Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL Round 14

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ No Cox, no Collingwood.

Correct weight. Since Cox has been promoted the VFL side have struggled. Begg is too young, skinny and raw atm.

When Grundy returns to the VFL it might assist them a bit 😉😜

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Just some observations from the game I attended today:

1) Why did we recruit slight bodies as top ups for our VFL side? Sides like Brisbane tower over us and we can't compete in the air against the stronger bodies.

2) Will Kelly isn't a tall defender just yet. He doesn't have the physicality to compete in the air against bigger bodies. They should play him forward of the ball which they did in the last quarter.

3) Why was Poulter taken off in the second half. He was our best player. All you're doing is penalizing the team.

4) The comments about McMahon are misplaced. He was our best tall defender. He's coming along nicely although I'd like to see him play as a forward.

5) This was my first sighting of Charlie Dean at competition level. I liked what I saw. I think he's going to be a very good player for us.

6) Playing Madge down forward made sense because I can't see him displacing Murphy in the senior team. However all it did was penalize the team today. When they moved Madge down back in the last quarter we were a much better side.

7) I don't care how many kicks Carmichael got today. He's not ready to play in the senior side. We should be rejoicing that Chugg is making his debut tomorrow.

Cool Callum Brown is a real worry. When he's firing as he did in the last quarter he looked really good. Unfortunately when he's not firing he looks really bad. Tyler Brown is a much better proposition.

9) MaCrae is a bit of a worry. He looks ready to play senior footy but he doesn't do enough to justify a promotion.

10) Ruck is a major problem at VFL level, particularly when they were forced to play Tyler Brown there in the last quarter. I can under the recruitment of McStay. He doesn't deserve 600K a year but our list has a big deficiency in the stronger bodies at the moment. Begg looks very promising but his opponent towers over him.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:41 pm

I listened to some of the game while mowing and watched some. I don't know who the 12 yr old commentator who orgasmed every time Brisbane scored was, but they shitted me.

Definitely outsized, nothing I saw or heard was greatly promising other than Johnson got through the game and did a small number of nice things

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:42 pm

FT = Brisbane Lions 14.13.97 defeated Collingwood 11.6.72

Goals: Blackmore-Moore 2, Bianco 1, Fowler 1, Harrison 1, Hustwaite 1, Kelly 1, Lane 1, Macrae 1, Madgen 1, Wetering 1.

Disposals: Carmichael 24, Macrae 21, C Brown 18, Bianco 16, Draper 16, Kelly 16, T Brown 15, Madgen 15, Dean 14.

AF Points: Carmichael 95, Macrae 92, Begg 80, Madgen 73, C Brown 69, Hustwaite 69, Bianco 63, Kelly 57, Dean 56.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:44 pm

Clearances: Carmichael 5, C Brown 4, T Brown 3, Begg 2, Draper 2

Tackles: Begg 10, C Brown 6, Macrae 5, T Brown 4, Hustwaite 4

Marks: Carmichael 8, Madgen 7, Hustwaite 6, McMahon 6, Poulter 6

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:08 pm

I think Begg will be a forward/ruck rather than a pure ruckman. He has a good leap but I’m not sure he’s body will ever be physically ready to be a ruckman.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:12 am

Round 14 review (albeit a brief one). Includes the Pies V Lions mini match:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/789180/vfl-rd14-borough-ferocity-worth-the-wait

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:43 pm

^ ^ ^

M B F C - re Poulter coming off. I’m guessing he came off at half time and was carried over as the emergency ( as opposed to medi - sub ) in case a player does an injury in the warm ups. This scenario usually happens anytime the VFL plays before AFL and both games are in the same state. Obviously it’s a better result than him not playing any footy at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: