Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm
Post subject: The Round 6 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

As the season whirlpools into darkness and failure, where can you turn?

You could get an apology from Collingwood president Mark Korda. He's handing them out by the dozens.

Or you can get the unabashed insight into Collingwood from Sly and Spook.

This week Sly and Spook cover the Anzac Day loss, Ex-Player Watch, the new Collingwood President, and the upcoming clash against the Gold Coast Suns.

All on The Rant!

Check out the Round 6 Episode on YouTube.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The intros are getting better (and more poignant) by the week. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry this week, but nevertheless, very clever boys!!!

Agreed with all you had to say, especially playing the newbies in the positions they've been training and playing in throughout their preparations for AFL. Otherwise, all it's going to do is destroy any confidence they may have had very quickly.

Liked your finishing suggestions about concentrating on the mid-field for starters, to try and get some life and energy back into it. More constructive comments like that would be great - we need them to help boost our spirits!!! Wink
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:43 pm

love your dry humour guys...captures so well the tragic existence of every Collingwood apasianado...
i find that watching your podcast after yet another loss at least to some extent takes the sting out of it.

DT 

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:35 am

Brilliant exposition. We do need boardroom change at Collingwood. I do think Wrighty is a real positive and if we could jag Clarkson and get rid of Hine it could turn around in three years
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:29 pm
Post subject: The Round 7 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

Collingwood has crashed to a 1-6 beginning to the season following an inglorious loss to the Gold Coast Suns at the MCG.

You know the problems: poor skills, poor decision making, poor shape around the ball, a lack of defensive accountability, a lack of midfield synergy, a lack of connectivity been the forwards, midfielders, and defenders, a lack of desire, and ... well, it's a broken record.

How many times can we cry the same lament?

So this episode we look at Nathan Buckley's future, the administration's short-sightedness, whether fans can criticise the club, the great jumper debate, the Collingwood button, and preview the next game against North Melbourne!

All on The Rant!

Check out the Round 7 Episode on YouTube.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:40 pm
Post subject: Re: The Round 7 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

Sly wrote:
Collingwood has crashed to a 1-6 beginning to the season following an inglorious loss to the Gold Coast Suns at the MCG.

You know the problems: poor skills, poor decision making, poor shape around the ball, a lack of defensive accountability, a lack of midfield synergy, a lack of connectivity been the forwards, midfielders, and defenders, a lack of desire, and ... well, it's a broken record.

How many times can we cry the same lament?

So this episode we look at Nathan Buckley's future, the administration's short-sightedness, whether fans can criticise the club, the great jumper debate, the Collingwood button, and preview the next game against North Melbourne!

All on The Rant!

Check out the Round 7 Episode on YouTube.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.

Guys, I have not yet watched the entire podcast, I have just watched the
introduction. And I had to push the pause button (not the Collingwood button, FFS!!) because I was so debilitated with laughter. That intro guys was comic genius of a very high order. Absolutely loved it. And I feel great right now, because I have the rest of your podcast to look forward to!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:34 pm

^ I had the same reaction to the introduction MTTM. Best laugh I've had about the footy since the season began. Just hilarious, which is strange really, because it signifies exactly the disaster that is happening across all areas of the club.

You two do a superb job and obviously put enormous amounts of thought and emotion into the show each week. It IS greatly appreciated. I can also fully understand that you have the need to vent, which is also what's happening here on Nick's.

The trouble was, by about ten minutes in, my eyes started to glaze over and my ears to close. Not your fault at all. It's just that, like the issue of the Port prison bar jumper, the issues that face us Pies supporters right now just keep getting recycled, over and over in slightly different forms, everywhere one looks. Come to think of it, the same thing is probably happening with the players!!!!!

You both have far more advanced football brains that me, so I am humbly asking if you could come up with some ideas about what could be done, with selection, with game plan, with player positioning etc that could maybe inject some spark, both into the team and jaded supporters like myself, from hereon in for the next game (s) ..... regardless of who the coach is and who we're playing Smile. I am just so desperate to hear about something more stimulating! Smile

That aside, love your work and thanks for it!!!!

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:45 pm
Post subject: Re: The Round 7 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

error in posting
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:22 pm

Love your work, Sly and Spook.

Agree with much of what you say, particularly around the senior coach.

Though, I do care about the jumper issue with Port Adelaide.

Last edited by Jezza on Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:43 pm

I actually watched a bit, good work.
DT 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:48 pm

I think the instability in the constant churn of football directors under Buckley’s tenure has been damaging for the club. At last we have a good one in G Wright, who should stay there for years.

And what a huge job he has to help rebuild the club.

Enjoyed your analysis and humour.

I agree that Pies are stuffed for at least three years and potentially longer if we don’t fix the issues and make good appointments

DT 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:48 pm

I think the instability in the constant churn of football directors under Buckley’s tenure has been damaging for the club. At last we have a good one in G Wright, who should stay there for years.

And what a huge job he has to help rebuild the club.

Enjoyed your analysis and humour.

I agree that Pies are stuffed for at least three years and potentially longer if we don’t fix the issues and make good appointments

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:21 pm
Post subject: The Round 8 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

It's the mockbuster we've all been waiting for: 17th vs 18th!

And it didn't disappoint. Poor skills, fumbling, slipping over, and virtually no tension.

But Collingwood limped away with the four points and shot up to 16th on the ladder.

Sly and Spook look at the game, the way Nathan Buckley is perceived in the media, Tweets about the club, the jumper debate, and the upcoming game against Sydney.

All on the Rant!

Check out the Round 8 Episode on YouTube.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Another great episode.

I've always thought the "white with black stripes" jumper should be our home jumper, so I'm glad that discussion is gathering some momentum. Nothing wrong with the current home jumper, but I think it's better off being used sparingly particular against teams such as Geelong and North Melbourne.

The media's stance in relation to Buckley baffles me as well. I've never seen a coach receive such lenient treatment after 10 seasons despite the team's poor ladder position and performance. Look at David Teague in comparison, he's only coached about 35 games for Carlton and he's already under pressure to deliver.

The need for an outsider to be our next coach goes without saying. Most of our success in the past 50 years can be traced back to the Hafey, Matthews and Malthouse years.

Don't entirely agree on your stance when it comes to Port Adelaide and wearing the "prison bar" jumpers. They relinquished that right when they entered the AFL in the 1990s, so the club needs to hold firm and preclude them wearing it in order to protect our brand and trademarks. Contracts were signed in the 90s and they should be legally enforceable.

Lastly, an EGM is tempting to shake up the club but I don't think the rival ticket led by Jeff Browne is the answer. He's too close to McGuire and I've been informed his camp are in favour of keeping Buckley. If an EGM was triggered and a vote went to the members, I would reluctantly vote Korda based on the information I'm aware of right now.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:38 pm
Post subject: The Round 9 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now up!Reply with quote

Can it get any uglier than this?

We would desperately hope it can't.

But we gravely fear it will.

Join Sly and Spook in their anger as they look at the loss to the Swans, and the greater debacle that is currently the Collingwood Football Course trying to plod their way into the future with the same inelegance and purposelessness as their football team's gameplan.

All on the Rant!

Check out the Round 9 episode on YouTube or check out the podcast.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 21 of 27   

Jump to: