Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
How were the crowds? Up here the shops were packed, I went to buy some stuff, got the register and thought lone is long but should be ok, then I realised oh no the line went around the corner and stretched as far as I could see. Decided the things I was buying weren’t that important and put them back!!!

I went late arvo, crowds were what you would have called normal . Far from packed, not quiet either.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:50 pm

so juniors friend survived 6 rounds of heavy duty chemo, and they think they got it all, going back for more treatment next week as they are worried it got to her spinal column, so hopefully its a JIC!

i dont think i could get happier news right now. breathing a massive, if tentative, sigh of relief!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:16 pm

I'm in Darwin Very Happy

Long day, early dinner at the pub, currently sitting on my deck wearing just undies in 28 degrees having a drink. Bliss.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:28 pm

Due respect to those in lockdown, I'm so happy I'm not there and haven't been locked up.

This will be Mum's last holiday. She's never been to Darwin before and it's fkn hard getting to see some sights when her walking range is around 150 metres and that's using the walker.

I'm getting up at 7am, she's up at 9.30-10am so mornings are mine and I check in with her about midday once she's organised and take her out for a bit.

Working well, good balance so far.

I'm loving having a drink on my deck after dinner in my undies and the slight feel of sunburn on my shoulders.

I needed this and I do feel for all those whoo equally need something like this but missed out. A Friend of mine was flying in to Darwin this Sunday. Was.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:08 pm

So, utterly loved Darwin, being warm and free, then coming back to this shitshow the anxiety that I hadn't had for around 12 months kicked back in. Not crippling but annoying and at least part of that was wanting to get back up to Toc and do some garden maintenance.

It feels like groundhog day, this time last year we were locked up down here and I had to pay a bloke to maintain the yard who took out several new trees with his whippersnipper and neglected to reset the watering system so by the time I was finally able to get up there, stuff was dying and dead.

It's only plants and grass, getting wound up over it is irrational, I know that, doesn't help.

I'd decided to roll the dice and go up tomorrow, do a clean up and then get someone to maintain it. Even went online and got a permit to re-enter Victoria.

Then earlier today in a brief moment of sanity, I bit the bullet and rang a bloke up there. Different bloke to last year. we agreed for him to do what he sees fit and just let me know how much I owe him.

He's just called back from the house, timing was right it's pretty overgrown and needs work so he's on to it.

Decision made and acted on, now to just put that out of the head and trust that it's in good hands until I can get back up.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 pm

yeah my ring camera shows the front lawn needs cutting! but i just want to go there and chill!!! so yeah i getit!!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:47 pm

think positive wrote:
yeah my ring camera shows the front lawn needs cutting! but i just want to go there and chill!!! so yeah i getit!!

Innuendo translation:

My bush needs a trim but I'd rather relax and enjoy a fiddle with it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:06 pm

swoop42 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Innuendo translation:

My bush needs a trim but I'd rather relax and enjoy a fiddle with it.

O. M. G!!!!

well played there!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:14 pm

think positive wrote:

leaving the innuendo aside, I'm glad I made the decision. I've felt a lot better, the weather probably played a part in that.

I don't have internet up there, I could only imagine how it's going. I was confident I could have got there no problems and had planned to take groceries up with me so I could just go from home to home and back, zero risk of transmitting or catching Covid in the community up there if I don't go within 50 metres of any other people, I just wasn't confident I could get back and I couldn't leave the old girl on her own for more than a few days.

Now we're getting into better weather, if the lockdown here continues I'll enact Plan B and take her to Toc and work from there.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:10 pm

Today was the last day of winter. Officially.

However the signs of Spring have been increasing, the weather is warming, the sun is getting up earlier, I can feel it and it makes me happy.

On a secondary note, those doing it hard at the moment and open to trying some meditation, try a phone app called Smiling Mind.

https://www.smilingmind.com.au/

It's a free app, my GP recommended it to me and I've been dabbling with it. I'm not saying it's going to change your life or anything but if you're open to try things, and I'd never tried any form of meditation before, it may help

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:37 pm

4 days in the bush and they found little boy lost, is it suss? who know but hes alive!!! go AJ!!!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:50 pm

think positive wrote:
4 days in the bush and they found little boy lost, is it suss? who know but hes alive!!! go AJ!!!

seems real suss. They'll know if he doesn't show symptoms of malnutrition of being out in the bush for 4 days.

I suspect someone's done a "shit" and dropped him off to be found.

Great outcome though and nice to see good news for a change.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:41 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

seems real suss. They'll know if he doesn't show symptoms of malnutrition of being out in the bush for 4 days.

They found some 72 year old UK man in the mountains jungle in the North of Thailand. He survived on forest fruit and stream water, Got lost bush walking.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:35 pm

ronrat wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

They found some 72 year old UK man in the mountains jungle in the North of Thailand. He survived on forest fruit and stream water, Got lost bush walking.

What would make that story remarkable is if the man got lost when he was 3!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:47 pm

^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Remarkable indeed.

I hadn't been across the kid disappearing and being found, I have no opinion on it but a 72 yr old pom surviving on just fruit and fresh water for more than 24 hours is also pretty special. Razz Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100   

Jump to: