Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 211, 212, 213 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one bites the dust:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/tom-barrack-arrested-uae-trump-inaugural-committee

Quote:
The chair of Donald Trump’s 2017 inaugural committee was arrested on Tuesday on charges alleging he conspired to influence Trump’s foreign policy positions to benefit the United Arab Emirates and commit crimes striking at what prosecutors described as “the very heart of our democracy”.

Tom Barrack, 74, of Santa Monica, California, was among three men charged in federal court in Brooklyn, New York, with conspiring to act as an unregistered foreign agent as they tried to influence foreign policy while Trump was running in 2016 and later while he was president.

Barrack is the latest in a long line of Trump associates to face criminal charges, including his former campaign chair, his former deputy campaign chair, his former chief strategist, his former national security adviser, his former personal lawyer and his company’s longtime chief financial officer.

That last list would be more than a "full house" in a poker hand.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:53 pm

^The term 'scandal inflation' in this piece is an understatement. The third-world level of corruption was so predictable from the outset, and so obvious as it happened. Yet, there they were, fist waving in red hats and forming circles of prayer.

Quote:
So when the billionaire real estate investor Tom Barrack, one of Trump’s biggest fund-raisers, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with acting as an unregistered agent of the United Arab Emirates along with other felonies, it might have seemed like a dog-bites-man story. Barrack was once described by longtime Trump strategist Roger Stone — a felon, naturally — as the ex-president’s best friend. If you knew nothing else about Barrack but that, you might have guessed he’d end up in handcuffs.

Nevertheless, Barrack’s arrest is important. Trump’s dealings with the Emirates and Saudi Arabia deserve to be investigated as thoroughly as his administration’s relationship with Russia. So far, that hasn’t happened. When Robert Mueller, the former special counsel, testified before Congress, Adam Schiff, chair of the House Intelligence Committee, said to him, “We did not bother to ask whether financial inducements from any Gulf nations were influencing U.S. policy, since it is outside the four corners of your report, and so we must find out.” But we have not found out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/23/opinion/trump-tom-barrack-corruption.html

That said, I would rather focus on dealing with Christian extremism than parting the already transparent Trump-Middle East curtain, because as chosen superior humans the worshippers don't accept censure.

The extremist wing of Christianity, replete with terrorists, is willing to entertain any degree of debasement for the cause. We wouldn't call it anything but an extremist cult if it had brown skin or a mere 5,000 followers. It's a massive security risk and destabilising force.

It took a good decade to get a grip on Islamic extremism; it will take even longer to deal with Christian extremism because it's endemic.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:31 pm

It is completely misplaced to keep pretending this can be engaged sensibly:

Quote:
One-fifth of respondents believe it is “definitely true” or “probably true” that COVID-19 vaccinations contain government-issued microchips.

The survey, which polled 1,500 Americans ages 18 and over, was conducted by The Economist/YouGov and published this week.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/563669-alarming-number-of-americans-think-vaccines

So, on top of things like general deprivation which are a battle to deal with already (severe poverty, crime, abuse, mental illness), you've got a fifth of the population - I always say a quarter for good measure - no longer in control of their rational faculties and driven by extreme motivations.

Add to that those driven by extreme motivations who don't count among that fifth but whose madness takes other malignant political forms, and you're creeping up to an absurd proportion of society. Further add classical destructive greed in its worst corporate forms, and you wonder how things hold together at all.

Very easy pickings for malignant narcissists like Trump.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:40 pm

How do such people dress themselves unassisted?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:17 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-31/donald-trump-tax-records-memo-department-justice-election/100339562

Quote:
Former United States president Donald Trump has suffered a pair of setbacks, with the Department of Justice clearing the way for the release of his tax records and also disclosing a memo showing he urged top officials to falsely claim his election defeat was "corrupt".

Handwritten notes taken by then-acting deputy attorney-general Richard Donoghue in December were released on Friday by the chair of the House of Representatives Oversight and Reform Committee, Carolyn Maloney.

They paint a damning picture of Mr Trump as he sought to get the department to take the unprecedented step of intervening to try to upend his 2020 election loss.

Hours later, the department cleared the way for the Internal Revenue Service to hand over Mr Trump's tax records to congressional investigators — a move he has long fought.

The fact that the Justice Department allowed the handwritten notes concerning the election to be turned over the congressional investigators marks a dramatic shift from actions taken during the Trump administration, which repeatedly invoked executive privilege to skirt congressional scrutiny.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:52 am

Never thought a President could be more incoherent than Trump, but here we are with Biden.

I genuinely wonder if Joe is all there. He is en embarrassment. He looks and acts like a lost old man.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:02 am

I think it should be obvious to most by now that he has dementia (which is hardly unusual or unexpected for his age, and was clear during the campaign to anyone not in denial). But I feel like it doesn’t really matter so much as long as he’s good at delegating. In an ideal world, the president shouldn’t actually be doing all that much off his own bat. I guess we’ll see what happens in the lead-up to 2024; expect a Democratic Party bunfight if he decides not to run again.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:40 am

I remember when Reagan was president and people were playing up that he had dementia and he also had access to the nuclear launch codes. One cartoon I recall showed ole Ron laying in bed, with two call buttons on the wall. Once said Nurse, the other Nuke.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:29 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/24/republican-audit-arizona-bigger-lead-biden

Quote:
A partisan, Republican-instigated review of the 2020 election result in Arizona failed to turn up any evidence of widespread fraud, a major blow to Donald Trump and other conspiracy theorists who celebrated the effort.

The investigation, which lasted several months, confirmed that Joe Biden did indeed beat Trump in Maricopa county, the state’s most populous county, Doug Logan, who led the review, told the Arizona senate on Friday. In fact, a hand recount found 99 additional votes forBiden and 261 fewer votes for Trump.

Logan, the CEO of Cyber Ninjas, a Florida-based firm leading the review, said in a presentation Friday afternoon to the Arizona senate that the discrepancies were “small”.

“The ballots that were provided to us in the coliseum very accurately correlate with the official canvas numbers that came through,” he said.

What's the World coming to, when you can't even get an election-fraud conspiracy theorist to come up with a better result?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:06 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/30/trump-2020-election-steal-presidency-coup-inside-story
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:12 pm

And the beat goes on…….

Now that the Bipartisan January 6 Committee has handed down its report based on evidence from those not just on the outside but on the inside with Trump (which makes the evidence so compelling against Trump and his sycophants) the Department of Justice (DOJ) is continuing on with measured and considered actions.

The trial of the Proud Boys on the not so trivial charge of Sedition is commencing 😊😊😊

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/25/january-6-proud-boys-trial-begins-enrique-tarrio

The Marvellous Randy Rainbow (his real name) parodies it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5kafhG3Qw

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:30 pm

Fascinating article about one of Donald Trumps favourite films “Sunset Boulevard” and him. Brilliant film and the parallels are fascinating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/12/30/sunset-blvd-trump-norma-desmond/

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:20 pm

Another movie I haven't seen.

I'm surprised no one has drawn parallels with the Titanic, Trump standing on the bow proclaiming "I'm King of the world" while the ship sinks.

I haven't seen that movie either Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:36 pm

Haven’t seen sunset boulevard, titanic is shit,

I gotta say it seems wrong trumps tax figures are public knowledge

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:44 pm

^ Yeah, I'd like to see Pelosi's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 211, 212, 213 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 212 of 222   

Jump to: