Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We did a 100km loop through Toolangi on the weekend and a group of about 100 riders on gravel bikes and mountain bikes went past in the opposite direction. They were all carrying sleeping mats, lots of food, clothing etc. We spoke to a few of them who said they were competing in the Vic Divide Endurance Race from Melbourne to Wodonga, most of it on gravel roads and going through the north east for 550km with 11,000 metres of vertical climbing. Some were aiming at doing it in 2 days, others taking up to 5 days. Crazy bastards, when you consider the altitude gain on the 145km Otway Classic is only 1426m.

When you get the Wahoo you probably won't want to do spin classes any more. For about $20 per month you can sign up to Full Gaz and do a virtual ride of any well known route in the world, and hundreds you have not heard of before. You could also sign up to Zwift but in my opinion and that of many others, Full Gaz is far better as you are looking at real film of where you are riding, not at cartoons.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:31 am

Mrs WPT picked me up yesterday after work at 7pm and we on the way to Sidanee for a few days to see the oldest.

Starting 4.5 weeks leave. Thanks be the lord.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:36 pm

^

Good stuff. Enjoy the land of the free, you won't want to return to Danistan. Razz Wink

I'm up in Toc at the moment. Snuck up over lunch time, making up some work time on the PC at the moment, beautiful sunny day and the town beach is chockers full of refugees from Danistan

Found the Microsoft Office 2016 Pro disc and product key at home, just reinstalled it on the PC up here.

You beauty.

Foreshore market tomorrow and clearing sale for a Hotel that's closing down. Catch up with an old school mate for a beer sometime before I go back, loving life. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:00 pm

the hotel sale would be so cool

well done WPT enjoy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 am

think positive wrote:

well done WPT enjoy

Cheers. Got a Airbnb in Vaucluse: I wasn’t sure they’d let the Hyundai in but great location, minutes from the beach.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:18 pm

think positive wrote:

well done WPT enjoy

I meant to say Motel and the good stuff had all been claimed before opening.

Still, absolutely beautiful weather. Cold this morning when i did a 5km walk but not long after sunrise it started to warm up.

Currently laying in a hammock in the front yard, wearing shorts and a singlet and drinking a few beers

The Hammock stand is a story on its own. Bought it at Bunnings, brought it up her, opened the box toassemple it and the pieces in the box didn't match the instructions or the list of pieces I was supposed to have.. So after a bit of swearing and a FMD moment, I looked at the picture of what the finished product was supposed to look like and tried to see if I could build that out of the pieces I had. Long story short, I could and I did. Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 am

Rode my bike in Sydney yesterday. Rode 85km. Went from Vaucluse to Bondi Junction ( f*ck me there are some hills) at 0600. Took a wrong turn in Double Bay to get across to Bondi Junction (really steep hills) met up with my oldest daughters BF (he does triathlons) and then rode through Centennial Park and went to just past Cronulla up a couple of hills turned around (quick coffee in Cronulla and back.

Wow. We did a really good clip. Great fun ( the Double Bay Hills notwithstanding)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:44 pm

Great catching up with an old high school mate yesterday. Interesting conversation over a few beers, go back nearly 40 years ago and neither of us had any clue about our future, where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. Both of us just sort of worked it out as we went along, gravitating to things we were good at.

We went to Deni together in 1984 to sit the NSW Public Service Entrance exam. A few months later he got a job offer and moved to Sydney. Not long after that I did the Telecom Clerical Selection test and got a job offer within a few weeks and moved to Melbourne.

Neither of us got around to getting formal tertiary quals but we both earn a good salary and tell people with degrees and above how to do their jobs.

His mum is not doing well. She's in Shep Hospital for "tests", he's been working remotely from Finley during the day and visiting her every arvo. At least he has an older brother and sister still local to keep an eye on her.

I keep in contact with bugger all people I've been to school with or worked with, but he's one.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Wandering round the market this morning, picked up some weight plates for a dumbell/barbell.

5x2.5kg plates and 2x0.5kg plates total of 13.5kg for $25.

Put that in context, a single 2.5kg plate at Rebel sells for $17

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Mrs WPT & I have been in Adelaide for about 4-5 days. We’ve seen a few shows at the Adelaide Fringe Festival and yesterday I rode 130 km as part of the Bike SA Coast to Coast ride.

Normally the ride starts in Glenelg and finishes at Victor Harbour with various joining points. However they’re resurfacing parts of the highway so Bicycle South Australia decided to start the ride at Stirling.

The ride then officially started at the pretty and picturesque Stirling atop one part of the Adelaide Hills. We’ve been staying in leafy Walkerville and I rode from Walkerville but took another wrong turn at Albuquerque at 0600 and rode 5km up hill to a dead end (thank you Google maps) rode back down then changed the settings to car not bike and made my way through the main roads then joined the poorly paved bike path / route.

Very steep ride at times and a tough ride at times but great fun. Sore bum and lactic acid to spare yesterday. Slept like a log 😉

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

well done WPT enjoy

I meant to say Motel and the good stuff had all been claimed before opening.

Still, absolutely beautiful weather. Cold this morning when i did a 5km walk but not long after sunrise it started to warm up.

Currently laying in a hammock in the front yard, wearing shorts and a singlet and drinking a few beers

The Hammock stand is a story on its own. Bought it at Bunnings, brought it up her, opened the box toassemple it and the pieces in the box didn't match the instructions or the list of pieces I was supposed to have.. So after a bit of swearing and a FMD moment, I looked at the picture of what the finished product was supposed to look like and tried to see if I could build that out of the pieces I had. Long story short, I could and I did. Very Happy

I had a similar experience with a Smith machine which is a large piece of gym equipment. Basically, it's a heavy steel frame with rails attached to an Olympic barbell. It's a safe way of doing bench press, squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses etc without a spotter. At a guess it weighs about 200 - 250kg without weights added.

I drove down to Braeside to collect it, put the boxes in the trailer then took it home to put it together. I followed the detailed instructions whilst bolting things together, with my two young sons holding up the pieces for a long time. After a little while I realised the instructions were written by someone that must have been having a bad day. About the equivalent of being told to excavate the house foundations after you have already constructed the house.Pulled it apart, started again using the largest picture on the box as a guide.

One of the best things I have ever bought though.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:19 am

Having caught up with my oldest and her BF in Sidanee they both seem happy and healthy currently.

Getting a swim / body surf at Bondi with not too many people around

Getting time away with Mrs WPT

Being on leave

2 big bike rides in the last week

Getting home and seeing my youngest who is now employed as a Graduate Lawyer in a swank law firm where her first (of three) 6 month rotation is in Corporate Law working very hard in Mergers and Aquisitions, Capital transfers and related areas. Already working long hours and she got her first pay last week.

Now the house autumn cleaning, car cleaning and the garden. We have 3 huge pumpkins growing and some of our zucchini’s turned into marrows. Mrs WPT made stuffed sliced marrow with a type of Mexican flavoured veg mix and others with some minced beef for tea last night: yum

Today I hope to make a zucchini soup and zucchini fritters / zucchini slice

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

When you get the Wahoo you probably won't want to do spin classes any more. For about $20 per month you can sign up to Full Gaz and do a virtual ride of any well known route in the world, and hundreds you have not heard of before. You could also sign up to Zwift but in my opinion and that of many others, Full Gaz is far better as you are looking at real film of where you are riding, not at cartoons.

I’ve done a few virtual spin classes through “my zone” and loved riding though Scotland, the Rocky Mountains etc: they were offered at my local gym. Some prick however stole the programme and some equipment during the first lockdown. The Gym is struggling so I keep my limited membership with them.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:23 pm

Got my eyes checked this arvo. I knew they'd deteriorated but not as much as I'd thought. Apparently the new prescription is only a minor change from the current one, so pretty happy about that. Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:29 pm

I need a What scared the **** out of me thread, I’ll go with happy cos I’m in one piece!
Walked around the pond looking for dragonflies and butterflies, got some great shots, spent 5 min with a tiny butterfly, stood up and walked about 5-10 metres and thought oh wow what a gorgeous pink....oh $&@k it’s a snake! I stood still it looked at me and slithered off, I tried to get a shot but too slow. Ok that shook me up a bit. I made myself walk passed the spot then turned back and walked back around the other side and every bloody stick looked like a snake!! So I laughed at myself and said stop it! And that’s when I saw the brown snake as big as an anaconda about 6metres away, between me and the gate! At Yi Yi Yi! I’m trapped between 2 of them, and my new snake proof gaiters and snake bandage and my phone are ... back at the house!! So now I’m starting to feel like I’m in the snake pit in raiders of the lost ark! I swear he winked at me turned tail and slid off, but I gave him a few minutes! Once my legs worked again I got the hell out of there! Someone tell them it’s not summer anymore!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 40 of 100   

Jump to: