Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Players on our list that should not be

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mods admin please delete this thread please
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

matrix10 wrote:
Alex wrote:
We lost 13 players this offseason, you wanted more?

Thomas - Back up player for injuries, Bucks probably hopes he can get back to 2018, i think this will be the last year for him though
Wilson - This will be his third year on the list, he was always going to be a long term prospect, hopefully he can debut this year
Cameron - Back-up ruckman and key forward.
Lynch - Not sure why he wasn't delisted, only one of this list that I would have moved on from too.
Mayne - Back-Up
Murphy - Very talented, hopefully he can get on the field this year.
WHE - Borderline best 22, kicked 42 in 2018, hopefully he can find some form in 2021.
Madgen - Breakout 2020

So for me, one of the 7 should have been delisted, and he probably wasn't because of the amount of delistings we had already gone through before him. The answer is no, I wasn't surprised.

To Alex’s point there are a lot of borderline & backup players there. Throw in the Brown’s, Sier etc. and the test will be one of depth. Treloar & Stevenson were better than backup or borderline. Just sayin..

agreed

Madgen in particular was immense in crucial momnets last year- no fuss so missed by many.
I would add that mayne is a great perosn to keep around as back up- an amazing clubman who sets a great example on and off the field
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Players on our list that should not beReply with quote

90 nice wrote:
mods admin please delete this thread please

Who 90? Have you changed your mind?

You're entitled to your opinion, but maybe provide a better reason for each player next time.

I believe that teams with good depth win flags. Yes, maybe those guys are no longer in the best 22, and maybe they have dropped in form a little bit. But its silly to think that we get rid of a bunch of players because you dont believe they are in our best team anymore. How do you replace so many names?

Josh Thomas - Everyone was a bit frustrated with JT last year. Confidence is the key. And be selfish in forward 50.

Tom Wilson - What do you want from a Category B rookie? Has a three year rookie contract that ends this year and is a development player. A great incentive by the AFL to let clubs go for these sort of guys from other sporting backgrounds. At 23 and in his final contracted year, he would want to impress in 2021.

Darcy Cameron - We need a backup ruck. And he can provide relief in the forward line too. Sure, he isnt Jeremy Cameron, but you cant go into a season with one ruckman on the list.

Max Lynch - The lack of height on the list may have saved him. He will need to impress in 2021. But ruck depth is important and you cant have someone like Witts (a best 22 player) playing VFL behind Grundy.

Chris Mayne - Nothing wrong with a bit of veteran experience. We lost a bit of that recently too. I do believe this will be his final season at the club, but I'm glad he decided to play one more season here.

Nathan Murphy - At 21, has earned another shot to impress. This needs to be a big year for him.

Will Hoskin Elliott - A required player. Was handy in the hitout yesterday. Maybe you expect too much of him?

Jack Madgen - Very harsh 90. He filled the void left by Howe last year and did a great job.

Yes, maybe some of these guys won't be here next year, but in 2021 are required for different reasons. And like I said earlier, it's not like theres 20 young Abletts just waiting for a chance to get on a list.

Did you want to keep Langdon? Dunn? Phillips? Atu? Beams? 'Berg? Wills? Reid? Varcoe? Broomy? Appleby? etc... Stevo and Treloar are two I'll give you, but they were let go for other reasons too.

Just put a bit more thought into your posts 90 and remember that others are entitled to agree or disagree with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: