Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rodgers breaks Favre's Green Bay record

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:02 am
Post subject: Rodgers breaks Favre's Green Bay recordReply with quote

Q: How does your team replace an epoch-defining quarterback who throws for 442 touchdowns in your colours?

A: With an epoch-defining quarterback who throws for 443 touchdowns (and counting) in your colours.

Congratulations to Aaron Rodgers on passing Brett Favre's amazing record a couple of minutes ago at Lambeau Field.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/25/green-bay-packers-cleveland-browns-aaron-rodgers
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:35 am

Quote:
They all wanted to catch it, and they all wanted to be the one to present the ball to Aaron Rodgers, but it was Allen Lazard who had the honor of catching the Green Bay Packers quarterback's franchise-record-setting 443rd career touchdown pass.

It happened in the first quarter of Saturday's 24-22 win over the Cleveland Browns at Lambeau Field, when Lazard took a short out and drove for the right pylon. History was made.

"My reaction was just like, 'Oh, s--t, I caught it,'" Lazard said. "I wasn't focused on it or anything. I didn't have a plan after to do anything special for him or anything. But I think, once I caught it, I knew I was in and saw the ref signal it. It was a pretty great feeling. It was just being on that part of history.

"Seeing his picture up there with the 443 and then I was just thinking about my journey; that this dude's thrown 443 touchdowns and I think I have maybe 12 or something like that total here in the past three years."

Rodgers said one of the things he loved about the play was that it was a throwback to his early days in the NFL.

"To throw 443 on double-stick, one of the first concepts I learned as a rookie in this offense, is pretty cool," Rodgers said. "I've had a long career and to break a record like that on a simple play like that, a staple of the West Coast offense, is pretty cool."

After the record-breaking touchdown, the Packers played a video message from Brett Favre on the scoreboard. Favre congratulated Rodgers and then said he had one request. "Go get us another Super Bowl," Favre said. "I got chills when it happened," Packers coach Matt LaFleur said. "I thought the tribute to him was outstanding, hearing from Brett Favre, having his message. It was just a great moment. I'm really, really happy that on top of that moment, that we were able to come away with a win."

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/32936652/aaron-rodgers-surpasses-brett-favre-443rd-touchdown-pass-green-bay-packers-career
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:21 am

Rodgers is going to play in the final regular season game tomorrow morning, despite Green Bay having tied up first place in the NFC with a week to go. They have a 13-3 record, despite a hideous opening game loss to the 'Aints and a loss during the season when Rodgers missed a game.

He is presently a favourite to be named MVP of the NFL (again) and will look to reach the Superbowl again, after his team's lack of competent defenders stopped them in the NFC Championship game in the two previous years. The defence has actually been good this year - and probably only the hopeless Special Teams phase can stop them going to the big game.

This morning, we have the Chiefs at Denver - Mahomes pushing for the top spot in the AFC (8.30 am, AEDST), followed at 12.25 pm by Dallas at Philadelphia
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:45 am

Number 12 played until halftime and then they wrapped him in cotton wool for the playoffs after 2 more TDs. Watching the future, now, with Jordan Love - and it isn't pretty. Here's hoping Rodgers plays until he's 50.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 pm

He’ll move on, I think, after yesterday’s debacle.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:28 am

And wins his 4th MVP: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33263080/nfl-2021-season-awards-handed-11th-annual-nfl-honors-ceremony

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers had won MVPs before -- three times, in fact, before this season -- but he had never won them in consecutive seasons until Thursday night.

Whether he goes for a third straight MVP and fifth overall with the Green Bay Packers or another team -- or doesn't go for one at all and retires -- remains in question.

Only Peyton Manning has won five MVPs, and it was Manning who handed Rodgers the award onstage at the NFL Honors awards show in Los Angeles. Rodgers, 38, became the fifth player in NFL history to win the award in consecutive seasons, joining Manning, Brett Favre, Joe Montana and Jim Brown.

He received 39 votes, while Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady got 10 and Los Angeles Rams receiver Cooper Kupp one. Rodgers has now won MVP for the 2011, 2014, 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker T.J. Watt won Defensive Player of the Year after tying the league's single-season sack record, while Kupp, who led the league in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns, won Offensive Player of the Year.

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Ja'Marr Chase was named Offensive Rookie of the Year, and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Micah Parsons won Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: