Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 201, 202, 203 ... 208, 209, 210  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pies4shaw Leo



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Happily, Lazza - as David observes, the clothing made from that cloth has a yellow stripe down the back. Laughing
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
stui magpie Gemini

Oh, the Premiership's a cakewalk


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Escaping Danistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Lol, I'm hardly saying that! My point is that if you're stockpiling guns purely for the sake of one day forming a militia and overthrowing the government (i.e. literally what the Second Amendment is for and why many of these people say they're pro-gun) and you feel the election was illegitimate and stolen from your candidate of your choice by your enemies, one might think that now is your moment and that the rest of the country should be worried about what you might do. But I really don't think most of those people actually have the stomach for doing any of this and I suspect that it's all just tough talk.


You only need a small number of legit fruit bats. Like this mob.

Quote:
Twitter has suspended more than 70,000 accounts linked to the far-right movement QAnon.

QAnon is a conspiracy claiming that President Donald Trump is waging a war against Satan-worshipping paedophiles in politics, business and the media.

Supporters were involved in the storming of the US Congress building last


https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55638558

I read somewhere else how the FBI had them in categories based like DVE which was Domestic Violet Extremist, RMVE Racially Motivated Violent Extremist and some other one. There are nutters who would aim to start a civil war, but no where near enough to actually start one.

_________________
In my defence, I was left unsupervised
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
watt price tully Scorpio



Joined: 15 May 2007


PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Lol, I'm hardly saying that! My point is that if you're stockpiling guns purely for the sake of one day forming a militia and overthrowing the government (i.e. literally what the Second Amendment is for and why many of these people say they're pro-gun) and you feel the election was illegitimate and stolen from your candidate of your choice by your enemies, one might think that now is your moment and that the rest of the country should be worried about what you might do. But I really don't think most of those people actually have the stomach for doing any of this and I suspect that it's all just tough talk.


You only need a small number of legit fruit bats. Like this mob.

Quote:
Twitter has suspended more than 70,000 accounts linked to the far-right movement QAnon.

QAnon is a conspiracy claiming that President Donald Trump is waging a war against Satan-worshipping paedophiles in politics, business and the media.

Supporters were involved in the storming of the US Congress building last


https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55638558

I read somewhere else how the FBI had them in categories based like DVE which was Domestic Violet Extremist, RMVE Racially Motivated Violent Extremist and some other one. There are nutters who would aim to start a civil war, but no where near enough to actually start one.



Listen up petal, who are you calling a domestic violet extremist? 😉

For me it’s the hollyhocks, they’re real trouble and don’t get me started on the primrose.

_________________
“It was never about the money” Israel Folau
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Warnings : 1 
Pies4shaw Leo



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ When will Gardening Australia do a feature on “Do it yourself weeding wands - how to use your AK47 to get those troublesome broad-leafed intruders under control without using dangerous chemicals”?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
David Libra

Speak about destruction


Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Location: in a time zone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta watch out for ant-leafa!
_________________
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
stui magpie Gemini

Oh, the Premiership's a cakewalk


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Escaping Danistan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:

Listen up petal, who are you calling a domestic violet extremist? 😉



Well I wasn't going to name names, but Patterson's Curse is more purple than violet. Just pick some, rub it on your scrotum and wait for the magic to happen.

_________________
In my defence, I was left unsupervised
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Lazza 



Joined: 04 Feb 2003
Location: Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Happily, Lazza - as David observes, the clothing made from that cloth has a yellow stripe down the back. Laughing


Lol😆

_________________
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn�t meant that you aren�t headed for glorious sunshine!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Tannin 

Can't remember


Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: Ballarat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Trump's constant fanning of outrage and hatred among his supporters, and his deliberate blindness to white terror has led to this: right now, today, it is judged necessary to station 20,000 troops - yes, that is twenty thousand soldiers in Washington just to keep the peace.


It's an absurd overreaction to compensate for the bizarrely complacent response the first time around.


As predicted, the crazies with their guns are out looking to kill people, and the security presence is already showing that it is necessary.

Today we see that a Trumpista with fake credentials, a gun and, 500 rounds of ammunition was arrested trying to enter the inauguration security zone. Was he out to kill Biden? Or Mike Pence? Or, seeing as that is likely not possible, just out to kill whoever he could? And how many more have been scared off by the security forces?

_________________
Let's eat Grandma. Commas save lives!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw Leo



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Prohibiting gun ownership there would prevent this. It’s one thing to be an otherwise law-abiding idiot with easy access to a gun. It’s another thing altogether to be just an otherwise law-abiding idiot.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
watt price tully Scorpio



Joined: 15 May 2007


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump: self proclaimed “king of the Jews”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2SEpWWqXM

_________________
“It was never about the money” Israel Folau
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Warnings : 1 
Pies4shaw Leo



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these. That was the best one yet - “Everything’s Alright” had me laughing so loud I nearly spat out my brunch.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie Pisces



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:


https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55638558

I read somewhere else how the FBI had them in categories based like DVE which was Domestic Violet Extremist, RMVE Racially Motivated Violent Extremist and some other one. There are nutters who would aim to start a civil war, but no where near enough to actually start one.



Listen up petal, who are you calling a domestic violet extremist? 😉

For me it’s the hollyhocks, they’re real trouble and don’t get me started on the primrose.


Ah heavens, the best laugh I've had in ages Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Hilarious.
The difference one little letter can make, eh Stui??? Laughing
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
pietillidie 



Joined: 07 Jan 2005


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The normalisation of Trump's corruption is something I will never come to grips with.

From interference in national affairs by his entirely unqualified, dull offspring to things like this, it's disturbing what people were willing to normalise:

Quote:
The White House will restart the release of its visitor logs once President-elect Joe Biden takes office, Biden transition spokesperson Jen Psaki announced Friday.

The move is a shift from President Donald Trump's White House, which kept visitor logs to core offices of the White House, including the West Wing, private. The Trump administration faced legal challenges to its position and settled a lawsuit in 2018 to allow monthly publication of visitor logs for some White House offices, including the Office of Management and Budget and the drug czar's office.

The Trump-era policy was criticized as a degradation of transparency from the previous administration. Under President Barack Obama, the White House regularly archived and released visitor logs for its core offices.

"For the sake of clarity—The Biden-Harris Administration will return to the policy of releasing White House visitor logs. Also true that visitors will be limited for some time because safety during the pandemic is top priority," Psaki, the incoming White House press secretary, tweeted Friday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/biden-white-house-visitors-459842

_________________
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie Pisces



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Trump: self proclaimed “king of the Jews”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2SEpWWqXM


Excellent!!! Very clever.
I wonder what Tim Minchin could do with the satirical fodder that Trump has provided. Smile


Last edited by PyreneesPie on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie Pisces



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
The normalisation of Trump's corruption is something I will never come to grips with.

From interference in national affairs by his entirely unqualified, dull offspring to things like this, it's disturbing what people were willing to normalise:


Absolutely agree! It's something I find difficult to understand too.
Still, narcissists of all types are very skilled at people manipulation. Have one with the extreme, unadulterated power over a nation like the US President and all sorts of inexplicables happen I guess.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 201, 202, 203 ... 208, 209, 210  Next
Page 202 of 210   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group