Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:
If you think Joffa should be no the board then I would suggest you do not really understand how a board functions. Also perhaps you would like to enlighten us about the people on the Collingwood board that are self promoting corporate stooges? If my assumption is correct, I would expect you don't really know much about any one them except Paul Licuria and more recently Jodie Sizer.

Perhaps you like to just throw criticism from the cheap seats rather than truly understand if what you are saying is factual.

I didn't say Joffa should be on the board. I said I would rather have him on the board than many of the self-promoting corporate flogs we currently have. I haven't changed my mind.

You assume I know nothing about the board? Let's see what I know shall we?

Of the board members you didn't mention we have these fine people...

Peter Murphy runs an investment firm that isn’t an ‘investment firm’ at all apparently, it’s “a way of thinking that challenges paradigms” and which “Empowers people with passion to chase their dreams to change the world”

So, an investment firm then.

That kind of posturing, self-aggrandising bulltish should make anyone uncomfortable.

Mark Korda runs a company of receivers, which some may suggest prey on, and profit, from the misfortune of others. I'm sure he's dedicated to the common man in the stand and the interests of typical Collingwood supporters.

Alex Waislitz The son-in-law of villainous Carlton arsehole Richard Pratt. Say no more.

Mark Anderson, late of the Essendon Football Club. Diehard Pies man, I’m sure.

Christine Holgate, chief watch giver at Australia Post. Let’s see what the Prime Minister makes of her…

“so appalled and shocked was I by that behaviour, as any shareholder would in a company raise their outrage if they had seen that conduct, by a chief executive, the management or the board”
Scott Morrison, Australian Prime Minister

What a fine group of Collingwood people we're left with after Ed was knifed. I'm glad you're so comfortable with them.

It was up to you to explain why they are 'self promoting corporate stooges'. As an example of how weak your rationale and analysis is, you judged the Alex Waislitz on the integrity of his ex-wife's father. Nice going, you preally proved your point.

If you were really honest with yourself you would admit that you really have no idea but instead you provided some superficial google sourced tid bits which offer no real insight into the quality of their contribution and their overall contribution to the board or the corporate world.

I suppose that is the reality of 'debating' on social media. There is no accountability to sticking to facts and there are no winners because the facts are seemingly trivial...

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:51 am

Redlight wrote:
What a fine group of Collingwood people we're left with after Ed was knifed. I'm glad you're so comfortable with them.

Just wondering which of the people you mentioned you think Ed didn't approve of? Smile

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:34 am

Lucky for Nicks BB that the media don’t sniff around here otherwise the club would have to create a whole department to condemn the views of club members and supporters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

....Particularly after a loss.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:19 am

slangman wrote:
Lucky for Nicks BB that the media don’t sniff around here otherwise the club would have to create a whole department to condemn the views of...

You alone would keep someone in gainful employment I reckon

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:28 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
slangman wrote:
Lucky for Nicks BB that the media don’t sniff around here otherwise the club would have to create a whole department to condemn the views of...

Happy to do my bit to get people a job 😁

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:18 am

Redlight wrote:
If you think Joffa should be no the board then I would suggest you do not really understand how a board functions. Also perhaps you would like to enlighten us about the people on the Collingwood board that are self promoting corporate stooges? If my assumption is correct, I would expect you don't really know much about any one them except Paul Licuria and more recently Jodie Sizer.

Perhaps you like to just throw criticism from the cheap seats rather than truly understand if what you are saying is factual.

I didn't say Joffa should be on the board. I said I would rather have him on the board than many of the self-promoting corporate flogs we currently have. I haven't changed my mind.

Christine Holgate was 'cancelled' by a corrupt Govt and a marketing bloke with no substance as our PM. Funny how she was accused of giving execs watches, when Morrison et al handout taxpayers dollars to all their mates and lobbyists, and people like you don't bat an eyelid.

Joffa Corfe saw how the media focussed on him during games, so he self appointed himself lead spokesperson for all Collingwood supporters.

I never liked the guy, regardless of what things he did for the community, lots of people do that.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:12 pm

<Snip - please learn to use the quote function properly. It isn't that hard and you can check to see if you have attributed to the correct poster - and edit afterwards, if required - Pies4shaw for BBMods>

This is my lifelong pet hate🤬 Blatant double standards and hypocrisy unfortunately exist in just about all facets of life. All you can do is to call it out, confront and challenge it or ignore it as an issue you cannot ever win☹️

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:38 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
It was up to you to explain why they are 'self promoting corporate stooges'. As an example of how weak your rationale and analysis is, you judged the Alex Waislitz on the integrity of his ex-wife's father. Nice going, you preally proved your point.

If you were really honest with yourself you would admit that you really have no idea but instead you provided some superficial google sourced tid bits which offer no real insight into the quality of their contribution and their overall contribution to the board or the corporate world.

I suppose that is the reality of 'debating' on social media. There is no accountability to sticking to facts and there are no winners because the facts are seemingly trivial...

I'll ignore your condescending tone and keep it simple.

The board members that remain after the departure of Ed are the same networking resume fillers as you'll find on many boards.

It's not as if we haven't seen their recent form. The cowardly way they've dealt with controversial events, Eddie McGuire and Joffa are perfect examples, illustrates the character of the group. Their actions, or lack thereof, speak volumes.

Whenever the pressure is on they exhibit the same spineless PR driven non-responses you'd expect from any mid-level management at a large company.

Remember Korda and Murphy's stirring response to the recent problems? Their defence of the club and the call to rally around, their assurances to the many Collingwood supporters that the club was in good hands and not to lose faith?

No. Neither do I.

These people have little or no 'Collingwood' in them. They have no sympathy with, nor understanding of, the typical Collingwood supporter and the themes that are woven through the clubs history and that make it what it is (or was).

Ed was a rare event. A true Collingwood supporter with a working class background, links to the top end of town and a love for the terraces. Someone who knew what it was to stand on empty beer cans at Vic Park so they could see and suffer the heartbreak and the triumphs over a cold pie.

What we're left with are a bunch of self-promoting corporate stooges who'll tut a bad loss and clink Chardonnay glasses to celebrate a win while they build their networks. They won't be beetroot red in the stands or shedding a tear of joy or pain. When it all goes pear shaped they'll just move on without a second thought.

Ed was the soul of that board. He's gone, knife in back, and taken the last true link to the Collingwood of old with him.

I predict that we have a dire few years ahead of us with these goons in charge (I'm tipping they'll find one of their own is just exactly the right person to be the next President, surprise, surprise) and, sadly, I fear we're headed more on the trajectory followed by Carlton than we are that of Richmond.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Rash, generalised stereotypical claims/jokes are offensive. Joffa threw himself under the bus, just like Eddie did. Did the Royal Commission into aged care uncover systemic neglect by Indian people solely? COME ON!!
I'm glad Eddie's gone.
I keep saying it....Eddie was always just about EDDIE!
People have to be held accountable for the hurt and shame they bring upon others.
How about we value people who say and do things to "make others look good"? And if it's to the contrary, we call them out on it!
It's not rocket science!

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:25 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
Eddie was always just about EDDIE!

I don’t disagree with most of what you said but that’s harsh

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 am

Redlight, Peggy O'Neal is a Lawyer who did not support Richmond until about 25 years ago. I can only imagine what generalisation you would use about her if she was on the board at Collingwood....
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:

Eddie and I have had our differences, but that is a manifestly untrue statement.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
slangman wrote:

😂😂

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

Eddie and I have had our differences, but that is a manifestly untrue statement.

It is manifestly untrue no matter what one thinks of Eddie. He did a lot of good for the club, a lot of good for others but stayed way too long. He is not a racist but said some dumb and racist things. I still think he was unfairly treated in the end and didn’t deserve the treatment meted to him.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Redlight wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:

I'll ignore your condescending tone and keep it simple.

The board members that remain after the departure of Ed are the same networking resume fillers as you'll find on many boards.

It's not as if we haven't seen their recent form. The cowardly way they've dealt with controversial events, Eddie McGuire and Joffa are perfect examples, illustrates the character of the group. Their actions, or lack thereof, speak volumes.

Whenever the pressure is on they exhibit the same spineless PR driven non-responses you'd expect from any mid-level management at a large company.

Remember Korda and Murphy's stirring response to the recent problems? Their defence of the club and the call to rally around, their assurances to the many Collingwood supporters that the club was in good hands and not to lose faith?

No. Neither do I.

These people have little or no 'Collingwood' in them. They have no sympathy with, nor understanding of, the typical Collingwood supporter and the themes that are woven through the clubs history and that make it what it is (or was).

Ed was a rare event. A true Collingwood supporter with a working class background, links to the top end of town and a love for the terraces. Someone who knew what it was to stand on empty beer cans at Vic Park so they could see and suffer the heartbreak and the triumphs over a cold pie.

What we're left with are a bunch of self-promoting corporate stooges who'll tut a bad loss and clink Chardonnay glasses to celebrate a win while they build their networks. They won't be beetroot red in the stands or shedding a tear of joy or pain. When it all goes pear shaped they'll just move on without a second thought.

Ed was the soul of that board. He's gone, knife in back, and taken the last true link to the Collingwood of old with him.

I predict that we have a dire few years ahead of us with these goons in charge (I'm tipping they'll find one of their own is just exactly the right person to be the next President, surprise, surprise) and, sadly, I fear we're headed more on the trajectory followed by Carlton than we are that of Richmond.

I don't agree that Eddie was knifed – I think he was very much the author of his own demise – but I do agree with a lot of the rest. He was a rarity in his passion for the club, and whoever replaces him probably will be as you describe. To some extent, it may not matter all that much – render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and all that, and the important things will continue to happen on the field – but one does fear that it greatly increases the risk of tone-deaf decisions and bowing to absurd AFL demands. As a case in point, I don't think anyone but Eddie would have pushed back on the clash jumper mandate, and you can reasonably expect his replacement to get in line the next time the AFL come knocking to ask us to introduce cheerleaders, play home games in Broome or whatever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27   

Jump to: