Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OUR Round 1 team will be ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, here is my expected line-up for round one.

B: Maynard Roughead Howe

HB: Quaynor Moore Crisp

C: Sidey Pendles Daicos

HF: WHE Cox Ruscoe

F: Ollie Mihocek Elliott

FOLL: Grundy, de Goey, Adams

IC: Noble, Darcy, Mayne, Madgen
Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 pm

This is my updated Round 1 team after the Geelong Practise Match

B: Madgen Roughead Howe
HB: Maynard Moore Quaynor
C: Daicos Pendlebury Crisp
HF: Sidebottom Mihocek Hoskin-Elliott
F: De Goey Cox Ruscoe
Foll: Grundy Adams Elliott
Bench: Noble Sier T Brown Henry

Looks like W Kelly has slid out of a lot of people's Best 22s/Round 1 team, including mine. He showed a lot of promise in his first game but it was only 1 game. Im having trouble deciding if I want him in or not. Hopefully he plays against Richmond and shows what he has to offer.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Both of you haven’t got a brown in your teams. It seems like fans consider either of them as depth players only. I do think both will have big chunks of the season in the firsts and I’m not so sure they will make us better. I would love to be proven wrong.
Alex 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:08 am

I have Tyler in my side. I view Callum as a depth player, but Tyler has the size and skill to become something more imo. Some would say he is already past his brother, even though Cal has played 49 games to Tyler's 9. Remember, they were only drafted with Pick 35 (Callum) and Pick 50 (Tyler) so if all they become is depth players then that isnt a waste of a draft pick or anything. I hope they become more than that though.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:05 am

Alex wrote:
I have Tyler in my side. I view Callum as a depth player, but Tyler has the size and skill to become something more imo. Some would say he is already past his brother, even though Cal has played 49 games to Tyler's 9. Remember, they were only drafted with Pick 35 (Callum) and Pick 50 (Tyler) so if all they become is depth players then that isnt a waste of a draft pick or anything. I hope they become more than that though.

Completely agree about Tyler. The kid has only been in the AFL system for a short while and has hardly scratched the surface.
I never quite understand why some write off the young blokes so early.
The improvement of Josh Daicos ( also a later pick ) should be enough of a reminder that not all kids develop or have break out years at the same time.
Tyler has some good footy attributes too. Get his fitness up so he can be involved in a few more plays and he will develop into a very good link up player.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:12 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Alex wrote:

Completely agree about Tyler. The kid has only been in the AFL system for a short while and has hardly scratched the surface.
I never quite understand why some write off the young blokes so early.
The improvement of Josh Daicos ( also a later pick ) should be enough of a reminder that not all kids develop or have break out years at the same time.
Tyler has some good footy attributes too. Get his fitness up so he can be involved in a few more plays and he will develop into a very good link up player.

Watching all of the QLD based games live last year, I've no doubt Tyler will emerge as something special. He just did some elite level things on occasions that said to me that what he lacks in game day impact at the moment will be improved by coaching and general maturity. He was caught ball watching a few times and wasn't demanding the ball when in space.
With another 10 games under his belt, I think any doubt to his prospects will be put to bed. I reckon he is ahead of Daicos at the same games played juncture.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:51 pm

Tyler has better scope for improvement. He's a great size and has lightning quick hands. His biggest flaw, from the little I've seen of him, is his kicking. Hopefully his kicking will improve as he gains in confidence. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Callum making it, other than as a depth player.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:33 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
B: Quaynor - Roughead - Crisp
HB: Maynard- Moore - Murphy

C: Daicos - Pendlebury - T. Brown
R: Grundy - Sier - Adams

HF: Ruscoe - Mihocek - Elliott
F: Sidebottom - Cox - JDG

INT: McCreery, Macrae, Mayne, Noble

EMG : Thomas, Greenwood, WHE, Madgen

INJ : expecting Howe & Kelly won't be ready and Adams only just

T.Brown being our next Centre apparent post Pendles. Rantell might put up his hand but he's a long way off yet.
In order to identify players that can run both ways, T.Brown and Daicos need to make the respective wings their own. In time I expect both to end up in the Roving / Ruck positions.

Sidey has to go forward to boost our scoring impact. Plodders like Thomas while a reliable kick, just won't kick bags and threaten in a final.

JDG is still our most potent forward. Rotate him through the midfield when required along with Elliott.

We weren't going to improve retaining Philips and Treloar we'd seen only glimpes of his best, not conistently damaging enough to move into the Centre.
Stephenson, we'll never know but give Ruscoe the opportunity to do what he did before injury, I suspect we won't be too disappointed.

In order to give the list a freshen up, I see McCreery and Macrae and Murphy will grab their opportunity with both hands, keeping pressure on the likes of WHE, Thomas, Greenwood.

Well post a couple of pre-season scratchies, one thing is certain, don't expect any change to our fortunes if we continue to play the likes of WHE & Thomas.
WHE has all the hallmarks to become our new whipping boy.
Thomas won't be far behind him if he can't recapture the form of 2018-19, which now seems an age ago.

Ruscoe must replace WHE Round 1.

Thomas if indeed they play him, I suspect will be given until approx. Round 6, by which time we would have played 3 of last years finalists. If he doesn't fire, I reckon his card will be marked and he'll be marking time on our senior list for the remainder of the year.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:43 pm

I’ve long been of the opinion WHE is soft at the ball and is a lazy footballer
He has talent no doubt about that and he’s a better than average kick
He IMO won’t out his head over the ball and get a hard ball and he waits for his team mates to bring him into a game instead of going and getting himself involved
Thomas shouldn’t be on our list. He isn’t a AFL standard footballer
2018 was a outlier of a season every other season he’s been ordinary

Definition of insanity is don’t the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
I would rather lose a game giving some new recruits (kids) a game than keep playing the likes of WHE or Thomas or even C Brown for that matter
T Brown looks like his has the body and hands to be a good footballer he needs games to get used to pace of the game
Get him in close to Pendles to learn how to get it into a game
I don’t think we can play Cameron and Cox in same side just to slow
Cox plays his best out of the goal square not up the ground
Tell him 30m from goals is his boundary DONT go behind that mark
Daicos looks likely to lock down a wing spot left by philips (who still can’t kick for shit after watching him in hawks game the other day) the other wing is open
JDG looked ok in the guts but doesn’t have the tank yet to run out a game spent a fair bit of time with hands on hips huffing and puffing but he’s a match winner
Seir needs to work much harder than he did the other night but he has size and courage so hopefully he can earn a place
Make some changes switch things up
If the bulldogs go with a small forward line shift Moore forward and let them try and match up his speed and mobility
I just want to see us try something different lord knows what we’ve been doing isn’t going to work any more
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:47 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I’ve long been of the opinion WHE is soft at the ball and is a lazy footballer
He has talent no doubt about that and he’s a better than average kick
He IMO won’t out his head over the ball and get a hard ball and he waits for his team mates to bring him into a game instead of going and getting himself involved
Thomas shouldn’t be on our list. He isn’t a AFL standard footballer
2018 was a outlier of a season every other season he’s been ordinary

Definition of insanity is don’t the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
I would rather lose a game giving some new recruits (kids) a game than keep playing the likes of WHE or Thomas or even C Brown for that matter
T Brown looks like his has the body and hands to be a good footballer he needs games to get used to pace of the game
Get him in close to Pendles to learn how to get it into a game
I don’t think we can play Cameron and Cox in same side just to slow
Cox plays his best out of the goal square not up the ground
Tell him 30m from goals is his boundary DONT go behind that mark
Daicos looks likely to lock down a wing spot left by philips (who still can’t kick for shit after watching him in hawks game the other day) the other wing is open
JDG looked ok in the guts but doesn’t have the tank yet to run out a game spent a fair bit of time with hands on hips huffing and puffing but he’s a match winner
Seir needs to work much harder than he did the other night but he has size and courage so hopefully he can earn a place
Make some changes switch things up
If the bulldogs go with a small forward line shift Moore forward and let them try and match up his speed and mobility
I just want to see us try something different lord knows what we’ve been doing isn’t going to work any more

Agree with all of this. As Albert Einstein said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

2021 is a transition year. We can still make finals however if we're to progress in 2022, we'll need to unearth 5 new players capable of not only holding their own in a starting 22, but give us some insight post the benefit of getting at least 10 games under their belt.
Bloody hard given so many didn't play senior footy last year.

Sidey likely won't be there come Round 1 so I expect The Pig will come in and hopefully McCreery, if fit, will be offered a chance. Reckon Mayne unlikely and Thomas will hold his spot.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:24 pm

Ok here's my crack based on what we know re injured players:

B:Howe Roughead Maynard
HB: Crisp Moore IQ
C: Noble Pendlebury Daicos
HF: Elliott Mihocek WHE
F: Henry Cox Greenwood
R: Grundy Adams DeGoey
Int: T Brown, Sier, Ruscoe, Murphy

Sidebottom in for Murphy if fit
Alex 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:25 pm

AFL.com released their Round 1 Mock Teams.

Collingwood's:
B: Maynard Roughead Howe
HB: Crisp Moore Quaynor
C: Mayne Pendlebury Noble
HF: Hoskin-Elliott Mihocek De Goey
F: Elliott Cox Henry
I/C: Madgen Cameron Sier C Brown
Emerg: T Brown Thomas Macrae Ruscoe

Unavailable: Kelly, McInnes, Sidebottom.

Here is the link: https://www.afl.com.au/news/560895/mock-teams-who-s-in-your-club-s-best-22-for-round-one-

Its really just preference for some players, for example, some like the Brown's more than others, some like Mayne, Greenwood etc. But the disrespect for Ruscoe is unreal. Easily Best 22.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am

Agree with all those who have Trey Ruscoe in their team for Round 1. I thought he showed great promise last year as a component of our forward line. I would be selecting him from the very start. He is ready to go, and has another preseason under his belt.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:32 am

I expect a first round team to consist of senior mature players who have no form and no accountability. Thomas, WHE and to a lesser degree Madgen only because it perfectly sums up our DNA in our football selection committee.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 am

Any side we put on the field with all of Madgen, C Brown, Thomas, Cameron and Mayne is a worry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: