Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who Will Win The Flag?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:55 pm
Post subject: Who Will Win The Flag?Reply with quote

Who do you think will win the flag? This is how the betting market currently ranks the teams:

Richmond
Geelong
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Collingwood
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
Fremantle
Hawthorn
Essendon
Sydney
Gold Coast
Adelaide
North Melbourne

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on the team you havent listed
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:57 pm

If Daniher fires they'll be hard to stop.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Brisbane. I reckon Pagan's time has come. He is an absolute superstar of a coach. The Brisbane team absolutely love him. Brisbane's superprofessional injury management team will likely keep Daniher on the park.
Can't see any team stopping them.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:52 pm

I'm tipping Brisbane as well.

Had a few years of experience in the finals, and I think they're ready to go the next step now. If Daniher can stay on the park, he'll make a huge difference for them.

2019 = Semi Final
2020 = Preliminary Final
2021 = ?

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:46 am

please not brisbane - my brother in law will be impossible.
I'd rather see Carlton win it.

I can't pick it but I think the climbers will be Carlton and GCoast.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:38 am

With a super fit de Goey, Sier and Grundy, along with the return of Howe, plus the on-going improvement from Daicos, I'm expecting the Pies to be a genuine flag contender this year.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:43 am

Since we are almost zero chance of being a genuine flag contender this year, I hope the GF is called off at the last second, no one wins and we move straight onto 2022 where we get a New Daicos, a top end Free agent and a new coach....
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Who Will Win the Flag?Reply with quote

Richmond - Sad but true. They could actually win a 4th flag in 5 seasons.

Geelong - I feel like they've missed their chance. The addition of Cameron will be interesting. But they are a lot older and the season is longer than last year. Last chance this year.

Brisbane - If Daniher gets going, this is a dangerous team. To think we were laughing at them after trading Beams. They might be the ones laughing if the win it all before we do.

Port Adelaide - Hard to place. They put everything into 2020 and came up short. I mean losing a Prelim at home... They should have been 2020 Premiers. Dont underestimate them though.

West Coast - They have their flag. I think age will catch up with them a bit. Will still be a good side, but I dont think will challenge the top 4.

Western Bulldogs - Since 2016, they've been tipped to come close every year. They have a fantastic midfield and I think English will step up and become the premium ruck of the league soon. The problem is their bookends. Sound familiar?

St Kilda - I thought they were a sneaky chance to make the top 4, but after recent injuries to key players, I think they may struggle a little.

Collingwood - I think we'll hover around the same mark. We'll lose stupid games and then win unexpected games. We finished 8th last year, so how many have passed us - it wont be Adelaide, North, Sydney or Hawthorn. Suns, Essendon and Freo are also unlikely. Sadly it could be Carlton or Melbourne. So how many will fall below us? - From last years ladder it's hard to tell. Maybe the Saints due to injuries? Maybe the WCE due to age? Hard to see us passing the others.

GWS - I believe have lost too many players and are still damaged after the 2019 humiliation. I tipped them to miss the 8 this time last year. I dont think they'll make it again.

Melbourne - Who knows? On paper should improve, but they just dont turn up when it counts. Losing key forwards this early will hamper them. They cant win the flag. But they could get into the 8.

Carlton - Hate to say it, but I think they will be the big improvers in 2021. I really hope I'm wrong. Can they win the flag? I dont think so. But they could shoot right up the ladder.

Fremantle - Hard to tell. I think will get better, but can they sneak in the 8? Not quite for me.

Hawthorn - Will fall. Too much going on there.

Essendon - Hard to tell. On paper not too bad and have some good young players. But there's a feeling that the players are unhappy there. Getting the vibe that they didnt like Worsfold and arent that keen on Rutten either. Cant see them making the 8.

Sydney - Hard to see them winning too many games.

Gold Coast - Will improve, but no finals.

Adelaide - Will improve, but no finals.

North Melbourne - Just about Spoon certainties.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:32 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
With a super fit de Goey, Sier and Grundy, along with the return of Howe, plus the on-going improvement from Daicos, I'm expecting the Pies to be a genuine flag contender this year.

love the optimism - I think they have a chance too. Anyone who could make top 8 are a chance and a big part of it is the momentum going into September. If we are a chance we need to unearth a couple out of 1st and 2nd years. Would be great to see the young bloods make a mark.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Brisbane. I reckon Pagan's time has come. He is an absolute superstar of a coach. The Brisbane team absolutely love him. Brisbane's superprofessional injury management team will likely keep Daniher on the park.

Pagens time has already come ..... it was back in the mid nineties.
But we know who you mean πŸ˜‰
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Pagens time has already come ..... it was back in the mid nineties.
But we know who you mean πŸ˜‰

Mybad. I even was aware of my own confusion when I wrote the comment, and googled his name just to make sure...only to still get the wrong name Embarassed

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:30 pm

At least we're not carrying the weight of expectation. I think we'll improve with the inclusion of JDG, Howe & Sidebottom, who missed large chunks of 2020. I also expect Grundy to bounce back and Daicos, Madgen and Quaynor to continue improving. Obviously Treloar is a loss and I'm wondering if this could be the year that father time catches up with Pendles. But as is often the case injuries, or the lack thereof, will have a big say on our prospects.

At this I stage I think Richmond deserve to be favourites because I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be. All their stars are still capable.

Brisbane and Geelong are equal second for mine with a lot depending on how well Daniher helps Brisbane improve and how much Cameron, Higgins & Smith improve the Cats.

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Small forwards don't win flags. Brisbane need to have JD and Hipwood as their focal forwards with Cameron as the cream on the cake.

Get that right and it's their flag. If they reply too much on Cameron, they'll fail again when it matters.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:27 pm

On what basis can anyone pick against Richmond? It’s difficult to see them in any sort of decline in 2021. The closest team to them at the end of 2020 was Port Adelaide who went so close to beating Richmond in the prelim. Geelong have stacked their team with mature age recruits to try and win that flag that has eluded them for a decade due to negative coaching. Will be hard to beat on paper however. I would be very surprised if Collingwood were to make the eight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: