Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a completely embarrassing dickhead. Collingwood needs to say goodbye to these dinosaurs In order to move on.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:38 pm

Perhaps the club should delegate the response to Joffa’s tweet to Eddie. He has experience handling race issues. Ask Adam Goodes. And Lumumba.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:01 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Perhaps the club should delegate the response to Joffa’s tweet to Eddie. He has experience handling race issues. Ask Adam Goodes. And Lumumba.

You are such a cynic, SG. Unfortunately, you make me laugh!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:16 am

This is a sorry business, but do we know if Joffa's well?

While it's fashionable to be defiantly bigoted to assert one's frail manhood, he was never like this in the past.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Joffa is not and never has been a racist.

While disparaging an entire nationality is not going to make you many friends, people's opinions are generally formed by their experiences.

Joffa spent many years working night shift in a residential care facility that I believe was aged care. I'd suggest that his experience has informed his opinion.

Doesn't make him correct but it also doesn't make him a racist.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:54 pm

Yeah, he was never like this and isn't a bad bloke.

What he has done is loudly and wilfully thrown a group of people already subject to damaging stereotypes under a bus. Joffa clearly knows better and was lashing out at someone else's expense (and not at the expense of the upper management of care facilities).

It doesn't mean I think he's an ar$ehole - he's not. Far more likely he's down on things to the point his own emotions are overwhelming his better senses. This is something that happens to us all from time to time, so there's no need to judge him eternally for it. This is why I ask: do we know if he's okay?

Last edited by pietillidie on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:

Do you know the club did not contact Joffa first?

Besides, he knows he is an unofficial posterboy for the club (at least in the media's eyes). There is no doubt the club would be on shaky ground with some of its sponsors and supporters. Aside from the obvious need to stand strgon against blatant racism, if they do not make a strong public stand then there would be significant financial consequences. If that happens we all suffer.

It was a selfish and stupid act from someone who should know better.

I've seen the actions of the club in recent times and, sadly, there is no reason to believe that they would do anything to support anyone associated with the place if there might be 'financial consequences', or indeed any consequences at all.

They could've decried what Joffa said and still noted his service to the club and his extraordinary charity work. Given the choice I'd have someone like Joffa on the board before any of the current self-promoting corporate stooges that occupy those positions.

I fear that, with the departure of Eddie, there's really not much genuine Collingwood left at the Holden Centre.
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 pm
Post subject: An Interview with JoffaReply with quote

And for something completely different, we talk with Joffa on the latest episode of The Collingwood Rant.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:16 am

Tend to agree with you. Very little to get excited about at the moment. Hope this changes once the season commences.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Whether Joffa lives in Fiji or whether Fijians discriminate against people of Indian descent are red herrings and are irrelevant.

Joffa's comment was racist and deplorable. He does not and never did represent Collingwood.

Why, in a thread concerning racism, are you singling out certain herrings based only upon their color? Fish have feelings too you know (or at least I have read that somewhere).
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Redlight wrote:

I've seen the actions of the club in recent times and, sadly, there is no reason to believe that they would do anything to support anyone associated with the place if there might be 'financial consequences', or indeed any consequences at all.

They could've decried what Joffa said and still noted his service to the club and his extraordinary charity work. Given the choice I'd have someone like Joffa on the board before any of the current self-promoting corporate stooges that occupy those positions.

I fear that, with the departure of Eddie, there's really not much genuine Collingwood left at the Holden Centre.

If you think Joffa should be no the board then I would suggest you do not really understand how a board functions. Also perhaps you would like to enlighten us about the people on the Collingwood board that are self promoting corporate stooges? If my assumption is correct, I would expect you don't really know much about any one them except Paul Licuria and more recently Jodie Sizer.

Perhaps you like to just throw criticism from the cheap seats rather than truly understand if what you are saying is factual.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:02 pm

5 from a wing wrote about red herrings.

Yeah I’ve been herring that and red about it. Sounds fishy but on a scale of one to ten I score it a tuna. Don’t want to carp on but some people with hair have mullets in them. Enough to send bass straight and remember to return the barrow Monday before I talk to a red Finn and then flake😎

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:18 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
Whether Joffa lives in Fiji or whether Fijians discriminate against people of Indian descent are red herrings and are irrelevant.

Joffa's comment was racist and deplorable. He does not and never did represent Collingwood.

Why, in a thread concerning racism, are you singling out certain herrings based only upon their color? Fish have feelings too you know (or at least I have read that somewhere).

Laughing Laughing Such a funny line.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:19 pm

Lazza wrote:
5 from a wing wrote about red herrings.

Yeah I’ve been herring that and red about it. Sounds fishy but on a scale of one to ten I score it a tuna. Don’t want to carp on but some people with hair have mullets in them. Enough to send bass straight and remember to return the barrow Monday before I talk to a red Finn and then flake😎

Very clever Lazza!! Laughing
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 am

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
If you think Joffa should be no the board then I would suggest you do not really understand how a board functions. Also perhaps you would like to enlighten us about the people on the Collingwood board that are self promoting corporate stooges? If my assumption is correct, I would expect you don't really know much about any one them except Paul Licuria and more recently Jodie Sizer.

Perhaps you like to just throw criticism from the cheap seats rather than truly understand if what you are saying is factual.

I didn't say Joffa should be on the board. I said I would rather have him on the board than many of the self-promoting corporate flogs we currently have. I haven't changed my mind.

You assume I know nothing about the board? Let's see what I know shall we?

Of the board members you didn't mention we have these fine people...

Peter Murphy runs an investment firm that isn’t an ‘investment firm’ at all apparently, it’s “a way of thinking that challenges paradigms” and which “Empowers people with passion to chase their dreams to change the world”

So, an investment firm then.

That kind of posturing, self-aggrandising bulltish should make anyone uncomfortable.

Mark Korda runs a company of receivers, which some may suggest prey on, and profit, from the misfortune of others. I'm sure he's dedicated to the common man in the stand and the interests of typical Collingwood supporters.

Alex Waislitz The son-in-law of villainous Carlton arsehole Richard Pratt. Say no more.

Mark Anderson, late of the Essendon Football Club. Diehard Pies man, I’m sure.

Christine Holgate, chief watch giver at Australia Post. Let’s see what the Prime Minister makes of her…

“so appalled and shocked was I by that behaviour, as any shareholder would in a company raise their outrage if they had seen that conduct, by a chief executive, the management or the board”
Scott Morrison, Australian Prime Minister

What a fine group of Collingwood people we're left with after Ed was knifed. I'm glad you're so comfortable with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 16 of 27   

Jump to: