Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stuff my mum says

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one to be overly sentimental, I've been told that now the Dog's dead she plans to nuke the back yard with Rat poison, and hopefully take out possums as well.

We have both. The possums eat the pot plants and garden plants, despite having lots of trees to choose from and the rats chew holes in things to get to food they like. Both animals poop looks very similar so it's hard to pick who's most annoying. Mum's encountered rats before but despite growing up and living in the bush for 76 years before moving to Melbourne, she'd never seen a possum, never had them in her house or garden and as such she really now doesn't like them.

On a side note, the neighbor caught me recently. He (or his wife) think that my Corella in a cage is the reason for them having possums and rats. He asked me if I had a problem if he raised the fence.

I responded, make the fkn fence as high as you like, it aint keeping possums and rats out of your yard. Confused

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:40 pm

^ why do you have a corella in a cage?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:23 am

^

He can't fly. He lived in the tree canopy at mums old house for years, after Dad died she wanted the bird gone so I caught him, bought him to Melbourne and built him a cage out of steel mesh 180cm high and 150cm square.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 am

aww that was nice of you

not sentimental at all!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

aww that was nice of you

think positive Libra

Side By Side

aww that was nice of you

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 am

Stuff my Mum says:

Last weekend when Mrs WPT & I were in Adelaide our oldest flew to Melbourne for a few days and caught up with her Grandmother who lives in an Aged Care Facility and who has Alzheimer’s.

So the oldest shows Mum a photo of her boyfriend and Mum says

“He’s good looking but doesn’t look all there” 😂

This from a woman who by definition is “not all there” 😉

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:08 am

watt price tully wrote:
Stuff my Mum says:

Last weekend when Mrs WPT & I were in Adelaide our oldest flew to Melbourne for a few days and caught up with her Grandmother who lives in an Aged Care Facility and who has Alzheimer’s.

So the oldest shows Mum a photo of her boyfriend and Mum says

“He’s good looking but doesn’t look all there” 😂

This from a woman who by definition is “not all there” 😉

OMG! That’s hysterical!

So, does he? Is he??!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:42 pm

😂 He’s a good sort. My oldest and her BF seem very happy together ( despite him batting out his league )’
They both work hard and are into fitness big time.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Haven't been here for a while despite having plenty of material.

So just a few minutes ago, Mum informs me that she really enjoyed herself last night watching Eddie take on Caro on Footy Classified.

Her concerted opinion is that Caro is as dumb as dog shit and Eddie owned her.

Clearly no signs of dementia there.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 pm

Not really what Mum said as much as took Mum out for a walk, coffee and brunch. Her Alzheimer’s makes her a bit impulsive so at 86 she saw a top she likes but thought it was too expensive for the item. Then we passed an up market of sorts op shop and she tried on a top : quite cheap, she would never wear it in a million years. I asked them to put it away for 10 minutes by which time she may have forgotten about it. After brunch which was 300 Mts away and across the road she said she couldn’t recall which shop but they had put away her top. I was able to distract her and say I didn’t have the money. That worked thank god.

Only thought about matricide twice which was pretty good going 😉

She enjoyed her coffee and 1/2 bagel with filling while I had eggs, bacon, spinach and tomatoes 😄

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 pm

thats sounds very vegetarian!!!

good on you mate, its such a hard thing to do, i remember having to use a bib for mum when i pushed her wheel chair to the local LaPorcettas, and the looks were less than kind. cheers

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Talking about stuff, mum mentions that her and my Nan got a flight from Albury to Sydney for a holiday and took me when I was 2.

She said the flight crew chick asked if I wanted to go into the cockpit and mum let her take me.

I remember that. Shocked I remember being in the cockpit of a plane and the pilot pointing stuff out to me but I had NFI when it happened.

She also explained how she got the admin job she had from when I was 2 until she bought the milk bar when I was 6. My Grandfather. Dad's Dad.

My dad had a fondness for alcohol and a dislike of paying bills. I can relate in some ways. So when the owner of the flour mill needed an admin chick, my grandfather found out and went to the bloke who ran it. He told him my mum was looking for admin work, had experience and he was willing to take care of 2 year old me while she was at work. The boss rocked up at home, offered mum the job and she jumped at it.

This was in the 60's.

So for the next few years until I started school I'd spend my weekdays mixed between the preeschool and Grandads place while mum worked 9-5.

I remember sitting in the front passenger seat of the old Morris Minor at 2-5 years old, no seatbelt, no child seat, while mum flung around corners ignoring speed limits because she was late, yelling at me to pull the door closed when the passenger side door suddenly flew open when she took a corner on 2 wheels.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 pm

Although I don't think I ever got up there, even when I was a kid it was apparently still a thing for pilots to let kids into the cockpit during flights.

What a difference 9/11 made there!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:47 pm

So we went to lunch today.

Meat and Wine co in Hawthorn East, right on the corner at Camberwell Junction. I used to live in the area and I think the old building used to be a bank, but I digress.

So we're sitting at the table, checking out the inside, I said that I thought the building used to be a bank.
Mum pipes in with, "so there's probably no toilets here then"
Daughter explained that they do and why.

Then after mains, there were left over ribs, Mum tells daughter to wrap the leftovers in a napkin and put them in her handbag. That was how they did stuff back in the 70's. Laughing
So when the service chick came round to clear up, I asked if she could please put the leftover ribs in a take away container, which she did, nice cardboard one. Mum was very impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: