Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Crows. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We will beat Geelong next Saturday me thinks Cameron in for Kruger
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:35 am
Post subject: SidebottomReply with quote

Looks like sidy has turned back the clock back to 2010 form
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:35 am

Went to my first game in ages. Great to see so many enjoying the beautiful day and good performance by the Pies.

You can clearly see McRae is all about territory and so the fact that we are losing some categories in the stats doesn’t matter so much.

The things that stood out to me were:

Sidey - looks back. Fully engaged and did inspirational and courageous acts. Also used the footy beautifully and kicked a great long goal. His impact was significant.

JDG - has become a team first player. Hugely impactful and his goal kicking is now matching his ability

Grundy - looks much happier and is looking a bit lighter. Playing smarter and seems more team first

IQ - what a player we have here. Very strong, smart and silky. Combines very well with Moore, whom I regard as our most talented player

Henry - X factor. We are witnessing the birth of a match winner. Very few players have this and I think he will become a much feared and nightmarish match up for oppositions and a much loved player for us

Pendlebury - I was worried about whether he will be exposed for a lack of pace and in marking duels but has adapted well to his new role. Stabilises the mids at times too. Played a top match and looks to be improving with each quarter

McCreery - he is tough and smart. Very team oriented and may be our best tackler.

Josh Daicos - very nice game. Would like to see him be a bit more aggressive to his opponents though

Krueger - definitely has some talent, early days yet

All up, it was a good performance against a very young Crows team. Next week will be a stern test against the oldest team in the comp. smarting after a loss and very well coached. I wonder how our coach will go against his old team mate?

McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:46 am

Very tidy win by the Pies, can't help but be hugely impressed by these first 2 weeks, not just the wins but how they've gone about it.

The style of play, working off excellent ball pressure and offensive intent is great to watch. Equally impressive is they've got the job done with Pendlebury in defense (for the most part) and Adams not being a huge contributor either. The Pies have also been deadly accurate when it matters, it's been years!

Was clearly devo'd when Krueger did his shoulder, he showed plenty.

Just tapping into the Tyler Brown talk, he got to plenty of contests but does not find the ball much or bring the defensive pressure in a big way. Hope they persevere with him though, looks like he could do with a spell in the twos, to play on the ball full time and get some confidence. Very impressed by his size, he's the type we could do with.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:54 am

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Brown (don’t think he has it in him to be at AFL level), Kruger (good start) will make way for Maynard and Cox next week. Perhaps, if Roughead is ready, Madgen will also be replaced.

I’d say Cameron will replace Kruger. No idea why Cox played round 1 ahead of him anyway.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:01 am

The thing I really liked about this game was the balance. Nobody kicked more than 2 goals, but 12 different goal kickers. No real standout performances, but pretty much everyone was ok or better.

Probably the most encouraging performers were Mcreery and Ginnivan. It was good to see Jack get out of the forward 50 and show he’s not just a one trick player. He might have been BOG if his finishing had been up to his normal standards. And Mcreery is becoming a really good defensive forward who can impact a game with less than 10 touches.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:06 am

As far as in’s and outs, Cameron for Krueger is an obvious one as I think Cameron is a better player anyway. The other one is Maynard for Brown which is a big upgrade as Tyler’s the one player who hasn’t fired a shot either week this year
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:33 am

Nice to see Sidey has regained his form. He was truly terrible last year but now it looks like he could go on for another few years.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:02 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
As far as in’s and outs, Cameron for Krueger is an obvious one as I think Cameron is a better player anyway. The other one is Maynard for Brown which is a big upgrade as Tyler’s the one player who hasn’t fired a shot either week this year

Agree bloody shame about Krueger, love to see him take on his old prickbastardshithead team

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:02 pm

simon tonna wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Brown wasn’t the worst out there unfortunately I have Adams. But that’s not a matter of fact, what is is the win and the way we won.
I loved Kruegers game and Mcreerys, two barometers to the way we want to play. Ps never bring in Cox the ship has sailed.

Shocked Adams nearly had more clearances than Brown had possessions Shocked

Like I said “it’s not a matter of fact”. But he butchered the ball, was well beaten in when he was actually standing up in a contest, he’s kick for goal screamed desperation for accolades, never has he kicked a footy 40m+. I must admit he scrambles well.
Browns opponents didn’t touch the pill. Take a look😳

With regards to Your Comment on Brown and I honestly don't want to get into a slanging match with you , There was one incident in particular that got my blood boiling over Brown. The ball was coming out of our forward line due to a half hearted Brown tackle and he basically started dog trotting his way to the backline . There was a loose Crows player standing at CHF with Brown casually trotting along no more than 10 metres away and of course the loose player collected an unopposed mark and kicked a goal. With a single gram of urgency,Brown could easily have made up the ground to cover that loose player, but didn't.It typified his day.It just seemed like he knew his days are numbered.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:54 pm

Another shift in our strategies, is the constant rotating of our midfielders. We may see it even more when Maynard comes back. It’s a basic plan that’s designed to keep our mids fresh for todays transition running. Obviously you need the quality capable of playing midfield in the first place. ( DeGoey, Lipinski, Adams, Crisp, N Daicos, Pendles, Elliot, Maynard ) Clearly we do and we are working towards at least 8 players who will start in the centre at various stages of the game. It’s just keeping us in the game longer.
It has cost us a couple 6 6 6 free kicks out of the middle but we will tidy that up as the weeks rolls on.
We also seem to rotate our deep forwards more often. Another simple basic plan designed not to allow defenders any familiarity against their Collingwood opponents.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:39 pm

mudlark wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Brown wasn’t the worst out there unfortunately I have Adams. But that’s not a matter of fact, what is is the win and the way we won.
I loved Kruegers game and Mcreerys, two barometers to the way we want to play. Ps never bring in Cox the ship has sailed.

Shocked Adams nearly had more clearances than Brown had possessions Shocked

Like I said “it’s not a matter of fact”. But he butchered the ball, was well beaten in when he was actually standing up in a contest, he’s kick for goal screamed desperation for accolades, never has he kicked a footy 40m+. I must admit he scrambles well.
Browns opponents didn’t touch the pill. Take a look😳

With regards to Your Comment on Brown and I honestly don't want to get into a slanging match with you , There was one incident in particular that got my blood boiling over Brown. The ball was coming out of our forward line due to a half hearted Brown tackle and he basically started dog trotting his way to the backline . There was a loose Crows player standing at CHF with Brown casually trotting along no more than 10 metres away and of course the loose player collected an unopposed mark and kicked a goal. With a single gram of urgency,Brown could easily have made up the ground to cover that loose player, but didn't.It typified his day.It just seemed like he knew his days are numbered.

admittedly i noticed that as well second time round.
Brown showed no urgency most of the afternoon, he never chased nor did he attack the ball like we come to expect in a Brown. he really looks at the crossroads with he's footy early in the season so far. i really hope he can turn it around.
i also must admit i still have nightmares of 2018 gf and every time before and after that day when i see Tay kick a footy, i am a harsh arm chair critic for the most part but will happily eat humble pie when wrong. Also Adams played whilst suffering a migrane, thats brave.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:25 am

Went to the G and loved the game.
A few positives:
- Ollie Henry - wow - this kid will be a star. We picked him up for the Treloar draft pick. Reminds me of Stevie J
- DeGoey / Elliott / Crisp - all were brilliant in patches when they mixed it up in midfield. I like the rotation and it's working well - also contributed on the scoreboard.
- Pendles / IQ - cool down back and provide some run
- Noble - This year he seems to be playing more freely. One mistake where he kicked across goals, but he is taking the game on and is a better player for it.
- Krueger - cult like figure - impressive the way he attacked the ball
- McCreery - super aggressive, loves contact - he is our barometer.

Areas for improvement:
- Tyler Brown - not sure of his role - he looked lost up forward, and didn't touch it when in the middle. VFL for confidence?
- Taylor Adams - he had a migraine but some of his kicking was horrible. Has been hit and miss for a while, but he still has runs on the board.

Big test this week against the Cats.
Possible changes
- Cameron for Kruger
- Maynard for Brown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: