Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley Appreciation Thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the greatest figures in our clubs history. What else can you say?

Theres been nothing but praise for Bucks all week, and some from some very surprising outlets. Nicks BB on the other hand is where I've seen a lot of the stupid stuff said.

It's a very strange feeling tonight. I'm wrapped we beat Melbourne. Absolutely wrapped. Had a good feeling about this game for ages. But I also feel gutted that Bucks will leave Collingwood with everything except a flag... and half way through a season.

Bucks became a better person and better coach as time went on. But people want success and want it now. With all signs suggesting we're going to have to start over, it was time to bring in a new coach after ten years at the club. I dont like or trust the current board. But I'm glad he leaves with some dignity.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:25 pm

This bloke can coach.
He will coach at another club with 10yrs of IP and experience and be successful.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm

^ It'd be surprising, statistically, if that occurred. I wish him every success, of course - how could you not? - but having had 10 years of "IP" on our watch and at extraordinary expense to us, if he did go on and coach successfully, that would just tend to confirm that he never should have been appointed coach at Collingwood at the time he was, in the first place.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Looking through all the visuals from yesterday, I found it uplifting to continually see the beaming smile on the face of Bucks. He looked genuinely happy and relieved, like huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. I can understand that!

The only time he looked the slightest bit aggrieved was when Korda grasped his hand. Interesting.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:27 pm

interesting indeed! I thought he looked 10 years younger too, he will go on to make plenty as a commentator, I have to wonder why he would coach again, why go through the stress? unless of course it was to come back!!!! or maybe Port!!

what ever he does, i wish him well

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:32 pm

I hope eddiesmith saw Travis Clokes recent post about Bucks. Razz
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 pm

Thank you thank you thank you Bucks!
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:54 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ It'd be surprising, statistically, if that occurred. I wish him every success, of course - how could you not? - but having had 10 years of "IP" on our watch and at extraordinary expense to us, if he did go on and coach successfully, that would just tend to confirm that he never should have been appointed coach at Collingwood at the time he was, in the first place.

Not sure how you think IP is developed.
The guy coached an injury decimated team to a kick from a GF win.
That "expense" is exactly my point - guess its another team that gets to benefit from it given we are too fickle to take advantage.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

I wish Nathan all the best but, like you, if he goes on to be successful at another club, I'll bemoan the wasted 3-5 years of on-the-job work experience we gave him from 2012.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 pm

I predict that Port Adelaide will acquire his services and win another flag before Collingwood does. Seems logical to me because Bucks has a special history with them, playing in successful teams.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:38 pm

Lazza wrote:
I predict that Port Adelaide will acquire his services and win another flag before Collingwood does. Seems logical to me because Bucks has a special history with them, playing in successful teams.

I wish him well and I think he will have an outstanding media career, but it will be next to impossible to get another senior coaching job - he's too defensive and there are too many other options out there, having said that I'd be shocked is Ross Lyon isn't either coaching us or the Blues next year - so you never know, for Nathan it'll all be about timing but I think the odds are stacked against him. In the end it won't matter as he will have a long career as a special comments commentator, and football talk shows. He'll never ever want for a job.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Lazza wrote:

He was captained, of course, by the great Mark Williams. Williams won premierships with Port Adelaide as a player in 4 out of his 5 seasons (well, 41/2, really - he went home from Brisbane during 1990 and won that flag) with them. Of course, Williams was just an incredibly successful leader, as his time at Port Power as coach also demonstrated.
Lord Maximus Farquaad Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:38 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Not sure how you think IP is developed.
The guy coached an injury decimated team to a kick from a GF win.
That "expense" is exactly my point - guess its another team that gets to benefit from it given we are too fickle to take advantage.

There's basically no IP in football. That's just a statement that was manufactured in the media by buffoons that had nothing else to talk about. Every game is recorded and analysed. Every training session is watched. Many players and coaches swap clubs every year. Can you tell me what it is that is actually IP? I bet that you can't.

Perhaps there is one small area which is in the strength and conditioning area but that's something the senior coach knows nothing about.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:20 pm

Will he go into media—coach another AFL club or the whisper that he may return to Alberton Oval
themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Lazza wrote:

Yes, he won a flag with them.

Played a full year in a lower division, oh please.

🙄
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: