Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FBI can Access your Data/Internet History without a Warrant

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5150 wrote:
Pretty much, my activities are fine (according to me!) and legal, I can’t see my front door kicked in while surfing the Net naked with a whopper in one and a a whopper in the other.

And this is where you and I are different people....

If I get my front door kicked in while surfing the Net naked, it will be with a big mac in one hand and a junior burger in the other, don't ask me how that works, particularly during the colder months... Confused

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:25 pm

K wrote:
What about ASIO, etc., here? What powers do they have?

The power to access your Internet, and all your phone calls, and all of your location data, all without a warrant.

K 

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:59 pm

Really??
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Tannin wrote:
K wrote:

The power to access your Internet, and all your phone calls, and all of your location data, all without a warrant.

so a wife??

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:01 pm

A little more like having hundreds of thousands of wives. Daunting for anyone, I’d have thought.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:48 pm

K wrote:
Really??

Yes.

Read the legislation if you doubt it. It's all there, and it was all well-publicised at the time it was introduced. Well, extended. Abbot was the Prime Farkwit; George Brandis was the Attorney-General and he famously didn't even know what metadata friggin was, never mind what sort of civil liberties atrocities he was enabling.

They pretended that it didn't amount to anything of consequence, "only metadata, we are not snooping on you". They lied. Barefaced lies. (Except for Brandis, who didn't understand what it was in the first place and thus didn't have to lie about it.)

Scott Ludlam (Greens) and David Leyonhjelm (serial dorkhead elected by a fluke and representing no-one) were the only two with the brains and guts to stand up and call the legislation out for what it was. Ludlam surprised no-one (he always was one of the very very best) but that idiot Leyonhjelm for almost the one and only time spoke the truth and covered himself with glory. All to no effect, of course. Labor spinelessly waved it through.

Make no mistake, the metadata they record includes everything you do. It gives away where you were, who you were with, who you called and how long you talked for, who called you, what time you got home, who you sent emails to and who you got them from, what you watched on Netfix, and the exact details of every website you visited.

And all of this private information can be - and is - accessed every day by any of thousands of different people, some of them in ridiculously unimportant or obscure positions, and none of it requiring a warrant. There are so many agencies with no-warrant access to your data that the Home Affairs Department admits it can't even provide a complete list of them.

For more detail than you can possibly absorb in any reasonable amount of time, start with this address: https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+agencies+able+to+access+metadata Note that your search term will be recorded and may be used against you.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm

think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:
K wrote:

so a wife??

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:19 am

Isn't the marriage certificate a warrant? Or does it start before that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: