Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cuts to the NDIS?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I am worried that we’re on the verge of a new round of austerity once the pandemic is done and dusted. Something to keep tabs on, certainly with the current lot in power.

Very Good Point and be the Poor and Needy who will feel it the Most instead of the Rich that have the Money.

Espically with Liberal/Coalition in power

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
makes perfect sense Eddie and Bucks, Shorten is no stranger to a fake news scare campaign,

So you Believe what comes from the Murdoch Media Empire and we all know he Backs the Liberals

tell you what Dave, jump on whatever search engine you choose and see if you can find a story in any media that supports what Shorten is saying.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:56 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/19/australias-budget-effectively-in-balance-after-46bn-underspend-on-ndis

Report from the Murdoch Media Empire

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/how-the-ndis-has-failed-under-a-liberal-government,13761

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:02 pm

^

Yep, read the articles, Shorten lied.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, read the articles, Shorten lied.

Which one?

Hope you are Right and what Shorten is saying Turns out to be False

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:35 pm

And Eddie repeats the lie, as if doing it often enough will make it true. No Eddie, the ABC has been slashed and slashed and slashed again. Get real.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
NDIS has a lot of issues. There are providers ripping it off big time and Federal Government is incompetent in its management of this.

I deal with over paid providers who are often out of their league but receiving huge amounts which is simply waste.

My wife’s business deals with NDIS regularly and while NDIS does some good in some areas they are extremely wasteful ( and I’m understating the waste by the Federal Government)

It’s part of this Government’s blind ideological obsession of privatizatising services and service delivery. We are talking huge millions. Ordinarily this would be fodder for the Murdoch press but is simply ignored.

Those who deal with it as professional staff know what a clusterf*ck a lot of the process and at times the delivery is with respect to NDIS

They want to Privtaize as they give it to there Mates who would try and make Millions from running it. Plus 1 less thing the Coalition to Worry about.

Sounds like how lot of things are Private like Health Care in America where it's all privatised.

Yeah the Goverment does not want to own up for there F**k Ups and Blame someone else

Agree I heard some Companies charge stupid Money for Carer's

I have a Lady who comes for 45 minutes once a Week for Exersise and the Company charges NDIS $100-$120 for that Hour but rest of my normal Carers are getting around $35-$45 an hour

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Greed

I know someone who quite frankly roots the system, they are deserving of help, no doubt, but have no shame in maximising their assistance.

And when my dad was allowed a certain amount of extra assistance before he moved to a care home, he wanted to use the lot just because he could, even though the net result was a worse situation than him being in a home.

Cheats spoil everything, just look at the extra charges from some doctors. Ridiculous and unscrupulous

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:57 pm

think positive wrote:
Greed

I know someone who quite frankly roots the system, they are deserving of help, no doubt, but have no shame in maximising their assistance.

And when my dad was allowed a certain amount of extra assistance before he moved to a care home, he wanted to use the lot just because he could, even though the net result was a worse situation than him being in a home.

Cheats spoil everything, just look at the extra charges from some doctors. Ridiculous and unscrupulous

Spot On it's the A-Holes that Ruin it for Everyone.

I heard someone was Kicked off NDIS as they tried to Claim that there House/Roommate was there Carer but was found out and Booted off

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 pm

think positive wrote:
Greed

Mrs WPT pointed out rorting by one “consumer” and because she was loud and noisy insisting her son needed everything they simply caved in. She & her business partner have no hesitation in reporting rorts by consumers but quite often nothing is done.

I could go on about the amounts they pay for so called professional services but there isn’t enough time.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:59 pm

More Info how the Coalation Hates NDIS and want to Strip it back so they can give more Money to there Rich Mates and Themselves

https://billshorten.com.au/stop-independent-assessments/

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2021/04/03/whatsapp-leak-ministers-shut-out-ndis-redraft/161736840011391#mtr

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:44 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
More Info how the Coalation Hates NDIS and want to Strip it back so they can give more Money to there Rich Mates and Themselves

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2021/04/03/whatsapp-leak-ministers-shut-out-ndis-redraft/161736840011391#mtr

Sadly but correct weight DTM.

The Saturday Paper nails it. Stuart Robert should have been sacked years ago but Scotty knows nothing about ministerial responsibility. Stuart Robert and Scotty from marketting are religious fundamentalist pr*cks of the highest order. Robert is imposing his moraility on the lives of people with disabilities to the latters detriment. if I called him a cnut it would be seen as both correct and tame

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:53 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Sadly but correct weight DTM.

The Saturday Paper nails it. Stuart Robert should have been sacked years ago but Scotty knows nothing about ministerial responsibility. Stuart Robert and Scotty from marketting are religious fundamentalist pr*cks of the highest order. Robert is imposing his moraility on the lives of people with disabilities to the latters detriment. if I called him a cnut it would be seen as both correct and tame

Hopefully there is an Election this Year and Finally the People of Australia kick the Coalition out of Power

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:47 pm

Correct weight DTM.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:31 am

The NDIS is a bit of a lottery, some people can get it and it’s very helpful, while others can’t. Bad luck if you’re over 65, unless you were on it before then you can’t get it.
I work with NDIS clients in their homes. The agencies earn a nice fee (50 % of the cost of the service).
There is a lot of inequity and waste in the system, I’m not sure if targeting the client is the way to reform it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: