Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies done by Eagles. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAMER09 wrote:
Fino wrote:
Why the constant handballing?

It's been going on all year and it's rubbish whether it's dry or wet.

It's bulls**t as they try and create forward line separation if the handballs get through but we all know that the more you touch the ball, the likely you will lose it as all teams are drilled for pressure acts.

Yep and in the meantime, the forwards must be wondering when they are supposed to lead.
The first handball, the second, third, fourth or fifth?????
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:26 pm

dalyc wrote:
90 nice wrote:
After 2020 we really need to re build i feel was a good 2018. back to the bs in 2019 and now 2020 nothing going right either.
The kids are going to take 3-4 years.
Would not surprise me the pies miss the 8 this year finish say 11th/12th ala 2013-2017.

Only last week you were telling us how good we were; Kelly the next Carey, the Brown boys Gavin reincarnate, Josh Daicos his Dad etc.

Get some perspective. It’s neither as bad this week as it was good last week. How old are you? I don’t want to disparage you but I just need to know if you’re a kid or just a full grown knucklehead?

Well said, but be careful, negative posters are getting a dream run tonight , and if you take them on to much, you upset the powers that be. I do agree with all you said, spot on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Any injuries from the eagles game just make it even dirtyer would not surprise me say 3 new injuries to say adams,moore and grundy and probably even a report too would sum it up.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:30 pm

Oh well, shit happens.

Midfield were smashed and I thought our worst performance by them: Grundy, Adams and Treloar.

IQ and Noble were amongst our better players. Despite a couple of nice marks by Cameron I would have played Cox who can ruck better but it was the midfield who just got toweled & let the team down.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Outplayed comprehensively after q time . whatever small chance they had was mihocek goal to keep us in it early in the third cancelled by the goal umpire as touched. good eyesight from 40.m away! never seen thàt before without the defender clàiming a touch. grundy shown up by nic nat and midfield all at sea again. once denied possession their dare to tàke the game on when they did get it disappeared. instead the blinkered handballl to a man in trouble. kennedy the marking forward we lack. similar numbers inside 50 but our lack of system and and power up forward a chronic issue
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:35 pm

To me 2018 was a false dawn for Collingwood
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:43 pm

90 nice wrote:

Before the start of this game, you said that you didn't understand the general pessimism from Collingwood supporters about the likely result.

Now you are saying 2018 was a false dawn and we are back to the primeval swamp. Your posts are so self-contradictory that it is doing my head in.
Do you actually have any kind of reference point?
I will have to stop reading your posts for my own sanity.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:44 pm

Jezza wrote:
We need West Coast's goal kicking coach.

They were kicking them from all angles today.

Absolute freaks they would have beaten anyone today, it was their town, their rules, and they played it perfectly

But that was not touched!!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Before the start of this game, you said that you didn't understand the general pessimism from Collingwood supporters about the likely result.

Now you are saying 2018 was a false dawn and we are back to the primeval swamp. Your posts are so self-contradictory that it is doing my head in.
Do you actually have any kind of reference point?
I will have to stop reading your posts for my own sanity.

We're winning the next 10 flags and Will Kelly is the next Carey Laughing

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Just watched Bucks' presser. It was totally different from what I expected. He did not appear to be devastatingly disappointed, like he often does after a loss. He was remarkably measured, calm. Clearly he regards this performance as an outlier. He was not denying our responsibility for it, but at the same time was not going to get traumatised by any kind of destructive and maudlin self-flagellation. One of his main topics of inquiry will be what happened after quarter time: what transformation mentally took place for us to fold so completely after playing some very strong football. I know this seems to be a common theme in our performances, so perhaps some good will come out of this. Anyway, I was impressed with the attitude on display from Bucks, and hope that it is an indicator of how our boys respond to this debacle.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Clearly he regards this performance as an outlier.

Although the end result was an outlier.
The performance wasn't.
It reminded me of the Tony Shaw era.
A pack of slow, no skill midgets with not an ounce of MONGREL in them.
No plan B and no hope.
You don't get thrashed like that and be a contender in the next few years.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Nic Nat put on a master class today. Just shows you what you can do with H/O to advantage. He ran around and changed the angles at nearly every CB and most times palmed it straight down a team mates throat who was also on the move so it becomes a bigger advantage as they got done deep entries and 1 on 1 inside F50.

Imagine what he would do with 73 hit outs. Not saying it’s Grundy’s fault but the connection between Nic Nat and his mids was irresistible today. Nothing I have seen before from us given Grundy’s dominance in almost all games.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Nic Nat put on a master class today. Just shows you what you can do with H/O to advantage. He ran around and changed the angles at nearly every CB and most times palmed it straight down a team mates throat who was also on the move so it becomes a bigger advantage as they got done deep entries and 1 on 1 inside F50.

Imagine what he would do with 73 hit outs. Not saying it’s Grundy’s fault but the connection between Nic Nat and his mids was irresistible today. Nothing I have seen before from us given Grundy’s dominance in almost all games.

Yeah, and WC has a brilliant midfield as well. Ours was simply overwhelmed: without Sidey and Pendles. We need seriously to address our midfield. Sidey and Pendles are much closer to the end than the beginning: yet they are the the mortar of our midfield. We desperately need a big, physical mid in the centre of the ground to back up Tay etc. I agree with those who pointed out that since Sier was an emergency, he was worth trying through the midfield. A2 for Pendles was not like for like. Not that this would have made a difference to the result, but we need to see what Sier is capable of and address the strengthening of our midfield.

sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Ressies praccy match at least delivered a win, 44-20 (game called off after 3 qtrs, strangely).

Goals : Reid, Lynch, Ruscoe, Broomhead, Tohill, Brown (Tyler)

No injuries mentioned by Pies Twitter. Very little mentioned to be honest. How hard would it be to at least list the 16 players involved?

Sidebottom apparently played. Rantall played at least the 1st qtr for the Eagles to make up the numbers
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 pm

masoncox wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Clearly he regards this performance as an outlier.

Although the end result was an outlier.
The performance wasn't.
It reminded me of the Tony Shaw era.
A pack of slow, no skill midgets with not an ounce of MONGREL in them.
No plan B and no hope.
You don't get thrashed like that and be a contender in the next few years.

I think if we had Howe and Langdon down back, and Pendles and sidey back in centre, with de goey up forward the result would have been a hell of a lot closer than what transpired. really. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: