Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Congrats Saba.

Sort of funny that your first grandchild will be a NSW citizen. Razz

If it's a girl....they can call her Gladys
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:49 am

stui magpie wrote:
Got my letter from work, extending contract for 12 months and a pay rise. Very Happy

Great stuff, good to have some certainty.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:57 am

Keto week 2. Lost 2-3 kg. Tuesday starts week 3. Spin class this morning and hopefully ride to Frankston tomorrow. I’ve been doing spin classes on the weekend.

With respect to the high fat low carbs regular protein I take food to work & heat it up there. The supermarkets sell cauliflower and cauliflower/broccoli frozen “rice” which is very handy. My goal is to lose 10 -15 kg. I’d lost 13.5 the first time I did it but added about 7-8 in about 15 months.

Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:58 am

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Congrats Saba.

Sort of funny that your first grandchild will be a NSW citizen. Razz

If it's a girl....they can call her Gladys

😂😉😜

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Keto week 2. Lost 2-3 kg. Tuesday starts week 3. Spin class this morning and hopefully ride to Frankston tomorrow. I’ve been doing spin classes on the weekend.

With respect to the high fat low carbs regular protein I take food to work & heat it up there. The supermarkets sell cauliflower and cauliflower/broccoli frozen “rice” which is very handy. My goal is to lose 10 -15 kg. I’d lost 13.5 the first time I did it but added about 7-8 in about 15 months.

Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.

I've managed to keep the weight at about 90kg for the past 9 months. I buy bread and biscuits/cakes for the old girl, I just don't eat them. Or at least only rarely.

I've discovered that you can eat the bad stuff, provided it's the exception

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.[/quote]

The advantage of being a tightarse! Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Laughing Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:20 pm

KenH wrote:

The advantage of being a tightarse! Wink[/quote]

I want a tight arse 😉

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I've managed to keep the weight at about 90kg for the past 9 months. I buy bread and biscuits/cakes for the old girl, I just don't eat them. Or at least only rarely.

I've discovered that you can eat the bad stuff, provided it's the exception

That’s brilliant. I did well for a long time then slowly but surely .....however I’ve still been cycling / walking and kept relatively fit. If it’s still on I’m doing the 210 km “Around the Bay in a day” in October and the Great Vic bike ride in November/December so I’ve sort of got a goal too.

What was that insulin resistance book u referred to a while ago?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:09 pm

No book, just google it. There's lots of detail about the glycemic index which is all about sugar, google the Insulin Index which takes it to a different level. Stuff that is OK according to the GI is actually not according to the II.

Again, it's about portion size and what you eat.

Once you lose weight, exercise is easier and causes less stress to joints which is really just basic physics so it becomes easier to maintain a healthy weight.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
No book, just google it. There's lots of detail about the glycemic index which is all about sugar, google the Insulin Index which takes it to a different level. Stuff that is OK according to the GI is actually not according to the II.

Again, it's about portion size and what you eat.

Once you lose weight, exercise is easier and causes less stress to joints which is really just basic physics so it becomes easier to maintain a healthy weight.

That’s what I do. Keto is a bit of a generic term but it’s the insulin resistance my GP is in to. I changed GP’s to do this some time ago “LCHF Doctors Down under”. I’m working towards the portion control bit. Last night I had a organic bbq porterhouse ( I used to have 2). I cooked up their home made (low carb) Italian snags to have today but ate ‘em last night Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with steamed veg and salad.

Week 3 on Tuesday I’ll start going harder in terms of portion.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:06 pm

80 Km this morning to Frankston and back. Rode with 2 women who are getting better ( they walked up Olivers Hill).

We stopped for coffee in Frankston & I had a long black with cream. Then left them as I had to get back for work at 14:00 hours.

Love Olivers Hill (going down hill) that is. Got to 62 km’s per hour. Shame it’s over as fast as teenage sex😉

Cold and beautiful morning, the bay was like a grey glass

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Needed a new pair of running shoes. The ones I bought last year still have plenty of sole but I've worn the grip pattern off. Gone A over T once just on damp grass and almost a couple of other times on a bit of slick clay. I never did learn to ice skate.

Depending on the right track, I can jog more now. 5.2km walk this morning in 43 minutes which included a 1.2km jog

Called into the Nike factory outlet at Uni Hill this morning, grabbed a pair of Nike Zoom Pegasus 36. $160 down to $110 and a further 40% off this weekend, got them for $66.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:04 am

Certainly not a fan of Italy but England losing the Euro final certainly made me smile.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:16 pm

^

Yeah, being beaten by the Italian Diving team did bring a slight grin to me as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 50 of 100   

Jump to: