Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Bucks says some weird things like Grundy winning so many tap outs irrelevant

Players don’t like Adam Treloar

Sorry but watching his pressers are painful

Well, the first is probably what he really believes.

The second is a lie no one believes.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Just gutted by the result.

So close, shocking umpiring.

Impressed by Daicos.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 pm

how come we can lock the ball in our forward line for 10 minutes at the end of a prelim final without letting anyone score when we need only one goal to win it, but we cant lock the ball in our forward line for one minutes when we need to preserve a one goal lead.

Where was the Grundy tap to the base of the pack with a pack to firm and another ball up?

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Fluke I guess.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 pm

E wrote:
how come we can lock the ball in our forward line for 10 minutes at the end of a prelim final without letting anyone score when we need only one goal to win it, but we cant lock the ball in our forward line for one minutes when we need to preserve a one goal lead.

Where was the Grundy tap to the base of the pack with a pack to firm and another ball up?

Whooooooaaaaahhhhh, and it make me wonder......
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Very harsh guys😥 If you know your footy, you’d know that young players can have some inconsistency. Experience and maturity will fix this problem but this takes time. Most fans here do not have the patience required and TBH, I don’t blame them. I’m impatient as well but what is the answer? We need to play some kids (which we have done) but the other side of the coin of doing this is that we will lose some games. It’s a fine balancing act.

True Comarade, but the young Swannies have shown, that kids are the way too go, was rapt they smashed those arrogant Tigers. I hope our young kids coming in now, can emulate them. Idea

The Swans kids come through their academy and the club has a superior development system whereby young players can commence their careers competitively. Collingwood’s debutants genarally are unready and need to learn within AFL games. It’s called a complete lack of player development.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Redlight wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
Sorry mate but your way to negative - WB we played crap. Fumble , fumble missed tackled, dropped mark we played poorly. Carlton completely changed it up - no way we were going to lose.
Last night we should have won.
If we played as well as we ‘ve done in the last 2 weeks against WB - the a 16 point margin looks easily surmountable. So we could be 3-0 and thats including against 2 Likely Top 4 teams.

I think a lot of people's 'great effort, nearly got there' tolerance has well-and-truly worn out.
Painting it in a positive light is like trying to see the upside in only losing by five points in the 2018 GF.

The fact is that we're 1-2. That's a million miles from 3-0.

If we're a 6-10 team, then against a flag favourite its was an excellent performance - you cannot argue anything esle.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 pm

ThePieMind wrote:

If we're a 6-10 team, then against a flag favourite its was an excellent performance - you cannot argue anything esle.

I call BS. We were up 44 - 19 at one point. We simply couldn't put the foot on the throat and kill the game. Then, notwithstanding the lapse that allowed the Lions in, we couldn't control the game for a mere 45 seconds to win the game. This was so far from "an excellent performance" that it's painful.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 pm

The club’s takeouts...

5 Things We Learned: Pies vs Lions
Here are the 5 things we learned from the narrow defeat to the Lions on Thursday night
by Patrick Quay (collingwoodfc.com.au)

There were plenty of learnings to take from Thursday nights heart breaking defeat to the Lions, here are some of the key ones:

<Snip - to avoid copyright problems, please just paste the link, not the text. Thanks, Pies4shaw for BBMods> https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/895098/5-things-we-learned-pies-vs-lions
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 pm

[quote="RudeBoy"]To lose on the last kick of the night was devastating, but we played pretty well most of the game.

Our biggest problem is that we have a couple of players who simply do not do near enough, in WHE and Callum Brown, the latter being not skilled enough to play at this level.

Unfortunately, given Grundy had virtually no opponent in the ruck, the fact we still couldn't win was not good.

I thought Sier was terrific and Thomas' tackling was ferocious. Overall, we needed a bit more from De Goey. We could/should have won the game, so it's not all doom and gloom. Remember, the Lions are considered a top 4 team. We are a good side, but we need to improve to beat the top sides.[/quote

This.

After wading through 10 pages of attacks on Bucks, that are way overegged, this is my take as well.

Id see if we can get Travis Clokes glove for Cox though....

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:13 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

I call BS. We were up 44 - 19 at one point. We simply couldn't put the foot on the throat and kill the game. Then, notwithstanding the lapse that allowed the Lions in, we couldn't control the game for a mere 45 seconds to win the game. This was so far from "an excellent performance" that it's painful.

Exactly my sentiments.
A professional team would have possessed the ball in the last 45 secs. There was too much at stake.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 pm

KickTruly wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Exactly my sentiments.
A professional team would have possessed the ball in the last 45 secs. There was too much at stake.
yep, couldnt agree more
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Then players who don’t think a game out should be just that. ☄️Out

I recall the good years when we had the “forward press”. The ability to pressure the other sides defence to lock ball in our fifty

Well both WHE and C Brown are almost incapable of that —-JDG or Billy could to a degree but Billy out and JDG is split between mid and forward

I’m hoping Beau Mac with his known tackling in the 50 to increase this factor
Locked in our fifty for 45 seconds makes a final eight seconds goal unlikely

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:18 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I recall the good years when we had the “forward press”. The ability to pressure the other sides defence to lock ball in our fifty

Those were the years when we also supposedly had a fitness advantage over the oppo.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am

Brownlow votes:

3. S.Pendlebury (COL)

2. B.Grundy (COL)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21   

Jump to: