Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan says “I will walk”

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be Nathans fate this year...?!??
What are you talking about? Nathan is the messiah and will lead our club to its next flag!!
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Nathan comes to the realization that the club is bigger than him and that he needs to fall on his sword and resigns.
40%
 40%  [ 34 ]
Nathan finally gets the sack after another bad season.
42%
 42%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 83

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I know this won't be very popular with the Collingwood flock, specially here on Nick's - but realistically really think about what we'll want to do once Bucks goes... we'll want to sign an experienced solid coach... right now there are 'realistically' 2 available... Brad Scott and Ross Lyon.

Scott would be a great choice if we want another 10 flagless years

...and so would Lyon.
Neither of these will be the next coach of Collingwood. I don;t think we will opt for "solid" coaches who have decades of experience in going nowhere. Sounds too much like our current coach.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:33 am

I personally have no preference in a new coach other than that we need a new coach and he needs to be the best available that we can afford BUT if I was a betting man I'd be throwing a tidy little bet on Lyon - in fact i'm positive he'll be our next coach.. like it or not. I give Brad Scott almost zero chance of coaching us in the future. I also give Clarkson or Mitchel almost zero chance of coaching us either... which basically leaves Ross..

I'm not vouching for him but he was unlucky at the saints, and he managed to get Fremantle to one year on top of the ladder and another as the runner up in the GF.. and personally I thought he was going through the motions out west - he always looked bored... but yet look at the results, at least for a period.

Even though we will lose some pretty important players over the next 2-3 years... we have a good nucleus to work with.

As long as we get the best available.. I'm all in (well I am anyway but you know what I mean..)

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:11 pm

^ Lyon does well with lists about to hit their prime.

He's useless if a club is in rebuild mode.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:46 am

It eerks me to see Brisbane and st Kilda flourish in no time after a good decisions in coaching oppointments.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 am

Maybe it's time to bring back Choco?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:29 am

Well Simon, you can choose to be eerked. I’m very excited about Buckley finally having a reasonably injury free list to work with and happy to see what happens. I’m pretty optimistic that we will finish in the 5 - 8 group of finalists. As for Choco, oh please for once, can we use some intelligence when appointing coaches? That would prevent me from eerking 🥺
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:18 am

You don't want a premiership coach?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:38 pm

There could be a lot of worse appointments for our next coach than Choco... he wouldn't be my 1st choice, but, considering how good he is with youth and list development and the realistic prospects that we won't be in 'contention' anytime soon (and they pretty much even admitted it when they were justifying only being able to viably continue to pay overs for players when we were vying for a premiership 'with this group' and then backing that up with the way we traded/drafted this year, and set up for grabbing Nick Daicos next year... and then the 'possibility' of being back in the race for and affording a 'gun free agent').

But back to the truth and what will happen... Bucks is now just warming the seat for the next cab on the rank (barring a miracle premiership), imo anyone objectively looking at the situation from the outside (i.e not a one eye Bucks lover) will see that this truth is clearly evident.

The next cab on the rank is a clear choice - why - because he's the best available. Who he is is also clearly evident.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Anyone but Choco for me I’m afraid. He is not the answer to the question of future planning and coaching strategies for the ever changing modern game. Need someone with a state of the art grip of the 2021 and onwards game. I wouldn’t mind a recently retired player who interviews with confidence and well thought out game plans and strategies to take us to the next step. I think this is an achievable task. We have to be prepared to be patient though and this is a huge problem for Collingwood and most fans who want a flag within the next 1 - 2 years. I don’t think this is feasible but I could be totally wrong.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Lazza, ask yourself this - after ten years with an untried coach and pretty much zero success do you think the club will go for an inexperienced... recently retired... player? Or is this code speak for Brad Hodge? Or perhaps Mitchell?! Neither is going to happen.. and the last thing the club is going to do is go for an inexperienced coach... Just for a minute imagine we did go for a coach like that and it was a total failure - who'd be with egg on their face... the inexperienced coach? or the fools who selected him?!

They're are going to go for the best and most experienced coach available... and for some at our club, its going to be rough because the choice is obvious... and many here dislike him. Right now we don't need to be romantic and select a hero, we need to hire a professional.

It's not a perfect match and they rarely are, but quietly... I'm fairly optimistic.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:21 pm

You are probably right and I need to move on from my unresolved anger from when the bloody captain of Collingwood decided to chase money at a new team interstate. Treasonous low act IMO.😡🤬
However if Collingwood go with Choco, I will never ever give up on my dearest maggies but will take a backseat next season and observe from a distance. The issue is that many young posters here and even some players wouldn’t know about his bastard act and Collingwood probably don’t want to get into a shit fight. So it is quite feasible and likely that they will appoint Choco 🥺😟 And as a lifelong loyal supporter I wish him the very best if he gets the gig. BTW, I never meant Hodge or Mitchell. I meant what I said, get a recently retired player familiar with the ever evolving modern game.

Last edited by Lazza on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:25 pm

It won't be Choco.. you're safe.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Hope you are right Wolf. Phew! 😯
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 pm

It won't be Brad Hodge either. Just saying. Luke Hodge maybe.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:25 am

The problem with Brad is he was only really noted for the short game version. We’re now back to full quarters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 5 of 49   

Jump to: