Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vale / in Memorium

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love her 💚

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:31 am

Amazing to think Olivia was already 29 when Grease came out and I find it funny that any teenage male who ever felt a certain twinge in the pants region upon watching Olivia in Grease was actually the jailbait in any fantasy.

Personally I always preferred the demure Sandy to the vamped up evolution of her character.

Then of course we have her opening appearance (3:25) in the video clip for the song Xanadu. Something about her little dance intro and the way she raises her arms that I still find incredibly sexy to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSB2O2Shts

Thanks for the childhood memories Olivia.

A beautiful lady inside and out now at peace.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Amazing to think Olivia was already 29 when Grease came out and I find it funny that any teenage male who ever felt a certain twinge in the pants region upon watching Olivia in Grease was actually the jailbait in any fantasy.

Personally I always preferred the demure Sandy to the vamped up evolution of her character.

Then of course we have her opening appearance (3:25) in the video clip for the song Xanadu. Something about her little dance intro and the way she raises her arms that I still find incredibly sexy to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSB2O2Shts

Thanks for the childhood memories Olivia.

A beautiful lady inside and out now at peace.

came back to say you shoulda put the time in...and then saw you did!
it is very good, anyone who can dance on skates is good too! she sure was beautiful! born in England of course!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:56 pm

And you guys say I watch weird movies. Laughing I've never seen that film, but it certainly looks ... different!
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:40 am

Sad Bump

RIP Rana McGoldrick

From Heraldsun

Well known Collingwood supporter who loved and lived for her team and family.

We will always treasure the very special memories we spent together at the football over many years.

Go Pies! Floreat Pica!

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/tributes/notice/death-notices/mcgoldrick-rana/5963357/?nk=76a7261838ecf0c144e113408308d386-1660743142

Funeral details here :

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/tributes/notice/funeral-notices/mcgoldrick-rana/5963414/?nk=76a7261838ecf0c144e113408308d386-1660742949

MCGOLDRICK, Rana

13/09/1938 - 12/08/2022
A Celebration for the Life of Rana McGoldrick will be held at the Joyce Chapel, Fawkner Memorial Park, 1187 Sydney Road, Fawkner on Monday August 22, 2022 commencing at 10.00am. Private Cremation will follow.
No Flowers by request of the family. To view the funeral service online go to: oneroomstreaming.com,
Family and Friends, Watch Now, Event ID: GMCTFawkner Password: 9C3FN7

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:11 am

May She RIP, and may the Pies get up for her this sunday xxx
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:06 pm

You do watch weird movies.

The 80's, you had to be there.
Wink

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:42 pm

I'm sure her family would have been in tears when that final siren rang yesterday.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:09 am
Post subject: RIP Barbara EhrenreichReply with quote

One of America’s best and most challenging political thinkers just passed away. I know WPT and a few others on here admired her work greatly; while I haven’t read any of her books, I’ve come across her writing here and there and she always struck me as an extraordinarily astute thinker on a range of important issues. Here’s a short overview of her career:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/09/she-kicked-ass

The whole thing is worth reading, but here are a few quotes of hers that stood out.

On authoritarianism in the workplace:

Barbara Ehrenreich wrote:
So if low-wage workers do not always behave in an economically rational way, that is, as free agents within a capitalist democracy, it is because they dwell in a place that is neither free nor in any way democratic. When you enter the low-wage workplace—and many of the medium-wage workplaces as well—you check your civil liberties at the door, leave America and all it supposedly stands for behind, and learn to zip your lips for the duration of the shift. The consequences of this routine surrender go beyond the issues of wages and poverty. We can hardly pride ourselves on being the world’s preeminent democracy, after all, if large numbers of citizens spend half their waking hours in what amounts, in plain terms, to a dictatorship.

On the sacrifices of the working poor:

When someone works for less pay than she can live on—when, for example, she goes hungry so that you can eat more cheaply and conveniently—then she has made a great sacrifice for you, she has made you a gift of some part of her abilities, her health, and her life. The ‘working poor,’ as they are approvingly termed, are in fact the major philanthropists of our society. They neglect their own children so that the children of others will be cared for; they live in substandard housing so that other homes will be shiny and perfect; they endure privation so that inflation will be low and stock prices high. To be a member of the working poor is to be an anonymous donor, a nameless benefactor, to everyone else. As Gail, one of my restaurant coworkers put it, ‘you give and you give.’

On the notion that women are morally superior to men:

A certain kind of feminism, or perhaps I should say a certain kind of feminist naivetĂ©, died in Abu Ghraib. It was a feminism that saw men as the perpetual perpetrators, women as the perpetual victims and male sexual violence against women as the root of all injustice. Rape has repeatedly been an instrument of war and, to some feminists, it was beginning to look as if war was an extension of rape. There seemed to be at least some evidence that male sexual sadism was connected to our species’ tragic propensity for violence. That was before we had seen female sexual sadism in action. But it’s not just the theory of this naive feminism that was wrong. So was its strategy and vision for change. That strategy and vision rested on the assumption, implicit or stated outright, that women were morally superior to men. We had a lot of debates over whether it was biology or conditioning that gave women the moral edge—or simply the experience of being a woman in a sexist culture. But the assumption of superiority, or at least a lesser inclination toward cruelty and violence, was more or less beyond debate
 If that assumption had been accurate, then all we would have had to do to make the world a better place—kinder, less violent, more just—would have been to assimilate into what had been, for so many centuries, the world of men. We would fight so that women could become the generals, CEOs, senators, professors, and opinion-makers—and that was really the only fight we had to undertake. Because once they gained power and authority, once they had achieved a critical mass within the institutions of society, women would naturally work for change. That’s what we thought, even if we thought it unconsciously—and it’s just not true. Women can do the unthinkable.

When people like this pass away, I tend to see it less of a cause for sadness than an opportunity to reflect on or discover their work. That’s certainly high on my list of priorities now.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:53 am

Very impressive woman who put forward her thoughts without all the hyperbole that infects so much political writing.

R.I.P.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:14 pm

Remarkable woman. I recall studying some of her work in the 80’s. Women, Witches and Nurses

https://muse.jhu.edu/book/11081#:~:text=In%20this%20Book&text=With%20insight%20and%20originality%2C%20Ehrenreich,in%20relation%20to%20women's%20rights.

A clever and insightful book. A huge loss to the world.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:36 am
Post subject: Health concerns for Queen Elizabeth IIReply with quote

Some suggestions the Queen might be about to cross the rainbow bridge:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62836057

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:07 am

Sounds like they are just waiting for everyone to arrive to make the official announcement.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:39 am

^Yep. Breaking news here on telly as we speak.

She was inoffensive as far as these things go. RIP.

BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61585886

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:58 am

Few Britons have known another monarch, so the end of Elizabeth’s reign after more than 70 years will thrust the royal family — and Britain — into days of mourning and an uncertain new era. Charlie is now the King.

RIP Lizzy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100   

Jump to: