will NOT be a coup or takeover crap but a genuine effort to work within the AFL for its betterment, It is best to work for change with people than for people. Exciting times for devoted supporters who genuinely love their club and the sport. Mad Evil or Very Mad

Good rant Bro Laz! Fire up - go Pies!! Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 45 of 60   

Jump to: