Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies done by Eagles. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
This hub bullshit is disadvantaged the VIC teams, it's fkn pointless, the season is shot!
How can we (as a VIC Club) compete & beat these interstate teams at their grounds week in week out...

It’s not just that. It’s not having our own facilities and recovery tools to get the team fit every week. And now on a 4 games in 13 days bullshit program, without our facilities to get us up for each game? It’s a joke. We finally get the ‘easy’ games, yet have to play in three states in 10 days with a mounting injury toll, and sub standard recovery facilities to boot. Joke. I still can’t fathom how we got shafted with that Adelaide game in the middle. Makes ZERO sense. And for us to simply take it without a complaint? Farcical, pea hearted rubbish from our end.

Totally agree

This x 100.

Exactly what my better half was saying.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
That was a shattering performance. We just weren't up for the fight. Certainly it was always going to be hard, without Sidey and Pendles in the midfield, and their midfield is actually pretty powerful. But we looked psychologically smashed after the first quarter. When WC applied the heat, we had nothing. I think we can clearly see the impact of players being separated from their families, in a strange and restrictive environment, taking a toll.
While it was hard to see how we could get over them with so much quality out, especially from our midfield, I agree with those who have noted that this game was not an indication of our players' ability nor courage. The real indication will be seen over the next few weeks. How will we respond?
WCE could kick goals from anywhere, in any direction. They don't usually have that level of skill. They had an aberration game, and it combined with our aberration game, to produce a scoreboard catastrophe. Our guys will need to reset mentally.
Positives: Sidey is back next week, hopefully Pendles is as well, and has avoided a major season ending injury, Cameron played well, IQ played well.
Negatives: JDG and Howe gone for the entire year; need some bigger bodies in there to provide more physicality through the middle.

Agree with all that, yes, It one of those weird yrs, the covid virus season, whacky results, like who would have tipped the saints to smash Port adelaide on their home ground,really ?? Just one strange season, and maybe the hub is harder on Vic teams, i dunno, whose too say its not ? Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:36 pm

WC have been pretty lame up to now but trust us to play them into form and make them look like contenders. That was a disgraceful performance today and I don't care who was missing. You've still gotta have a crack. We lacked a physical presence in the midfield and when Pendles was a late out, we went with Atu - a kid with only a couple of games experience. Surely someone like Sier would've been a better option who was also listed as an emergency.

We simply put the cue in the rack after quarter time with Bucks showing the world once again that he has no plan B and cannot coach against more physical opponents. Chip chip turnover, chip chip turnover was the order of the day with too much handball. The handball happy gameplan might look good when you're winning but it didn't work today.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:40 pm

is this what we will look like when Pendles retires ? Sad
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

When it is all said and done our midfield, the engine room performed like a 2-stroke lawnmower is a drag race. Due to injuries, suspensions etc meant that Treloar was our number one and he just isn't an A-grader. The mids were bullied and probably tormented mentally over the 2018 GF I would hazard a guess. The mental scars of Dom Shead still linger and Nic Nat is the only ruckman in the comp who can intimidate Grundy. This is why we lost.

The clean ball they allowed their Eagles counterparts to kick inside our D50 placed our back 6 under too much pressure and they cracked wide open. They pulled our defense out of position many times. It was a loss forged at selection table, reinforced in the injury room and finished off inside their heads psychiatrically.

MONCO: Your life.
Dave The Man Scorpio

What'sinaname wrote:
Worst loss since Rd 23 2011 against the Cats.

The biggest worry is that we are can't match GWS now WCE. The only way we pinch a flag is if these two teams are bundled out of the finals.

The fast start and fade out is the biggest concern. It's become predictable.

We are not good enough to win a Flag or even Top 4 and maybe even might miss the Finals

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Haven't seen Bucks' presser. What did he say? Disapponted with the effort? Nutted at the clearances?
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Soudie wrote:
Over all we never play well against physical sides. Too much to say about too many.

That's an interesting point. I remember when North and GWS beat us last year when they brought the 'steel chairs' and made us look soft.

We really need to bring the physicality next week to make up for today's effort.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
When it is all said and done our midfield, the engine room performed like a 2-stroke lawnmower is a drag race. Due to injuries, suspensions etc meant that Treloar was our number one and he just isn't an A-grader. The mids were bullied and probably tormented mentally over the 2018 GF I would hazard a guess. The mental scars of Dom Shead still linger and Nic Nat is the only ruckman in the comp who can intimidate Grundy. This is why we lost.

The clean ball they allowed their Eagles counterparts to kick inside our D50 placed our back 6 under too much pressure and they cracked wide open. They pulled our defense out of position many times. It was a loss forged at selection table, reinforced in the injury room and finished off inside their heads psychiatrically.

Grundy is susceptible to a high leaping ruckman. For whatever reason, he's lost his ability to leap and his timing is pretty awful too this year. I recall him going hit early round 2 and I wonder if that is the reason.

No Pendles and Sidey...it's a worry as these guys are in the twilight of their careers.

The worst thing about the loss was that the team just gave up. I know we have this compressed schedule, and maybe giving up will be the norm over the next few weeks....but no other team this round has just given up...maybe Port, but that was probably half way through the 4th, not half way through the 2nd quarter.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
We are not good enough to win a Flag or even Top 4 and maybe even might miss the Finals

Dave, there is no good team in the AFL. There hasn't been since the start of 2016. So a bad team will win the flag in 2020.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 pm

After 2020 we really need to re build i feel was a good 2018. back to the bs in 2019 and now 2020 nothing going right either.
The kids are going to take 3-4 years.
Would not surprise me the pies miss the 8 this year finish say 11th/12th ala 2013-2017.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Look that was just too bad to be true,As someone said in the game day thread,just forget about the match and put it in the bin.The team virtually gave up after half time,and West Coast could do no wrong,they were literally kicking them from everywhere.It was just one of those days.But changes do have to be made.We’re carrying too many non performers,like Wills,Brown,Thomas and Noble for example.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:55 pm

K wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
Last games for Wills, JT, Noble.

I thought Noble did quite well.

JT, not so much...

Thought he got a bit of it in the last when game was all over.

When it was there to be won, he was not upto it in my opinion.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Too much political correctness and nice feely touchy karma at collingwood.
NOT ENOUGH MONGREL!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 pm

The chocolate supporters are out in force, melting at the first sign of adversity. Adding no insight other than criticism.
Never change.

WCE very well drilled, hard at the contest.
Pies, well that was inept. I reckon the players only realised Pendles was out after the 1st qtr...Not enough players wanting to put their head over the ball or shoulder into the contest.
Did Pendles spend any time on the bench pr was he in the box? We really lacked leadership.

Cons
Stephenson- if he's not carrying some sort of fatigue related issue impacting his performance, he should be dropped. Only runs one way, has some footy education ahead of him. Playing on reputation only.
Sharenberg won't be in the b&w next year. Lacks aerial ability or the pace to play any sort of rebound role.
Maynard sleeps with the lights on before a WCE game.
Thomas, I wanted him in. Thought he'd really dig in with those top 4 players out, not the case. Never put his shoulder into the contest and for an experienced player didn't lead by example. Game has appeared to have gone past him.
Phillips, a spectator.
C Brown, has a crack but he ain't no Caleb Daniel.

Pros
Not many.
IQ, going to be exactly the type of player we need. We just need the 75 game version of him now.
Usual players tried, Adams, Crisp, Mihocek, Moore. Thought Cameron tried but outgunned by better opposition.

Just a dirty afternoon. Bring the mouthguards to training Monday, need a response from the bottom half of our selected team next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: