Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andrews and the CFA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:59 pm
Post subject: Andrews and the CFAReply with quote

<split from COVID-19 thread>

eddiesmith wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So the cases are still on one side of Melbourne, so why does everyone have to suffer?

Are you sure you can't think of any reasons yourself?

Dans a moron and it didn’t make him popular last time he targeted his own supporter base?

“If Labor voters have to suffer so will everyone else”

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie get over yourself. The Premier was voted in by an overwhelming majorty in Victoria which included a mandate to bring the CFA into the 21st century. End of story.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s nice, when do we see it? All I’ve seen is a hastily rushed, ill prepared separation of staff and volunteers which was rushed through without being actually thought or nor completed anywhere near in time.

Then come summer we will see residents in high fire risk areas receive a slower and inferior service than they did last fire season because they can no longer respond the most appropriate appliance to a job first because FRV don’t have any tankers.

Now we wait for yet another cutting of the CFA budget when the government actually gets back to work, but please tell us how any of this makes CFA a modern fire service?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:53 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
"...All I’ve seen is a hastily rushed, ill prepared separation of staff and volunteers which was rushed through without being actually thought or nor completed anywhere near in time..."

All I see is massive over-reaction from some parts of the CFA saying we'll all be roon'd and the sky is going to fall in. Change can be hard for anyone.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Change can be hard for anyone.

Especially whinging National Party trolls, which are essentially all we ever heard from so far as the so-called "CFA lobby" was concerned.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:10 pm

It is was a noisy minority backed by Murdoch and was used unsucessfully by Turnbull et al before the last State Election. The manafactured hysteria was magnified and (dare I say) the conservative media poured petrol on their fire. It was ever thus.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm

^

I think that's way too neat to dismiss it as a Murdoch backed small minority.

Considering all that has happened, this whole affair is likely to bite Dandrews very hard in the arse. Hopefully it doesn't come with serious loss of life in the biting.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Good thread split although I would have titled it: "We'll all be roon'd I tells ya" or "Right wing news media and honest reporting: why are they mutually exclusive"?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Considering all that has happened, this whole affair is likely to bite Dandrews very hard in the arse. Hopefully it doesn't come with serious loss of life in the biting.

CFA or Corona Virus?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:48 pm

^

The CFA split will bite him sooner or later IMHO.

Whether the Coronavirus does depends on the next 2-3 months.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 pm

^ Yep. Getting trained, professional firefighters into suburbs previously served by half-trained amateurs is bound to go wrong. Sure it is.

The big problem with the CFA reforms is that they weren't undertaken when the need for them first became apparent, 30 or 40 years ago. Still, better late than never.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
It is was a noisy minority backed by Murdoch and was used unsucessfully by Turnbull et al before the last State Election. The manafactured hysteria was magnified and (dare I say) the conservative media poured petrol on their fire. It was ever thus.

Unsuccessfully? It was used before the 2016 Federal Election and Victoria was the only state Labor lost a seat in and only state they failed to win a seat in.

You could argue Dans handling of the CFA crisis cost Shorten the election.

Come the state election and all the inner city hippies only cared about was level crossing removals as that’s all Dan ever sprouts about so not sure he has achieved anything else? Plus the state opposition was poor.

But it’s very easy for people on the outside just to sprout the Labor fed lies and drivel.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ Yep. Getting trained, professional firefighters into suburbs previously served by half-trained amateurs is bound to go wrong. Sure it is.

The big problem with the CFA reforms is that they weren't undertaken when the need for them first became apparent, 30 or 40 years ago. Still, better late than never.

So where has that happened due to this reform?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:26 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Unsuccessfully? It was used before the 2016 Federal Election and Victoria was the only state Labor lost a seat in and only state they failed to win a seat in.

Come the state election and all the inner city hippies only cared about was level crossing removals as that’s all Dan ever sprouts about so not sure he has achieved anything else? Plus the state opposition was poor.

But it’s very easy for people on the outside just to sprout the Labor fed lies and drivel.

At the same time it’s very lazy buying the manufactured and engineered outrage of some in the CFA perpetuated by the extreme right wing media: see 3AW, Murdoch, etc.

Change is hard and accountability is harder when that’s been lacking.

If you think Dan Andrews is supported by Hippies then think again. Us city people are subsidising the CFA and a host of rural infrastructure ( and so we should) given we are the majority of tax payers. We just want a modicum of accountability and not personal unaccountable firedoms sorry fiefdoms Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

BTW I never used the word small minority but did say some noisy .....

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

At the same time it’s very lazy buying the manufactured and engineered outrage of some in the CFA perpetuated by the extreme right wing media: see 3AW, Murdoch, etc.

Change is hard and accountability is harder when that’s been lacking.

If you think Dan Andrews is supported by Hippies then think again. Us city people are subsidising the CFA and a host of rural infrastructure ( and so we should) given we are the majority of tax payers. We just want a modicum of accountability and not personal unaccountable firedoms sorry fiefdoms Wink

I’m not buying anyone else’s rage, unlike those on the outside making ill informed comments.

So I’m still waiting for you or anyone to explain how removing the ability of over a thousand professional firefighters to respond to fires in summer is improving anyone’s accountability or the safety of any Victorians?

The ONLY thing the reform did was make the UFU’s workload drastically decrease as they only have to negotiate with one employer, only one commissioner they have to bend over a barrel every few years.

All because they provided very expensive boots on the ground to get Andrews elected in 2014 and risked the safety of all Victorians in the lead up by refusing to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: