Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well Bugger me.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:44 am
Post subject: Well Bugger me.Reply with quote

New Technology all the time.

Just had to go to the GP, 6 monthly reprimand and get some new tablets. Regular GP is off on Bub leave so gave a new one a test drive. Pretty good.

Anyway, when renewing the scripts, she said I could have them in paper or paperless. Paperless means they send either a text to my phone or an email for each script. I chose to go email so if I lose or break my phone I have a backup.

So, emailed me the scripts, I rock into the pharmacy and say i've got some e-scrips here, how do we do this?

They have a little QR code scanner behind a screen. So I open the first email, tap on a link in that, it opens a QR code, I scan that, bingo. Repeat for others.

After the pharmacy fulfills the scripts, I get new emails with new links which I assume show the number of times dispensed and how many repeats are left.

Bugger me. Only 6 months ago with Covid I had to do the Dr appointment over the phone and they faxed the scripts to the pharmacy and I got the paper when I went to collect them.

Now, as long as I have a device on me that can access my email, I can access the scripts. I don't need to worry about the paper ones in a drawer, they're basically always with me.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no deal here. Pharmacies everywhere and what I need a scrip for in Australia I get for a pittance and over the counter. Stuff t like omeoorezole for ulcers.

When I last went back I took 3 months supply and the customs bloke queried me. I said well if you want to charge go for it but I will take it to court and we will see how the Government and the drug companies like the bad publicity because I will go to jail for refusing to submit the Australian taxpayer to medicare visit and PBS subsidies. He let me through. 4 dollars here for what costs 38 in Australia. And that was 5 years ago.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So Victoria is twice the size of England. Shocked

This is a cool website. https://mapfight.xyz/

You can compare maps of different places, even historic things like the roman empire.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: