Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies done by Eagles. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Changes:

In:

Steele; Pendles; Sier; T Brown; Rantall; Varcoe; Keane

Out:

C Brown (inj); Atu; Rupert; Thomas; Scharenberg; Phillips; Noble

(all omitted)

Ditto. These players changes needed to occur over the weeks leading into yesterdays match.
If we are to extract any trade value, it'll come from Sier, Phillips, Thomas and Scharenberg. Done right we could trade them into a very late 1st round or early 2nd round.
With reduced lists, mooted to be 35 players coupled with a reduced cap to $6.7 million expected in 2021, the tough decisions need to start now.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Nitpicking? I have raised specific issues that I believe are deficiencies. They are to my mind valid criticisms. Can you refute any of them?

I make my own assessments. I really don't care about what others "widely believe" to be the case. I assume that you are talking about the football media. In that world there is no logic, preparation or analysis undertaken. One person makes a comment and with some exceptions the rest parrot it because then they don't have to think. I have Foxtel to watch the footy but I don't stoop so low as to watch any of the inane football analysis programs as they do not analyse players or matches like the clubs do.

An example of the BS media football reporting standards is today's Herald Sun front page story about Hawthorn's secret bank account in Tassie. How can that possibly be worthy of that publicity? It's an old story, everyone already knows about it as Don Scott has previously spoken about it in the media.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Adz wrote:
If I had told you in March Grundy would not be in the top 3 ruckman in the Comp this year, you would not have believed me.
But he trails Goldy, Gawn and NicNat and English Is snapping at his heals.

And he is the reason we will never win a flag under Buckley, a lot of money tied up for a long time that would have been far better spent on a key forward.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:44 pm

I also think Brody is a great player by virtue of the fact that he beats his opponents most weeks. Can you refute that? Seems pretty silly to complain about good players not being better when the focus should be on players who fail to perform on a regular basis. Grundy is so consistent that we just take it for granted that he's going rack up good numbers each week and beat his direct opponent. We need to put
the microscope on the players who we can't say that about.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:56 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Adz wrote:
If I had told you in March Grundy would not be in the top 3 ruckman in the Comp this year, you would not have believed me.

And he is the reason we will never win a flag under Buckley, a lot of money tied up for a long time that would have been far better spent on a key forward.

I must admit I thought this at the time. We have cut our nose to spite our face. How can we improve our forward line without the money available to pay for a suitable player? I purposely waited until today to post because I didn’t want to go off half cocked. But I feel the same flatness I felt yesterday. I was horrified at the way we played, simple as that. We will win a few and lose a few but if we play like we did, forget making the finals. Not good enough.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Round 2 Suns beat West Coast by 44 points.
R3 Lions beat West Coast by 33 points
R4 Port beat West Coast by 48 points.

We can turn it around too.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
I also think Brody is a great player by virtue of the fact that he beats his opponents most weeks. Can you refute that? Seems pretty silly to complain about good players not being better when the focus should be on players who fail to perform on a regular basis. Grundy is so consistent that we just take it for granted that he's going rack up good numbers each week and beat his direct opponent. We need to put

Early on in the game I actually thought he looked a bit distressed / fatigued in the humid conditions, he was sweating like the proverbial. Can't have been easy with that big bull charging into you.

And seeing we're now throwing Grundy out with the bathwater, do we want Witts back or Ceglar?
Just for a moment imagine a world without Grundy...

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Round 2 Suns beat West Coast by 44 points.
R3 Lions beat West Coast by 33 points
R4 Port beat West Coast by 48 points.

We can turn it around too.

Exactly! Having our best player out at the last minute really stuffed up our structures. We’ll be fine
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:46 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

Early on in the game I actually thought he looked a bit distressed / fatigued in the humid conditions, he was sweating like the proverbial. Can't have been easy with that big bull charging into you.

And seeing we're now throwing Grundy out with the bathwater, do we want Witts back or Ceglar?

If his money is offered to a Jeremy Cameron then we could definitely dream of flags!

But the concerning part was he was getting beaten soundly by their backup ruckman.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Adz wrote:

I must admit I thought this at the time. We have cut our nose to spite our face. How can we improve our forward line without the money available to pay for a suitable player? I purposely waited until today to post because I didn’t want to go off half cocked. But I feel the same flatness I felt yesterday. I was horrified at the way we played, simple as that. We will win a few and lose a few but if we play like we did, forget making the finals. Not good enough.

Exactly and seven years is a ridiculous time to sign up a player like Grundy. Remember when everyone complained about offering 5 year contracts to better payers?
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:00 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

If his money is offered to a Jeremy Cameron then we could definitely dream of flags!

But the concerning part was he was getting beaten soundly by their backup ruckman.

Yeah, Cameron played a blinder in last year's grand final.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm

You hate to see the team crumble like that, can't even remember last time it happened really

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:

I understand that you are new on this site but the way that it generally works is that if you respond to a post, that you have read that post before responding. It will be simpler for all concerned if you do that in future.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:41 pm

^I did read your post. You think he has definicies. I believe you're being overly critical of a player who is a tremendous asset to our team because he beats his direct opponent and gets a fair bit of the footy most weeks. If you want to provide evidence to the contrary go ahead.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Ok everyone take a deep breathe
West Coast had a day out everything they touched turned to gold after quarter time
A hack ball forwards off the ground goes straight to a team mate
Scrappy handball flies out lands in a team mates hand
Kicked everything from anywhere
At one stage I think the commentators said from 25 forward 50 entries WC kicked 16 goals and from 20 inside 50’s in the same period we kicked 1 goal
There were 2 massive concerns though
West Coast showed how to kill Grundy again
Nic Nat had more hit outs to advantage in a term than Grundy has had in his career it seemed
He put the ball in his team mates hands on the move time and again and we were on the back foot all the time
They played Kennedy Darling Allan all forward after quarter time and we didn’t adjust at all
Roughead always takes the deepest forward which meant when we handed over when players moved up we got murdered
Often Roughead ended up on Waterman or next to Ryan when we needed him on a tall
Moore wasn’t able to get loose and be 3rd man up in a contest He was led away from contests on purpose
Scharenberg and Maynard found themselves to often on much taller opponents on hand over
Our defensive structure fell apart when this happened
It’s alarming because prior to yesterday we had the best defence statistically

Our ball movement was stopped at the stoppages
Grundy had nil influence anywhere on the ground and was so badly beaten it broke our whole system down
We had no plan B when Grundy was made obsolete

Too many young players who all played poorly as well
Your could write in large type on a pin head the positive things Diacos Thomas AB Wills and Stephenson did
We missed JDG and Pendles but they wouldn’t have made much of a difference either when we don’t have the ball

Let’s wait and see what happens in the next week or so but I got a gut feeling the game plan west coast played today might be used more often against us going forward
We need to learn quickly how to stop this plan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: