Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hawthorn relocation to Tasmania??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:42 pm
Post subject: Hawthorn relocation to Tasmania??Reply with quote

Surely not Jeff.

Quote:
'We are the Tassie Hawks': Jeff not ruling out move

https://www.afl.com.au/news/548135/-we-are-the-tassie-hawks-jeff-not-ruling-out-move

HAWTHORN president Jeff Kennett has lit a fire under the debate surrounding the future of a Tasmanian AFL team, insisting he wouldn't rule out moving the Hawks to the Apple Isle.

The Hawks' contract with the Tasmanian state government to play four home matches a season in Launceston expires at the end of 2021 with uncertainty around its future.

I can't see that happening ever. But could you imagine it?

Hobart Hawks? Tasmanian Hawks? The Map Of Tassie Hawks? Shocked

After a quick google search, there's three species of Hawks in Tasmania.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this will go down well with Hawthorn supporters?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:57 am

Jezza wrote:
I'm sure this will go down well with Hawthorn supporters?

Yeah, they will have to meet in a phone booth and consider the proposal😂

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:19 pm

If Kennett goes and stays there I am all for it.

I once marshalled at the Heineken at Royal Melbourne when he was in charge of the tournament. The deal was we did it for nothing but got 2 free beers, unlimited soft drinks and a free game of golf on the Monday. People like me took it and took 3 days off our holidays.

Collingwood cricket club legend Norm Emerson was chief marshall, lovely bloke . I went back to the marshalls tent for a rest and a coffee and Norm came in and was unusually very upset. It was Sunday midday.

I said probelem Norm? Yeah Ron, effing Kennett. He has made a decision that no more beers for volunteers today, no soft drink , only water and he wants the marshalls to come back tomorrow but not play and instead marshall for the sponsors (Pro-ams are for this indulgence) I told him I would tell the poor marshalls but I do not and will not insist that they turn up on Monday. Marshalls began walking off the course and going home and the post tournamnt BBQ was attended by about b20 people and clubs who had provided volunteers in the past apparently told him they would cease from now on as the golf game was why most did it.

The tournament collapsed because they were told they had to play for marshalls. The bastard came past our hole about 30 minutes after I found out and we abused shit out of him.

No marshalls turned up on the monday, none.

And why hasn;t Murdoch gone after him like Eddie. Afte rall he has a large golliwog collection and given them names like Buddy and Cyril/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: