Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

North Melbourne are our main AFLW rival

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:01 pm
Post subject: North Melbourne are our main AFLW rivalReply with quote

Based on the history between Carlton and Collingwood in the mens, that will of course be considered a rivalry in the AFLW, just because it's Carlton.

But North came into this competition, taking a few of our players with them. Namely Emma King and Jasmine Garner, two players that have become All-Australian and other major award winners.

After they entered the comp, we dipped. We finished last on the ladder, while they improved and have played finals in 2020 and 2021. (They would have in 2019, except the stupid conference ladder and top 2 finish).

In 2020 they knocked us out in our first ever finals appearance, by 2 points at Ikon Park. And we have now made up for that with a 6 point win today!!

We've now beaten them twice. Earlier this season for the first time and now again today. The head-to-head ledger is now 2-2.

It feels good to knock them out. As you can see, I believe them to be our main rival in the early years of this comp.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably, my rates are spent propping them up, just like they are spent propping up the AFL rabble. I want this rivalry to be 22 to 2 our way next time I notice.
2010 again please 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with north melbourne but the crows are the ones i feel the crows are the only team we have not beaten as yet since the begining of the aflw comp. Crows seam to make all our hard work unravel when we play the crows nothing seams to work well for us. Great to get one back on north. Also as always carlton too was great to finally beat them in the season opener for the first time ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: